Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4Z7907551R Flashing and OBD2 Inspections  (Read 6987 times)
Foti

« on: February 12, 2018, 09:32:31 PM »

2005 Audi Allroad with BEL. Originally the car came with a 4Z7907551T ECU. My friend flashed with a 4Z7907551R file that seemed to be exactly what I wanted. However, the inspection machine cannot connect to the ECU. VCDS connects fine, Nefmoto has no issue, and wiring checks out OK. To get back to a baseline, I flashed the R file from NYET's site which appears to be the same one floating around here. I used Nefmoto v1.9.3.2 with VCDS cable in dumb mode. This file is not turning on the CEL with catalyst efficiency codes present. I don't have much confidence this file will work either.

Through some searching, I found an .ORI file. When I do a compare between the R.bin and R.ori with TunerPro defined items, I get:

CWVSV                        00      01
CW_NOROMCHKRESET     00      55
AUSC_A_UM                 16      05
DTPATS                       32       14

Anyone have any experience with this file and OBD2 inspections?

Thanks.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:57:23 PM »

I don't know of any specific OBD2 problems with R or T ... either file should work fine.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:52:26 PM »

My friend flashed with a 4Z7907551R file that seemed to be exactly what I wanted.

Post the file. That way someone may have a chance to help you...

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:31 AM »

Post the file. That way someone may have a chance to help you...

Well he did say the stock R file did not work :/

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 07:24:19 AM »

here in ny its getting to the point that crossflashing files flags for incorrect data. using the orig software version and setting to not supported isnt yet a issue.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 12:29:09 PM »

here in ny its getting to the point that crossflashing files flags for incorrect data. using the orig software version and setting to not supported isnt yet a issue.

Interesting. What if you change the software version strings? What is the obd scanner checking?

ECUx Plot

Foti

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »

Calibration read from ECU that inspection machine could not communicate with.
Foti

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »

File currently in car that check engine light isn't on with cat efficiency codes.
Foti

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 08:28:21 PM »

Possible original I found.
Foti

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »

According to 2 different shops, the inspection computer could not communicate with the car. I would expect a fail if swapping files was not OK. My suspicion is that something was modified in the code that is preventing the response expected. My 01 TT has a box from an 04 golf with different code and passed last year no problem (I don't recall exact numbers off hand). This is the newest car I've messed with though.

Unfortunately, I did not read the original file before it was flashed. I did find a supposed T file online but had the "Programming not complete" issue. From reading, it sounds like a simple fix. The R file I flashed did not have that issue.

I'd love to record the bus while an inspection is going on. This wiki is pretty good about OBD requirements: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs . I feel like Mode09 (vehicle id) is not used as I have had no issues previously with swapped ECUs passing. Maybe it depends on the year of the vehicle or something I'm missing. Ultimately I hope it is that the file was modified in a way that removed one of the necessary modes.

Thanks for the help so far. I'll keep plugging away and am up for any suggestions.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 09:27:12 PM »

I should note that the 4Z R file is a bit odd. The stock R has checksum errors, for some reason that nobody knows.

"Real" ori:
http://files.s4wiki.com/stock/4Z7907551R.bin

corrected ori:
http://files.s4wiki.com/stock/4Z7907551R-ols-corrected.bin

The "ori" you posted is completely different from either for some reason and is definitely not an ORI

Code:
Step #1: Reading ROM info ..
 Searching for EPK signature...OK
 Searching for ECUID table...OK
 EPK         : '43/1/ME7.1.1/5/6011.02//A25an/Dst5A/150502/'
 Part Number : '4Z7907551R  '
 Engine ID   : 'U25AN34.hex LEV'
 SW Version  : '    '
 HW Number   : '??????????'
 SW Number   : '??????????'

Proper ori:

Code:
Step #1: Reading ROM info ..
 Searching for EPK signature...OK
 Searching for ECUID table...OK
 EPK         : '42/1/ME7.1.1/5/6030.03//25A/DstU2o/200602//'
 Part Number : '4Z7907551R  '
 Engine ID   : '2.7L V6/5VT    '
 SW Version  : '0003'
 HW Number   : '0261207769'
 SW Number   : '1037366370'

ECUx Plot

vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 10:13:57 PM »

The ori with U25AN in it was exported from an OEM calibration not released within an A2L (I believe). I've seen a tuner or two use these on their flashed files. Definitely remember having issues with this one. Daz warned once not to use this version on a street car (fuzzy).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:15:51 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
junior

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2021, 02:34:59 PM »

I just ran into this same problem. 2005 Allroad BEL with 551T ECU, had an R file on it. Swear this went through inspection before just fine. Tried now and NYVIP machine says voltage detected but no communication. VCDS and every other tool connect fine. Tested K line, no issues. Swapped in a bone stock 551S ECU I had, same issue. Thought that maybe something else on the K line was confusing it, so I pulled the radio and ESP modules, no help. Finally pulled the K line pin at the ECU and jumped it to the NYVIP dongle. It finally communicated but reported incorrect emissions equipment with the stock 551S ECU. Then I found this post, flashed a stock 551T ori on the box, and sure enough car communicated just fine and went through with no pin jumping.

I have no idea what is going on here but thought I would share my experience in case someone else is having the issue.

None of these ECUs are immo off, all correctly matched to the car, and report the correct VIN. No emissions tune out on them either, just a mild tune on the 551R file that was on it when this all started. No codes either.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: