Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: running lean  (Read 45392 times)
golfputtputt

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »

You have mentioned this a dozen times. I hope you understand that this is not your issue right? A turbo that is not balanced will destroy itself. So, if it is not screaming itself to death (scraping the wheels on the housings) its not that unbalanced. If you have ran it for 500 miles at stock boost, and it is not leaking or whining, its not your issue. Your posts seem to suggest that you blame the (maybe lack of proper) turbo balancing for boost fluctuations.

No no no, not at all. Im just rather nervous with my car. I dont like destroying things or pushing things to or near their limit without confidence in their validity. As im unsure that the turbo is balanced properly and that i dont know what an unbalanced turbo sounds like, if anything unique in particular i can only assume that the possibility of a WOT run at 11 psi peak stock boost, the turbo could jetison itself into my intercooler is real. Perhaps my inexperience is bringing about overcaution but that is how i must aproach things.

I have an inkling that IRL/IOP is resposible for boost fluctuations but thats just a guess, i need to verify if this is true or not and im sure how to do that. If actual load goes above requested?

I will get my hands on a 3 bar fpr asap and get the car SW back to stock and post my log when i can with the variables needed for assessment.

Make sure that the stock file you have is calibrated for the proper MAF and injectors.  Then get some logs; IDC shouldn't peg.  Then up fuel; log again.  Don't change load/boost.

Problem is, i have logs i took before that had stock boost levels of 11 psi with stock fuel system and fuel parameters and stock MAF where the IDC was unusually close to 100%. Problem is i didnt log the right variables to determine why it was so high, bts or whatever. I will be logging those now.

How did you decide what to do if you aren't able to log?

I am only recently wary of running a WOT log as the turbo rebuild was only a few weeks ago. Fueling changes were done a while back and i took logs before and after to verify. Did research to determine LAMFAWKR was the primary pathway i wanted to use for base WOT fueling.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:00:27 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
prj

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2016, 09:54:54 AM »

I am only recently wary of running a WOT log as the turbo rebuild was only a few weeks ago. Fueling changes were done a while back and i took logs before and after to verify. Did research to determine LAMFAWKR was the primary pathway i wanted to use for base WOT fueling.
I don't see how it is relevant to anything when the turbo was rebuilt. It's not like you have to "take it easy" with a rebuilt turbo or something - if anything contacts there it destroys itself.
Stop doing anything until your hardware is fixed and don't waste everyone's time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
golfputtputt

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:25 PM »

IDC over 100%

also, should actual load be so far above requested?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:03:08 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 06:50:57 PM »

As suspected, BTS fueling is kicking in very early.  Something is causing your calculated egts to be higher than normal which is causing a rich bts fuel request.  (larger downpipe, gutted cat, no rear o2)  It's already calculating 950* just after 3,000rpm.

Also, MAF might be reading slightly higher than normal causing the higher load readings, which could also be a reason for higher egt calcs.

You aren't "running lean" and I wouldn't really worry about your injectors being maxed out.  It's all because the ecu is trying to compensate by adding fuel via BTS to lower EGTs.  Actual lambda is following requested perfectly.

If you want to patch the issue with software, just increase TABGBTS as to disable BTS fueling, or you could modify FBSTABGM to shift BTS enrichment to higher temps.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »

LOL I really should have looked at your actual logs instead of trusting your topic of "running lean"

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 08:12:22 PM »

My cat less down pipe split a weld from too much heat (only split at a bad flow point right out of the turbine side housing so its likely high EGT's (which the log reflects).

anyway, while I weld that up, the OEM down pipe with cat is back on and was in place for this most recent log. Also, both O2's are present, brand new, OEM and working.

If you want to patch the issue with software, just increase TABGBTS as to disable BTS fueling, or you could modify FBSTABGM to shift BTS enrichment to higher temps.

Yea I did that with the other tune I put together that ya'll wanted me to get rid of.

My whole question was which direction to modify KRKTE in for dialing in fueling with a 4 bar FPR in preparation to install my turbocharger and to give me advice on if my load readings seemed off. I had figured out I wasn't running lean a while ago, I just didn't want to muddy the forums with more questions of mine so I posted it here. What should I do about the MAF readings?

Also, I had questions about part throttle tuning and why I am still experiencing this "boost drop" sensation. Not really sure why I reverted back to the old tune with an old FPR.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:01:00 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: