Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: A4 B6 1.8tq k04 tune  (Read 19027 times)
_nameless

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »

Some are not going to like this fix for your boost and YES it is a hack BUT it will work and keep your boost spike down until you learn how to log and make changes to dial in pid control. Work on fueling with larger injectors and get that set first before you try to get boost set with just the n75

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »

Some are not going to like this fix for your boost and YES it is a hack BUT it will work and keep your boost spike down until you learn how to log and make changes to dial in pid control. Work on fueling with larger injectors and get that set first before you try to get boost set with just the n75

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 10:28:54 AM »

No.. Do NOT do any tuning with broken hardware.

Period.

It is a complete waste of time. You're "saving" time by working on something you'll only have to retune later.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »

No.. Do NOT do any tuning with broken hardware.

Period.

It is a complete waste of time. You're "saving" time by working on something you'll only have to retune later.
whats broken? did i miss something? 

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 02:31:29 PM »

whats broken? did i miss something? 

Sorry got this confused with the boost spike thread.

In any case, i'd just start with a much more conservative IMX to limit boost while dialing in fueling (if the hw is fine).

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »

Sorry got this confused with the boost spike thread.

In any case, i'd just start with a much more conservative IMX to limit boost while dialing in fueling (if the hw is fine).
I agree with lowering imx but considering his boost issue and lack of fueling i feel for now his easiest option is to 7se a manual boost c9btroller

_nameless

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »

Sorry my phone is a pile of shit

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »

I agree with lowering imx but considering his boost issue and lack of fueling i feel for now his easiest option is to 7se a manual boost c9btroller

Pulling IMX takes 30 seconds, plumbing a MBC in parallel... a ton of time, then you have to undo it and start all over again anyway

Just my opinion, YMMV

ECUx Plot

Carsinc

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »

But if he started with a tune with less boost like the stage one here.
Then he could throw some 550cc injectors in and be really close after
a couple tweaks.
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 03:31:48 AM »

Krkte and tvub maps to get injectors scaled. Use block 32 to dial them in on vcds. Dialed in by adjusting krkte value +/- based off adaption. Use good brand injectors and be sure to put the voltage times into tvub that came with the injectors. Injectors dont have the same dead times between sizes or brands sobe sure youre using the right ones . Start with the group-in 518ak, read what changes are made and try to u derstand why

I can't do a full read flash of my tuned ecu or my original. I have done everything the forums say and have researched the problem. The memory layout I choose is  ME7 29F800BB.MemoryLayout.xml. I have the battery charging while doing reading it. The Baud rate is lowered. I see people say you cant read some tuned ecus, ok but why doesnt the original work?
Logs:

Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Starting diagnostic session.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.

I should work with my own original tune rather than someone else's tune which is why im trying to read it.

_nameless

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 04:30:22 AM »

What we mean by YOUR tune is obe you make. The reasons why you make your own file is so you know what changes have been and why. Lean how to log, how to read the log and how to make changes to your file based off the log. The file tjsts on your eci is not gold and i bet its not even that good of a file. Ive recently retuned some of the files made by your current tuner and i can say they really are junk. My point is spend your efforts readimg amd understanding efi to start and how to make a file for your car on tour own or use the group in project as a base.
Youre not going to read the pile (i mean file) without removing it from ypur car and bootmode read. Tooners will F0 >FF the bootrom or add "noread" tags in the file to stop the read. Any good brand tool respects noread tags threw port flash

smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 05:37:30 AM »

Thanks, I have known about using the n75 and mbc to limit boost for ages. I am running the setup that you sent a pic of right now.
It works but the boost surges and is not as good as when I had the old turbo and just the n75... makes sense

Trying to move away from stock injectors and the mbc.
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 05:58:53 AM »

But if he started with a tune with less boost like the stage one here.
Then he could throw some 550cc injectors in and be really close after
a couple tweaks.

I will buy 550 ev14's (even though I have 440's) but not until I know how to change fueling (KRKTE from what I read)
Dont know what the benefit of 550s over 440s is other than what other people say "leaves room for future improvement"
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 06:09:47 AM »

What we mean by YOUR tune is obe you make. The reasons why you make your own file is so you know what changes have been and why. Lean how to log, how to read the log and how to make changes to your file based off the log. The file tjsts on your eci is not gold and i bet its not even that good of a file. Ive recently retuned some of the files made by your current tuner and i can say they really are junk. My point is spend your efforts readimg amd understanding efi to start and how to make a file for your car on tour own or use the group in project as a base.
Youre not going to read the pile (i mean file) without removing it from ypur car and bootmode read. Tooners will F0 >FF the bootrom or add "noread" tags in the file to stop the read. Any good brand tool respects noread tags threw port flash

I agree, my current tune is worthless now that I have different hardware. I have 2 ecus I can work with, just which one to edit is the question (stock or tuned)
Nefmoto flasher wont let me do a full read flash of either -This doesn't matter because i can just flash the new tune over it, I understand.

Since i cant read my own file and edit it i will need to get another file to work with. The stg 1 tune for 440cc injectors which i keep talking about is what I was thinking of using but nobody has said "yes" or "no"
_nameless

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 07:04:27 AM »

Where you want to start is your choice. Youre asking for input well heres my 2€. Use the group in file as a base and tune for larger injectors. Lower imx as Nye said and start from there. Not all 518ak files are the same i think 4 versions? So not all of the maps line up with other versions and you wont be able to use missmatch map pack / files. The main reason im saying to start with the group-in rom is it comes with the right map pack for the file. If you want to use 440cc injectors you can port tvub from the 440 file and calc krkre.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: