Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Open Source NefMoto ME7 ECU Flasher and Data Logger  (Read 216117 times)
bennyboi

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2019, 01:02:58 PM »

Is there anyway to get this to work with Openport2.0?
d3irb

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »

Is there anyway to get this to work with Openport2.0?

Sure, it's open source.

In its current form, no. It's hard-coded to use FTD2XX and the FTDI driver DLLs. OpenPort 2.0 is J2534.
totti

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2019, 07:37:05 AM »

Hi!

What could be a problem with my car if I cannot read the flash with max baudrate? Only the lowest speed is working. With other baudrates it fails around 15%. I havent tried the write because of the reading issues.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2019, 08:56:17 AM »

Hi!

What could be a problem with my car if I cannot read the flash with max baudrate? Only the lowest speed is working. With other baudrates it fails around 15%. I havent tried the write because of the reading issues.

You may need a dedicated k-line or pull the cluster fuse. Also try bench reading it if you dont have immo.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2020, 09:27:40 AM »

Im getting a weird problem with reflashing on Write Full vs Diff Write on ME7.1.1 B6S4. IT seems when i do full write it doesnt close out the ECU correctly or something after the reflash is done isnt the same as Diff write. For instance i can do a full flash. "no-start condition" then i diff write the same rom OBD mode nothing different. it says YUP its all the same, closes out and poof car starts again.

Do you guys still make updates to this application or should i just know that DIFF write is what i want to use? If you need logs i can get them if not just at least mention this in the software release notes?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »

Im getting a weird problem with reflashing on Write Full vs Diff Write on ME7.1.1 B6S4. IT seems when i do full write it doesnt close out the ECU correctly or something after the reflash is done isnt the same as Diff write. For instance i can do a full flash. "no-start condition" then i diff write the same rom OBD mode nothing different. it says YUP its all the same, closes out and poof car starts again.

Do you guys still make updates to this application or should i just know that DIFF write is what i want to use? If you need logs i can get them if not just at least mention this in the software release notes?

I believe this is a known issue with st10 flashing, which isn't 100% supported. I don't know that there is an issue for it that is logged in github.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2020, 01:45:25 PM »

I believe this is a known issue with st10 flashing, which isn't 100% supported. I don't know that there is an issue for it that is logged in github.

Program works great otherwise. If logging could be fixed with the right security key like the melogger program and that full write... it would be mint. But i spent countless hours getting visual logger to work finally so, meh.

If you need logs to put something in github let me know. I know now so im happy...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »

Program works great otherwise. If logging could be fixed with the right security key like the melogger program and that full write... it would be mint. But i spent countless hours getting visual logger to work finally so, meh.

If you need logs to put something in github let me know. I know now so im happy...

No, i don't, i need someone to submit pull requests Smiley

Or open an issue anyway.

ECUx Plot

bamofo

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2020, 11:04:26 AM »

No, i don't, i need someone to submit pull requests Smiley

Or open an issue anyway.

Had a more odd outcome on another B6S4 today. I would diff write. it wouldnt start, i would diff write the same file (checked 19 sections with no changes) closed the ecu out and then boom it starts. Weird. Mine doesnt do that. Same ECU same revision code on it.
hunter3899

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2020, 08:53:07 PM »

Possible support for MED9.1 down the line?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2020, 09:04:37 PM »

Possible support for MED9.1 down the line?

Unfortunately, no, very different.

Would be a ton of work and likely totally different app

ECUx Plot

DT

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2020, 01:36:59 PM »

In the past I used EEPROM driver code with MiniMon in boot mode to read/write the EEPROM. The NefMoto software supports reading and writing the EEPROM, but I haven't hooked it up to the user interface for people to use yet.
Quote from me7_95040 eeprom thread.

@nyet, can this code be found and enabled in this open source version?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:38:36 PM by DT » Logged

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2020, 03:39:08 PM »

Quote from me7_95040 eeprom thread.

@nyet, can this code be found and enabled in this open source version?

Yes, it is possible, but requires somebody to go do it.

ECUx Plot

arazvan2002

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »

This software can be used with a generic KKL cable (don't know at this moment which FTDI chip has) or with a Galleto 1260 to flash EDC15P? It has same flash chip as ME7, 29F400BB  and cpu Infineon C167, but I don't know if it uses same communication protocol. My MPPS cable is lent to someone and I don't trust anything else to flash EDC15P, like Galleto 54, or 1260, or Kess.
Thanks.
macxxx

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2021, 11:29:31 PM »

Only me7 it wont flash edc15
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: