Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 63
Author Topic: ME7 EEPROM programmer  (Read 908387 times)
maZer.GTi

« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »

Big Big Thx, tool is working great!
jona29

« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »

it is possible for the vag k + can, to read the me7.5 eeprom in obd mode ? get a time out response.

can the me7_95040 read in obd mode if the clocks do not match the skc code of the ecu ?

sure I have used vag k +can before and not in boot mode to read the eeprom for pin code .

just asking before I have to source an old ecu plug/obd socket to bench flash this thing.

thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »

Yes, this program can read the ecu eeprom (doesn't need to be adapted and matched, I used it on the bench all the time without being near the car). In order to write the eeprom you need bootmode.

Read the entire thread, it's all detailed.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jona29

« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2013, 07:36:59 AM »

great managed to read the eeprom in obd mode where ,vag k+can cannot ,maybe due to not been able to set the port speed to 10,400

anyway is there a program to read the dump and show me the pin to adapt it or does it have to be done through a hex editor
ddillenger

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »

It must be done with a hex editor. Read the immobilizer sticky.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jona29

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »

opened it in a hex editor ,read the sticky on how to read the skc , not really looked at a eeprom dump from an ecu before but to me the eeprom looks corrupt . checked in vcds there is now vin or immo data when reading the engine

could someone confirm this before i solder to the pins in the ecu so i can flash either the virgin dump or an immo off one.

thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »

The Immo is on in that file, and the SKC has been FF'd out? What are you trying to accomplish there?

The reason the vin and immobilizer ID are coming up XX'd is because they were XX'd in the bin.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jona29

« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

i either need to defeat the immo or read the skc so i can adapt the ecu to the cars cluster and key . there is no vin showing in vcds for this ecu , measure block 91 shows 4 as though its adapted but the immobilser is showing  blocked in the cluster .

the ecu is part off an engine conversion . i was given the car to "get it running" after the person who fitted the engine ,chopped wires and also snapped the original transponder for the ecu . i do have the clocks but they are B00 and cannot be read even with abritus .

the car now starts but cuts out when the immo kicks in

forgot to state that is the untouched dump from the ecu . i have no history of the donor car or even if it was running before the transplant.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:44:39 PM by hollow » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »

There is no skc in that dump, it's FF'd out. Here is your dump immo-off'd. I tagged it because the immobilizer sticky details everything you're asking. You can remove my tag but will require research. That being said, the car will start and run with this file.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jona29

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »

thankyou for the file ,i didnt post it up to get it sorted ,saying that i am grateful for the file .it posted it up to confirm that there was no   skc  in the file rather than flash another file to the ecu if it was good and i just wasn't looking at it correctly.

i do wonder though maybe the donor car was cheap as it obviously wouldnt run in this state 
ddillenger

« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »

I see no reason to FF out the skc. Sorry if I came off harsh, but the sticky covers all of this. Write the file, car should stay running.

DD

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jona29

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »

think im explaining myself wrong here , i havent ff out the skc at all , i think the eeprom has corrupted trying to read it with vag k+can and the original 1.4 clocks in situ .could not gain access to the eeprom
even tried abritus72 with no success .
this program in this thread  is the only one capable of access to the eeprom whilst in situ in the ecu .

only after reading the whole thread and the the immobiliser thread did i attempt to read it in a hex editor .
i have edited bin files from vw cars before to add functions to the clocks .

when i opened the dump it looked incorrect as the address was ff,ff i was just wanting confirmation.

i have edited the original file which i uploaded here and added an skc  , just trying to work out how to use the checksum program to correct the checksum.
i am correct to have added the skc of 7229
ddillenger

« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »

The immobilizer is still on in that file, and you added half an SKC. The skc is mirrored in the location directly underneath 32 and 33, you need to modify those bits as well.

In addition, bits 12 and 22 have to be set from 01 (on) to 02 (off).

And the eeprom wasn't corrupted, someone (I never thought it was you) obviously ff'd the skc out.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jona29

« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2013, 02:34:52 PM »

The immobilizer is still on in that file, and you added half an SKC. The skc is mirrored in the location directly underneath 32 and 33, you need to modify those bits as well.

In addition, bits 12 and 22 have to be set from 01 (on) to 02 (off).

And the eeprom wasn't corrupted, someone (I never thought it was you) obviously ff'd the skc out.

right understand you on that now ,i would rather have the immo on if possible, as i understand it if the skc matches the one in the cluster, then the ecu would start the car as it would then be matched .

just cant seem to get the cmd's right to correct the checksum
ddillenger

« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »

Usage instructions for 95040sum:

1. Save the exe into your user directory (C:\Documents and Settings\usernamehere)
2. Place your eeprom bin into the same folder
3. Open up a CMD line, and type: 95040sum (name of your eeprom).bin (desired name of corrected file).bin
4. Click enter

Example:

95040sum eeprom.bin fixed.bin

Name your eeprom on.bin

When you have the exe and on.bin saved in your user directory, run CMD, and type:

95040sum bad.bin good.bin

then, you can open your user directory, and the good.bin will be the corrected file.

If you can't get it, start a new thread. No need to clutter this one.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 63
  Print  

Jump to: