Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Author Topic: 06A906032HN, Implementation of launch-control and NLS  (Read 213720 times)
sn00k

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »

after looking into GPRs a bit more.. i find this one basically should start with a 9... as in 9C0C..(+08h) well i messed that one up for sure, thanks again gremlin  Smiley

lets tinker the new location in there and try to launch! brb.. Grin
..i hope..  Roll Eyes
sn00k

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!

this thing is now shooting fireballs taking off from the parkinglot!  Grin
..and it flatshifts like theres no tomorrow!  Tongue

everything is working as intended..!

..well yeah.. except for the neighbors cat.. which was getting cosy under the car.. he must have snucked in there after my previous run.. it is -10degC outside and the catalysts were probably still warm..
..hopefully no permanent deafness, but i bet hes got a nice ringing in his ears atm.. sorries cat!  Roll Eyes

id love to write a tutorial/guide on how to do this, or perhaps write a small program that can implement the functions after you feed it all needed variables and locations.. and perhaps a guide on how to find the info needed.

i have a ton of notes, utils, dissassembled codes, assembled codes, functions, link-ins etc that i need to go thru to make this tho.. i think ive also found a way to implement setzis original code, which might not be as hard as this mess i managed to compile..  Embarrassed
it is well written and gives the same functions in the end.. but if u have the asm code of the function you can customize it even more if needed, that is what i was after.

thanks setzi for rewriting and improving the original code, i used this one as a base, and thanks gremlin, tony and others who contributed with their knowledge to make this possible, now theres just one thing remaining.. throwing the wot-box out the window..! hehe  Grin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:14:18 PM by sn00k » Logged
masterj

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!

this thing is now shooting fireballs taking off from the parkinglot!  Grin
..and it flatshifts like theres no tomorrow!  Tongue

everything is working as intended..!

..well yeah.. except for the neighbors cat.. which was getting cosy under the car.. he must have snucked in there after my previous run.. it is -10degC outside and the catalysts were probably still warm..
..hopefully no permanent deafness, but i bet hes got a nice ringing in his ears atm.. sorries cat!  Roll Eyes

id love to write a tutorial/guide on how to do this, or perhaps write a small program that can implement the functions after you feed it all needed variables and locations.. and perhaps a guide on how to find the info needed.

i have a ton of notes, utils, dissassembled codes, assembled codes, functions, link-ins etc that i need to go thru to make this tho.. i think ive also found a way to implement setzis original code, which might not be as hard as this mess i managed to compile..  Embarrassed
it is well written and gives the same functions in the end.. but if u have the asm code of the function you can customize it even more if needed, that is what i was after.

thanks setzi for rewriting and improving the original code, i used this one as a base, and thanks gremlin, tony and others who contributed with their knowledge to make this possible, now theres just one thing remaining.. throwing the wot-box out the window..! hehe  Grin

Please do write a full tutorial or small bin patcher or something Smiley I'm also interested in those features on my 1.8t passat Smiley
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:22:05 PM by masterj » Logged

Zac

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

nicely done!
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 04:45:05 PM »

Congrats on over coming the technical challenge! Grin

I'll send you a free NefMoto premium feature license if you take the time to post info for other people on how you implemented the launch-control and NLS in your ECU. Wink

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
kenmac

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »

Sounds wonderful!  I really want this on my 1.8T.  A writeup to help me along would be sweet. Smiley
sn00k

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 11:53:03 PM »

been writing and summarizing this for about 4h now.. its coming soon just need some illustrations.. and somehow to present it as it is ALOT of text.. still very much cleaned up from the original notes.. 

Tony, how much text can i force into one post? and how many files can i attach? Grin
(need to attach lots of small snippets of code, and some screenshots, nothing big)
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 02:36:30 AM »

been writing and summarizing this for about 4h now.. its coming soon just need some illustrations.. and somehow to present it as it is ALOT of text.. still very much cleaned up from the original notes.. 

Tony, how much text can i force into one post? and how many files can i attach? Grin
(need to attach lots of small snippets of code, and some screenshots, nothing big)

Well done mate!

You should post your write-up in the Wiki.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »

You can post on the forum or on the wiki. The forum will accept 16 separate 16meg attachments if I recall. If it works better as a single document, you could create it as a MS Word doco or PDF.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
sn00k

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »

ive sent a PM to setzi asking him if it is ok to share his function and dissecting it in public.. lets hope for a positive answer, as his function is "clean" and position independent.. whilst mine uses coding language that of a 3 year old  Grin

i also need to summarize things into a pdf so it is more presentable.

now this launch is VERY agressive, and cuts the spark instantaneously when rpms rise over a given rpm.. but if i floor the pedal.. the rpms will bounce a bit, and the explosions in the exhaust is.. ALARMING.. the boost is allover the place.. and HIGH..
if i let go a little bit on the throttle, about 30%, then it is VERY smooth and builds a very stable boost at a stable RPM, and THIS is what i am after..

..and so ive thought about combining this spark-cut with a fuel-cut.. and perhaps set the fuel-cut about 25 rpms over this spark cut.. to make it kill the fuel supply and keep the explosions sane.. under controll..
any thoughts on this? how would i set this up to get a nice stable rpm whilst still building boost?
(or.. emulate the lesser pressed throttle situation.. while still having the throttle wide open)

also i find myself having to remove the EDL since this one is hammering away like crazy at the brakes when taking off from a standstill  Grin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:47:52 PM by sn00k » Logged
ArgDub

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 03:19:18 AM »

Awesome work sn00k!  Grin

I think a mild launch control can be implemented combining spark-cut with fuel-cut like you said, but I think we have to cut fuel based on boost, not rpm. Something like, if launch control is active and boost is greater than some limit then cut fuel injection, what do you think?
professor

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 04:29:03 AM »

Thats awesome sn00k you made it Smiley

Cant wait to read the way you did it!

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
sn00k

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »

thanks!  Smiley
hmm.. that is actually a VERY good idea you have there argdub, this would make the launch boost fully
programmable.. it would still be very agressive and exploding the boost up there, but once it reaches your set boost it should stabilize.. i like the idea..  Grin

IF (tsrldyn == 0  && BoostPressureActual > "Programmable Boost value")
{
Also cut fuel(hmm.. how would we cut the fuel.. in the same way the soft launch does for fuel-cut 50rpm over revlimit?)
}

im thinking i would also want a fuel-cut about 50 rpm over the spark-cut, to better stabilize the rpms.. but that is just an idea i have.
ill look into it.. alltho my asm skills are terribly bad.. you would want setzi to add this to his original v2 function.. =)

as it is right now i am building 1.2 bar boost at 3000rpm pretty much instantaneously, and this is enough power to launch with all 4 tires spinning on tarmac.. alltho the car is pretty much stock.. using audi s3 clutch.. and its -5 degC outside, im sure everything is slipping Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:32:57 AM by sn00k » Logged
sn00k

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »

Added function to simulate the lower throttle situation..
now the launch can be adjusted from smooth to agressive.. and IF it overrevs due to too much boost, then fuel is cut 50rpm over the launch-RPM.. this works great and keeps everything under control.

the more agressive it is set, the more boost it builds, but at the same time it puts enormous pressures/stress into the turbo and exhaust..

currently im running spark-cut at 3930rpm, and the throttle is set to keep the rpms to 4000, while the fuel is cut at 4050 if the explosions make it over-rev.. this yields a fairly agressive yet smooth launch-control, and it still builds 1.2bar boost in no-time.

now all that remains is to make launch-boost adjustable.. for those situations when launching from max-boost kills thingys in the driveline..  Grin
..perhaps by cutting the fuel when actual boost is higher then set boost.. hmm..

this would be usefull in fwd cars.. if launching in 2nd gear at say 4000rpm and 0.5bar boost and keeping things there untill it reaches say 50km/h, where the launch dissengages and lets the full power to the ground.. but im thinking the motronic will interfere with this since actual boost will be lower then requested.. but this shouldnt be a problem to tune.
createddeleted

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 11:01:51 PM »

Added function to simulate the lower throttle situation.. ....

Everytime I check this thread its getting better and better. Cant wait to figure out how to do this  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: