Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 248472 times)
adeyspec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r96xAIGgQc here she is. there are a few m3s locally so ill try and pick on one lol. ive adjusted the map a little since yesterdays run im happy to share what ive got too, its had a little more mid range boost added in and drives and pulls very well as well as some timing here and there. im happy to post it up here but i dont know where to host the file? would also love someone with experience to take a look at it for me?
ddillenger

If it's a spinoff of this file, post it here. No need to host, just upload it as an attachment.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
adeyspec

this is it, any comments would be great, is working fantastic on my car and really pushing the numbers.
aysix

L box version for the tip guys who want a direct download with rear o2's and egt's disabled

========================================================
ME7check v1.12 (c) mki, 06/2004-05/2012
Checking file out.bin (size=1048576)
Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = embedded in CPU, asume 05.12/05.32
-> EPK = 40/1/ME7.1/5/6005.01//22m/DstD1o/110700//
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - '0261207004'         (SSECUHN)
   - '1037354145'         (SSECUSN)
   - '8D0907551L  '       (VAG part number)
   - '0001'               (VAG sw number)
   - '2.7l V6/5VT     '   (engine id)
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - 'HW_MAN004'

-> No errors found. File is OK.   *********************

Silly Rabbit 6 speed A6
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

^^ nice Smiley

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
1gcrazy

I'm getting the bad studder from 3000-4000 ish... It's overboosting to close to 25 in the gears it's happening. Any thoughts?
corradovolksb

I'm getting the bad studder from 3000-4000 ish... It's overboosting to close to 25 in the gears it's happening. Any thoughts?

What is your elevation? If you close to sea level you should lower ldrxn a little bit and see if that helps. I'm at 1500feet and that's what I set the boost curve for.

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
1gcrazy

I'm in Colorado Springs not sure of elevation...
adeyspec

Not sure if its any help but I'm about 30ft above sea level where I am, I took the car nearly 1400ft up yesterday on a drive through the welsh mountains and didn't experience any over boosting or anything. Gave it death too as there are some nice roads out there
prento

Hi all,

I successfully flashed this to a 2001 Euro Allroad 6mt.  It works with no fault codes so far.  Edit:  I have have P1473 evap fault codes when started from cold.  I am guessing it is due to NA / Euro differences.  Will try to figure out how to code out evap system.

As for the tune......WOW!  Smooth and the pull is superb.  I have done some logs so will try to figure them out and tweak.  Definitely need to drop the peak boost a bit as my 100k K03's were screaming a bit with this tune.  Also im running 98 ron so may see if there is any room for timing tweaks.

Thanks for the super tune and Im looking forward to tinkering and customizing the car and tune together.  Just need to figure out the best way to fit the RS4 intercoolers and get some K04's before mine blow up!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:49:13 PM by prento » Logged
adeyspec

i have continued tweaking my version of this map and today ran a 12.7 @ 106mph with a 16mph headwind  Grin
adeyspec

oh and it turns out there was split in my tb boot! shit really, took the car out again today reving higher than normal as i was shifting at 6500, every time i went past that i was getting negative deviation! thought i might of been asking too much of the old turbos, nope hole in the tb boot! shoulda checked it yesterday after racing, so might even be a little more in it at its current stage of tune, such a good base to work from, thanks
shane0569

Hey guys,
This file has been running pretty well in my car for a while now. I notice something though, when I use the Launch, it will backfire a good bit...is that indicative of it going too rich, possibly because of a small boost leak...or DVs not holding enough boost?

Thanks
ddillenger

It "backfires" because it's got antilag. The timing is retarded so as to dump raw fuel into the exhaust manifolds, where it ignites and spools the turbos. Tell me you didn't flash this to a car with catalytic converters? You really should understand what you're flashing and what it does.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
adeyspec

adeyspec, what are the main changes that you have made to this file?

Timing boost and fuelling. Currently trying to work on getting better mpg at cruise as I'm on the motorway every day. I also changed the settings for the anti lag in a basic way so I now have adjustable launch boost based on throttle position. 0psi to about 23psi, Works well at the strip. Anti lag does KILL spark plugs though, be carefull.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: