Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 8N0 906 018 BP - xdf definition file - Audi S3 BAM 2002  (Read 18929 times)
Awaken

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »

If this xdf does not work with your bin right now, don't change anything to your bin with this xdf. You can either look for an xdf that works, or use file compare between my original bin and your bin, and then adjust my xdf slightly (I think the addresses need to get shifted by about 2 bytes) to make it match your bin. This is how initially started building this xdf, because there was only AMK xdf available.

Check your ecu number, if it is different than 8N0 906 018 BP (note BP letters), then it is possible that this bin does not work for you even though your engine is also BAM... what is your ecu number?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 02:04:49 AM »

Just because two ECUs are both "BAM" it doesn't mean anything. Almost every ECU with different P/N's have different map layouts (there are exceptions but they are rare).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stuartdean

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »

okay - thanks just to be clear, just because my 2001 S3 AMK and 2003 TT BAM both had the same map arrangement from bin to XDF - this was just coincidence as they must have used the same part number, but you cannot put a differently organised bin file structure - I wasn't sure whether when the car "booted up" the ECU would start reading the file and know what goes where from some sort of file allocation table.

I do remember on AudiSportNet, when some people were testing putting their AMK and BAM maps onto different cheaper 1.8T ECU's from Passat's or similar to document which ECU's can or cannot be used - as long as immo defeated and original MAP available to flash over second hand ECU.  it's weird as some extra settings I have looked up and used the memory addresses found on-line and they were correct.

no matter - it was just a question.  thanks for the replies Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2019, 04:24:11 PM »

Physical ECUs are often cross flashable; you can put any number of different bins on them.

The issue is the bin's P/N, not the ECU itself.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
KJetstar

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 09:45:00 AM »

I am afraid your file had a small error with the address of this map. I have corrected it and attaching a new version. Please double check if you want.

Thanks guys,
I will use your file to compare with my bin.
Good work.
Awaken

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2022, 03:04:40 AM »

More definitions added, but please note that there are launch control and NLS definitions on here that might not match your bin, so I would not use them out of the box.
TeknoFi

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2022, 03:00:57 PM »

MLHFM content was all over place, changed it back to working one.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: