Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ford PATS System  (Read 4867 times)
dewhite2485

« on: September 21, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »

I know this isnt the normal line of cars for the board, but Im hoping some one can help. Im in the process of doing a drive line swap for a customer, Im putting a 5.0 Coyote with the 6 Speed automatic from a 2014 F150 into a 60 Mercury Park Lane. In the next few weeks I will be doing the wiring and getting it running, but to do that I need to delete the PATS system. I have HP Tuners for Ford but it currently will not disable PATS from everything that I have read. I have found a few places that will delete PATS if you send them your ECU and pay them a pretty large amount of money. The tools I have to work with are a KESS, a K-TAG, HP-Tuners, and a regular universal EEPROM programmer. If anyone on the board has any info or could guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Derek
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »

Take a look at companies that make remote starter accessories. I remember disabling the Ford PATS system wayyy back in the day.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
dewhite2485

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »

Im trying to avoid having to use the instrument cluster, and body control module on this swap if at all possible. From my research I would need both to have the PATS system active to be able to use an external bypass unit. Thanks for the idea thought. 
dewhite2485

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 01:24:58 PM »

I was able to pull the tune file from the Ecu with my K-tag, unfortunately my K-tag is a slave version. I have emailed my tuner to see if A they know how to turn off the PATS or B they will send me an unencrypted  version of the file I pulled. They don't do any Ford tuning that I know of so I don't have much hope for them being able to turn it off for me, but we will see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: