Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Can only communicate with ecu in boot mode??  (Read 9356 times)
EuroXs4

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 12:20:35 PM »

Just flashed a 518F bin to the ecu using galletto.Went through no problem.However.Still no change.I dont think its a 518F board as I purchased this used ecu on ebay about 3 weeks ago.I have the original flash from the ecu.Tried flashing that back still no change.I had it flashed on the bench without issues.I did notice the ground pad for pin 24 is missing/lifted from the board.I had the ecu installed in the car and tested it was working before I reassembled ebox cover.Car ran at first.Then failed to start with both fans cycling on and off.At that point I installed the original ecu back into the car.

I should point out that at this point im reading and flashing with galletto.At this point I DONT even need to short the pin to ground it seems as soon as the ecu gets power its automatically in bootmode. Also as I am unable to communicate with this ecu and another used ecu I purchased with nefmoto.Neither will communicate with nefmoto.In kwp2000 or bootmode.

Other ecu works without issues.Has been reflashed and modified without issues.

It is probable a hardware issue on the Ecu, ie your lifter pad or some other damage.

But just for curiosity sake..

Can you flash a "F" bin and see what happens?

I'm wondering if a "F" board was put in a "AK" case at some point.

Just a thought.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:23:04 PM by EuroXs4 » Logged
Hani

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »

Had similar problem after i removed some sort of protection from 29f800 (protection ic was gal16v8).
Turned out that i bricked c167 somehow. Replaced it and works ok again.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: