Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2002 TT 1.8T (8N Cluster)  (Read 9194 times)
Nam

« on: September 08, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »

Hi all, I am located in Namibia and do have a similar problem. My son bought a 2002 TT 1.8T (8N Cluster) with a damaged engine. After overhauling the engine and starting the vehicle up, we found a lot of features on the cluster not working. Needles to say, nothing available in our lovely country and we sourced a used cluster from South Africa for which we did not receive the pin. We also got hold of a Vag Tacho from abroad and was able to read the pin from the old cluster, but cannot read it from the new/used cluster. This has been going on for about 3 months now and we have no idea what to do!! The local dealer is also out of the question as we have to ship the car over 800 km and no guarantee that it will be sorted. Can any of you please assist? It will be greatly appreciated!!!
Nam

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »

Hi all, I am located in Namibia and do have a cluster pin retrieval problem. My son bought a 2002 TT 1.8T (8N Cluster) with a damaged engine. After overhauling the engine and starting the vehicle up, we found a lot of features on the cluster not working. Needles to say, nothing available in our lovely country and we sourced a used cluster from South Africa for which we did not receive the pin. We also got hold of a Vag Tacho from abroad and was able to read the pin from the old cluster, but cannot read it from the new/used cluster. This has been going on for about 3 months now and we have no idea what to do!! The local dealer is also out of the question as we have to ship the car over 800 km and no guarantee that it will be sorted. Can any of you please assist? It will be greatly appreciated!!!
Nam

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:56:05 PM »

Hi all, I apologise for being slightly of the topic... I am located in Namibia and do have a cluster pin problem. My son bought a 2002 TT 1.8T (8N Cluster) with a damaged engine. After overhauling the engine and starting the vehicle up, we found a lot of features on the cluster not working. Needles to say, nothing available in our lovely country and we sourced a used cluster from South Africa for which we did not receive the pin. We also got hold of a Vag Tacho from abroad and was able to read the pin from the old cluster, but cannot read it from the new/used cluster. This has been going on for about 3 months now and we have no idea what to do!! The local dealer is also out of the question as we have to ship the car over 800 km and no guarantee that it will be sorted. Can any of you please assist? It will be greatly appreciated!!!
aef

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 01:40:42 PM »

Lets start with posting old and new partnumbers.
There was a topic lately and some of the tt 8n clusters are hard to encrypt.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=13059.0title=
aef

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 01:43:40 PM »

dont post same question in different threads!
focalpoint519

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »

look up VAG EEPROM v1.19 Programmer (VAG.exe), (this will allow you to read what you need from the used cluster (on bench or in car) then you can pair it with VCDS
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:41:53 PM by focalpoint519 » Logged
Nam

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 10:00:03 PM »

Thanks for the reply: old damaged cluster - 8N2920880G, replacement (used) cluster - 8N2920930G
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 02:07:38 AM »

You are trying my patience.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
focalpoint519

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »

You are trying my patience.

i dont understand? i was just telling what buddy to do, and it looks like it worked, next time i should tell him someone to read every thread and word? (honestly wondering), or is the problem causesd by suggesting a tool that works easy? i dont see the problem, maybe u can PM me and let me know what im doing wrong next time, i dont mind a ban, i have been ban 4 times over 8 years or so, ill just open a new account and help people even more, and post more valuable time saving stuff, when u see a forum post in reply thanks it worked, it means the information was good so im wondering the problem? spoon feeding is part of freedom of speech, you will not tell me what who i can or cannot help. all u can do is close my account, and i come back and be 10 times more arrogant and share ALOT more
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:27:31 AM by focalpoint519 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 10:18:53 AM »

I'm referring to Nam, not you.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
4ringpieces

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »

vag epprom v1.19 doesnt seem to support magneti marelli dash clusters at all.
So unless the "immo 3" function can read what is needed i don't think the OP got his answer.

OP needs to read mcu with a good tool or 912 programmer, not vagtacho or kcan commander. Then upload file and i can tell the skc.

Nam

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 12:03:57 PM »

Firstly, I am am new to this forum thing and if I made a mistake by posting it wrongly, I do apologise. Not testing your patience buddy.... Secondly, our local internet is extremely slow. We, and most countries in Africa, does not have the luxury that some you guys have with regard to technology. I only want the car fixed and running......
4ringpieces

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 03:40:18 AM »

You have to help yourselves first before others can help you.

As said get a good tool for reading the 912 mcu directly or via databus. Then I can help you until then there is nothing else to add to this thread.

A good data read is required first.
focalpoint519

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »

an ebay SuperVAG wont work for him? i only ever use AVDI or Enigma for this kind of work, so im not sure, but i know its possible to do without soldering wires to MCU. I imagine he wants a solution with zero risk if PCB damage, and for this job will ho OBD style work? does he just not need a SDK/pin? then pair with vcds or am i missing a step?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:11:11 PM by focalpoint519 » Logged
4ringpieces

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 12:30:16 PM »

I have an obd solution Smiley

He needs
the skc from old cluster.
The skc from new cluster.

Retrieving the old cluster pin is easy, if you know the immo system you know the skc is also stored in the engine ecu.

Vagcommander easily reads the me7.5 via obd, so he can obtain the old cluster skc pin that way.

New cluster pin tho is the tricky part as you don't have the matched engine ecu to easily read the skc from, hence why more special tools are required either solder or solderless ways
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: