Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NefMoto really working for all ME7 cars or only VAG?  (Read 4748 times)
kinim

« on: February 04, 2017, 03:02:11 AM »

Hi there

my short question before buying any equipment which came not 100% clear for me so far:

- does the NefMoto software work on all cars equipped with an ME7 ECU over OBD, including Alfa Romeo? The beginner guide has some working cars listed, but these are only VAG, whereas the rest of guides not definitely specifies on these
   though.
- in that case, would I only need the KKL cable?. That would be nice as I already do the normal OBD diagnostics with such a blue VAG KKL cable on the Alfas, which is not normally intended to work for Alfa at all.

Many thanks in advance for solving my last uncertainties and overall for the great forum and beginner guides!

Regards

Michael
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:25:21 AM by kinim » Logged
dokalanyi

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 11:26:53 AM »

Hi AFAIK,
It's only VAG ME 7.1 and 7.5. Your mileage will vary, but I remember seeing a thread about someone trying with ME 7.0, and there are a few nuances in the way addresses are read.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 01:22:40 PM »

only vag with some known bugs. me7.1.1, me7.5, and me7.1

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
kinim

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 08:17:52 AM »

hi again

thanks for your replies, although I hoped it could work  Undecided
Just to clarify my request, the cars I am talking about are both Alfa Romeo GT 937 with a MED 7.1.1 direct injection engine, and and standard 7.3.1. Second one is practically the ECU the well known FR is taken from.

Afaik both ECUs have also found their way into VAG cars, haven't they?

Greetings

Michael
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:24:17 AM by kinim » Logged
daniel2345

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 08:34:22 AM »

Clear no.

Every manufacturer uses its own protocol or at least some custom implementations on it.

So no ME7 which is flashable on VAG must be flashable the same way on Alfa, or Daimler or Opel or anything.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:59:22 PM »

Yes, ME7 ECUs have found their way into many non-VAG cars. Some will work with the NEF tools, some wont.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kinim

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 01:35:28 AM »

Many thanks for your replies,

so there is nothing wrong about giving it a try as I have the blue cable already here.

I also assume it is the same for the ME7 logger? I could work but it rather does not. (although in this case there is already a post about a working Peugeot, giving hope)

However I will keep you updated on this for publics interest.

Greetings

Michael
jahkotuning

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 05:46:12 AM »

I've been using it on Volvo's fine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: