Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECU Disconnected Mid Full Write Flash...Wont re connect..input welcome  (Read 5601 times)
dannyd

So last evening i selected my tune, ran it through my checksum plugin for tunerpro, then used the setzi62 (or whatever) final checksum verification. 0 errors and the plugin released the all good message as well.

Hooked up to my car (fully charged battery and full power charger...vagcom gauge reading 12.5 volts...yes i check before i write). connected using slow inut (connection succeeded), selected the tune and the memory layout (for m box)

and said  Full Write Flash.

I got 3 or 4% in when it said ecu disconnected... disconnecting.....

apon trying to re connect i was un-successful

I am almost certain that i am bricked. and need to bench flash from boot mode...

I disconnected power from the ecu to allow it to reset and tried again...same issue

Any input???

Can i remedy this with the ecu still in the car?? or do i need to bench it???

What may have caused this.

Thanks kindly for your reply,
julex

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »

In my experience disconnecting battery for over 2 minutes works to reset the ecu and allows flashing.

If that doesn't work....boot mode is the only way.

failed flashes are usually due to wrong memory layout choice. What did you choose for your mpbox? It should be "ME7 29F800BB.MemoryLayout.xml"
dave_graham

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »

question on the memory layout file, julex.

did an ECU flash today using the 29F800BB layout (I've got a 2003 BEL Allroad) and it noted that several memory regions were not needed but flashed them anyway.  I'm assuming this is standard operating procedure..

is there some way to determine what ECU to memory mapping is?  pardon the ignorance.

d
julex

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »

I think the payout verification options of nefmoto would do it for you. but it sounds like you got the right layout.
phila_dot

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »

did an ECU flash today using the 29F800BB layout (I've got a 2003 BEL Allroad) and it noted that several memory regions were not needed but flashed them anyway.  I'm assuming this is standard operating procedure..

Yes, if you had a premium license those regions would be skipped to shorten flashing time.

is there some way to determine what ECU to memory mapping is?  pardon the ignorance

Best way is to look at the flash chip inside the ECU.
dave_graham

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 03:33:45 PM »

thanks julex and Phila_dot...

d
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: