Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Compare flash bytes with bin file ?  (Read 29488 times)
prj

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2018, 02:47:23 AM »

Yeah, it's BS.
Those checks are already in place in Germany and some other countries. But of course the french always think they are first  Roll Eyes

It's a CVN check plain and simple. EOBD is the way it is done and will always be done.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
marcjero

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 05:48:48 AM »

I agree with you it's probably bs. I was thinking about a checksum based check from the beginning but he said it was a real byte check. So I wanted to know what are the real capabilities for deep ecus analysis.
Looks like they are close to 0. And knowing that this cvn based inspection is already live in Germany is a good proof of that. France I think is a leader in the dpf removal game because there are a lot of diesel cars here. As you said it's a large business for tuners. Informations leaks can be also wrongly alarming in order to discourage customers.
Interesting to know how you actually manage the cvn check in Germany for instance. Are there tools for that ?

prj

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 05:53:37 AM »

I already wrote exactly how to do it. What else do you want to know? Smiley

Log your car properly.
marcjero

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2018, 06:04:52 AM »

Yeah I know... The explanation is clear but did you actually implement it ? I guess it's possible to build a generic cvn patching tool.
prj

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2018, 09:49:48 AM »

What kind of question is that? Explaining how to do it takes longer than actually doing it.

Generic CVN patching tool? Good luck with that. Maybe on one or two ECU families make-specific.

Log your car properly.
marcjero

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 01:38:56 PM »

What kind of question is that? Explaining how to do it takes longer than actually doing it.

Generic CVN patching tool? Good luck with that. Maybe on one or two ECU families make-specific.

Looks like you dislike french people.  Undecided
I want details because my ecu is not exactly a ME 7. It's a MEG 1.1 used in some Smart cars (<2006). MEG is quite similar to ME7 ecus (AFAIK) 'G' stands for the integrated gearbox management.
I don't know if this ecu supports CVN. I suppose that I need to find and disassemble the OBD mode 9 functions right ? Where would you start from ?
woj

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 01:58:20 PM »

The easiest? Get your hands on any ELM327, can be the cheapest cloned stuff from anywhere and use a terminal program (either on Android if it's Bluetooth or putty if on PC/USB) and talk to your ECU. Connect and then 09 00 to get supported requests for PID 09 and try the supported ones to see. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs
marcjero

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »

Thank you !
prj

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »

Looks like you dislike french people.  Undecided
I dislike stupidity and ignorance. Whether french or any other is irrelevant.
You start posting about stuff you don't have a good understanding of, you get people from the industry telling you how it actually works, you disregard that.
When you finally realize how it works, your first reaction is "ooh I am sure someone will make me a tool".

Get a damos for your ECU or similar ECU, find the CVN variables, disassemble file, find the access and you will find mode 9 request.
Simply load them from flash instead of loading from memory, and put the correct values into the flash which you queried before in mode 9 with any EOBD tool.
After that flash tuned file and do what you want because CVN returned will be always from what you make it return.

If you can't do it, pay someone to do it for you. It will have to be done on a per-file or at least per-ecu-type basis.

Log your car properly.
marcjero

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2018, 06:53:34 PM »

I never asked you for a tool.  I never ask to work for free. If my ecu is supporting CVN and if I need patching I will make a tool and will share it. I don't see anything wrong in looking around for existing free or open source tools that could help.

I asked for informations. And yes I was (and still is) ignorant about the way these ecus are working. This is the reason I started this thread. Because what I was hearing (from a respected professional) was sounding a bit strange.

Get a damos for your ECU or similar ECU, find the CVN variables, disassemble file, find the access and you will find mode 9 request.
Simply load them from flash instead of loading from memory, and put the correct values into the flash which you queried before in mode 9 with any EOBD tool.
After that flash tuned file and do what you want because CVN returned will be always from what you make it return.
If you can't do it, pay someone to do it for you. It will have to be done on a per-file or at least per-ecu-type basis.
Thank you for this methology. I got a MEG damos file from the forum, I will look at it. Yes I think I can do it.

TBH problem is not about money but about trust. You are rude with me and I never talk to anyone the way you do.
But of course the french always think they are first  Roll Eyes

I probably hurt you in some way. I apologize for that. My assumptions were based on a BS.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:55:37 PM by marcjero » Logged
ko4you

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 03:30:20 AM »

does anyone got some new info about it?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: