Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: running lean  (Read 45522 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »

Sure, but fix the unknown issue first before doing so. This car has a problem, and changing the calibration is absolutely the wrong approach. Just going in circles.

Yes, I agree with this.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »

I'm stumped. I don't know why the injectors are maxing out on stock hardware. Any guesses? entire Fuel system is brand new. every part, no exageration. Intake tract checked for leaks, none. intake pressure tubes all new. pre o2 exhaust leaks would not lead to high IDC. Im stumped.

I think there may be something up with how the stock load maps interact with the lack of all the emissions equipment, pod filter and catless and catback exhaust system. I really think the car needs to be calibrated for these hardware changes.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:11:05 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2016, 12:09:39 PM »

O2 sensors ok?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 12:22:48 PM »

I'm stumped. I don't know why the injectors are maxing out on stock hardware. Any guesses? entire Fuel system is brand new. every part, no exageration. Intake tract checked for leaks, none. pre o2 exhaust leaks would not lead to high IDC. Im stumped.

Well you won't get to the bottom of it with the logs you provided.   Your injectors are maxing out because the lambda request is very rich.  The logs you provided on the previous page is obviously not a stock tune, as lambda request much richer than a stock request.   You need to log more variables to find out where the rich request is coming from.... lamfa, bts, or kr fueling.

Please, let's stop right here.   Flash a stock file, revert back to 3 bar fpr, and obtain logs.   Log, at minimum, the following vars:

lamsoni_w
lamsbg_w
lambts_w
lamfa_w
lamfaw_w
lamfawkr_w
tabgbts_w

and then everything else that you would normally log.

golfputtputt

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »

O2 sensors ok?

brand new. less than 1000 miles

Please, let's stop right here.   Flash a stock file, revert back to 3 bar fpr, and obtain logs.   Log, at minimum, the following vars:

lamsoni_w
lamsbg_w
lambts_w
lamfa_w
lamfaw_w
lamfawkr_w
tabgbts_w

ok well, than I'll see ya'll in 3-4 months when I can buy a new K03s turbo, FPR and find time to install the damn thing and re log because thats a gargantuan job with money I don't have right now.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:31:43 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2016, 12:34:16 PM »

The only thing you have to swap is the FPR.

You can run a stock file on the big turbo, no problem.

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2016, 12:36:58 PM »

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT
vwaudiguy

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2016, 12:37:52 PM »

The only thing you have to swap is the FPR.

Wait, now he has a big turbo too? Man I'm going crazy.

No file posted
Non stock hardware
We must all be reeeaaaaalllllyyy bored.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2016, 12:39:50 PM »

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT

Just add that to the mile long list of other things you don't know. I just can't understand why on earth you'd want to teach yourself to tune by trying to tune out some unknown software/hardware issue.

At least start with a known good hardware setup, and a stock file.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
golfputtputt

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2016, 12:40:16 PM »

Wait, now he has a big turbo too? Man I'm going crazy.

it's not in the car. But the turbo that is in the car can't be confirmed that it is balanced properly because it was rebuilt

Just add that to the mile long list of other things you don't know

LOL NO SHIT
vwaudiguy

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2016, 12:43:00 PM »

Listen to the people in this thread that are trying to point you in the right direction.

Stock FPR
Stock file
Log

Also...Why haven't you posted the file on your ecu?

golfputtputt

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2016, 12:50:27 PM »

no one asked for it.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2016, 02:46:46 PM »

Please put your file back to stock with a 3bar..And I'm saying this because I looked through the file briefly. What's with all the fueling changes? How did you decide what to do if you aren't able to log?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:55:36 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

adam-

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2016, 02:03:49 AM »

Yeah, stock file, back to 3 bar.  There's no need to go to 4 bar IMO; it just means you're too cheap to buy bigger injectors.

Make sure that the stock file you have is calibrated for the proper MAF and injectors.  Then get some logs; IDC shouldn't peg.  Then up fuel; log again.  Don't change load/boost. 
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2016, 04:14:59 AM »

But the turbo that is in the car can't be confirmed that it is balanced properly because it was rebuilt
You have mentioned this a dozen times. I hope you understand that this is not your issue right? A turbo that is not balanced will destroy itself. So, if it is not screaming itself to death (scraping the wheels on the housings) its not that unbalanced. If you have ran it for 500 miles at stock boost, and it is not leaking or whining, its not your issue. Your posts seem to suggest that you blame the (maybe lack of proper) turbo balancing for boost fluctuations.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: