Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lean Burn  (Read 17423 times)
rajivc666

« on: January 17, 2012, 09:20:14 AM »

I was trying to make a tune which will run leaner than stoic at about less than 65% load and lower than 3000 rpm. Along with LAMFA ,KFLBTS,KFFDLBTS( ZEROED out as required) also modified map LAMLGMTM (lambda limit lean) . But from the diagram on page 729 of 1327 of english funktionsrahmen module it looks like me7.x is coded not to exceed lambda 1. Looks like a job for reverse engineers. Whatever I do the car wont run leaner than stoic. Is there any way around or do i have to modify some other maps?.
Thanks
rajivc666

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »

Looks like I have to modify LASOAB (lambda for catalyst protection) and may be many  more maps I will update as an when I   find out. I dont have a running car as it was the victim of my tuning so have to wait for the weekends to try out my maps on my brothers car  Grin
phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:06:17 AM »

It is not really practical without  custom code. Lambda will follow the richest input so they all would have to be lean. Also, there are hardcoded default values of Lambda 1, so all of the condition bits would have to be set. Also the lean limit would obviously have to be raised

Possible maybe, practical no.
Rick

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »

easy, disable closed loop, tune fuel maps.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »

What is the easiest way to disable closed loop?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »

easy, disable closed loop, tune fuel maps.

This doesn't make sense to me.

It isn't correction thats the problem. The problem is you cannot target lambda > 1.
julex

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 04:05:36 PM »

there is a 2d map that maps o2 voltage to lambda which is then used my ME. Needlessly to say shifting axis will give you what you want. Just keep in mind that these narrowband o2s are quickly outside of measurable range once pushed out more than 0.1 lambda or even less.

Don't ask about the map name, I don't know. I saw it though in RS4 winols definition file when I was looking for other stuff.
phila_dot

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »

there is a 2d map that maps o2 voltage to lambda which is then used my ME. Needlessly to say shifting axis will give you what you want. Just keep in mind that these narrowband o2s are quickly outside of measurable range once pushed out more than 0.1 lambda or even less.

Don't ask about the map name, I don't know. I saw it though in RS4 winols definition file when I was looking for other stuff.

It's LALIUS.

No offense, but that sounds like a terrible idea IMHO. Also, that would require closed loop operation.
sn00k

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »

LALIUS - Lambdalinearisierung, LSU-Sonde vor Katalysator (22x1)

well, you could shift this axis.. but you would have to tune lots of maps to get everything working as intended again..
ie enrich everywhere.. so later when later you request afr 14.7, you really get ie afr 15.5.

its a good map to have tho, i added it a few days back to my own definitions file.
i was looking into using e85 for a tune, and you can save some fuel if you run this pretty lean and add timing.
phila_dot

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »

LALIUS - Lambdalinearisierung, LSU-Sonde vor Katalysator (22x1)

10x1 in ME7.1 (narrowband)
rajivc666

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »

Thanks LALIUS is a nice map to have  Grin. My guess is that modifying it will lower the fuel trims which in turn will lean the AFR. But would be nice to remove the restriction  in the code itself, will have a look at it but with my current skills it is going to take time. But why is bosch so adamant on lambda, is it to protect the catcon or does it have some other repercussions.   I remember reading an article which said higher EGT is not the problem with leaner AFR as further it gets from stoic the EGT trails off quickly, But the excess oxygen with high temperature of combustion tend to oxydize or burn the aluminium Pistons, Dont know about forged pistons thou.
Giannis

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 10:57:58 AM »

How lean are you planning to go? There is a map called lambda for start and after start or something i don't have my laptop at the moment. It has 2 temperature axis and is 12x12 i think. One time i was playing with it i managed to request lambda less than 1.00.
phila_dot

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »

How lean are you planning to go? There is a map called lambda for start and after start or something i don't have my laptop at the moment. It has 2 temperature axis and is 12x12 i think. One time i was playing with it i managed to request lambda less than 1.00.

Lambda < 1 = enrichment
Rick

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »

This doesn't make sense to me.

It isn't correction thats the problem. The problem is you cannot target lambda > 1.

I think it makes perfect sense, think about what you are trying to achieve, and where you are trying to achieve.  I've a number of cars running this setup and there are measurable gains in economy to be had.  I wouldn't touch lambda sensor calibration though!

Rick
phila_dot

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »

I think it makes perfect sense, think about what you are trying to achieve, and where you are trying to achieve.  I've a number of cars running this setup and there are measurable gains in economy to be had.  I wouldn't touch lambda sensor calibration though!

Rick

How do you get Lamdba > 1 by disabling closed loop?

Target AFR will still be <= 1.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: