Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Charge Air System and Fault Diagnosis (VAG 1.8T Engines)  (Read 5319 times)
TTQS
« on: October 23, 2011, 03:01:27 AM »

I wrote this up for another forum but it might be useful to some here. It is all based on my motor which has BFV variant engine but part numbers are common to BAM. The root part number after the first three digits identifying the model should be recognisable to owners of other 1.8T models.

TTQS
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:27:38 AM by TTQS » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:59:47 AM »

Thanks!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
jihyu

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »

Thanks for shared.
TTQS
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »

I used the knowledge for the first time today when I noticed my diverter valve fluttering excessively on the overrun so it had to be a fault somewhere, most probably a leak or hose split. Sure enough, the small bore hose leading from the N249 valve to the top of the diverter valve had split above the hose clamp, hence losing vacuum causing the valve to flutter excessively.

I removed the semi-sheared bit and re-fixed it. There was a fault code standing but I had diagnosed and found it before I ran the scan on my Liquid gauge.

I don't think there's a specific aftermarket silicon replacement for that hose so I've just ordered a length of silicon hose to replace it with

TTQS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: