Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 245336 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

I'm releasing my Stage 2++ file to the public. Please read the entire post before downloading and flashing this file!

I labeled this file STG 2++ because it is very aggressive, user beware!  But it is a very strong and smooth file.  If your car is healthy it is going to pull VERY hard.

I've attempted to make this file as safe as possible, due to the large variations of mileage, maintenance of the cars and drivetrain don't expect miracles.  I also don't take responsibility if you blow a turbo or anything else related to your car/motor/tranny. And I certainly don't take responsibility if you loose your license Tongue

Notes:
-----------------------------
-Boost profile holds approx 20-21psi, tapers to 13 psi by redline.
-7200 RPM Redline
-increased timing
-TB opens to 100% by 3000 RPM
-rear O2 sensors are turned off (can unplug sensor completely)
-suggest min. 93/94 octane, full downpipes and exhaust.  Recommended to upgrade IC's if possible.

Logs:
-----------------------------
Notes about the logs... they were taken when the car was already heatsoaked as can be seen by the IAT's... so fueling and timing is not representative if you have proper cooling or running on a cool night.

ed note: locking thread as it is utterly useless since the files are long gone - nyet
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 10:13:16 PM by nyet » Logged

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
judeisnotobscure

Logs look good.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:55:53 AM by judeisnotobscure » Logged

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
nyet
Administrator

very nice! can you add a requested AFR plot?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

thanks for letting me know it wasn't showing...

guess that's what happens when you C&P URL links Tongue

fixed now Smiley

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
iNSTRUCT

nice work but why is the fats run so high (7.2 sec?)

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

nice work but why is the fats run so high (7.2 sec?)

Not that it matters.. but the logs are from an A6, with lots of weight in it + it was heat soaked.

iNSTRUCT

you should be fine- log your cars correction factors and knock voltage to find out for sure.
thedrill

Ok I will try and flash the file,  I presume it uses the hitachi maf as its an m-box file? I have the bosch maf , so it would have to be edited first..

Thanks.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

^^ correct it's for a Hitachi sensor

malmhead

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »

First post, be kind. Smiley

I'm upgrading my intake/intercoolers this week and am planning on running this flash.

Along for the ride with those parts is a 85mm MAF.

I'd like to install it along with everything else, but I know this will screw things up if the tune is not adjusted for the larger MAF.

I haven't anything in the way of doing this kind of thing before. (Just got my vag cable today)... but.... looking at Tony's Stage 3 base tune, I see he adjusted the MLHFM table for the 85mm MAF.

Would all I need to do be just copy the values from his tune into this one? I see he also touched KFMLDMX for the maximum load which I suppose I can change pre-emptively but I'm not sure.

Do you think I should adjust the MAF now or just wait until I get my new turbos/fueling gear later?

Thanks
phila_dot

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 08:41:10 PM »

It makes no sense to me to install a larger MAF. Your injectors are already gonna be pushed beyond the limit by this file.

If you want to get a head start on stage 3 fueling, I would start with injectors and work on getting them calibrated properly.
malmhead

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »

It makes no sense to me to install a larger MAF. Your injectors are already gonna be pushed beyond the limit by this file.

If you want to get a head start on stage 3 fueling, I would start with injectors and work on getting them calibrated properly.

^^ perfect answer

Thanks guys-- What's this about the injectors being strained with this file? I don't see this mentioned anywhere else. Or is it simply the stock injectors have some known hard limit that this file exceeds?
phila_dot

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 12:36:31 PM »

^^ perfect answer

Thanks guys-- What's this about the injectors being strained with this file? I don't see this mentioned anywhere else. Or is it simply the stock injectors have some known hard limit that this file exceeds?

Basically any stage 1 or 2 tuning will max out the stock injectors. Look at the IDC graph on the first page.
malmhead

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »

^^ perfect answer

Basically any stage 1 or 2 tuning will max out the stock injectors. Look at the IDC graph on the first page.

Thanks phila_dot, I'll just pack away the MAF until stage3+ Grin
savages4

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »

So I went over the oxygen sensor deletes, and there are about 3-4 values that aren't 0'd out that should be.  I fixed them in my map but I thought I would give you a heads up.  The S4wiki is even missing a few based upon the info in this thread: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,615.msg6470.html#msg6470
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: