Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bosch MED 9.1.1 Audi S5  (Read 7929 times)
Zingrox

« on: April 03, 2018, 03:58:11 PM »

Hello, I have the eeprom file from the MED 9.1.1 ECU from an audi s5 4.2L. I cannot figure out what fields I need to change to disable or virginize the immo. If anyone has some information or leads, please help me out.

I retrieved the file using a Ktag unit, though those don't seem too popular around here.

Attached below is the file

Thanks for any info!
-Zing
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:40:35 AM »

Wink
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:49:41 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Zingrox

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »

My ktag is currently out of order, because it connected to the internet  Cry

It will be a little before I can retrieve the other 2 files for anyone
Zingrox

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »

Wink

Marty did you actually do it? Because if you did you're an absolute wizard
Zingrox

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 10:01:41 AM »

Hello everyone, I am here again. Was gone for a while taking a break from this stuff and doing some mechanical work, but now that thats almost finished up ive begun this again. Unfortunately for me, the immobilizer is still a real problem, and when scanned will give me a "02241 - Engine Control Module; Immobilizer Data not Adapted" basically saying the immobilizer doesnt like where it is. So I'm back to square one
Zingrox

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 10:10:17 AM »

For anyone looking for all 3 files, they are now here

I think thats all of them, but I'm slightly confused in regard to "test1" if it is my third file or not. When opened in a hex reader, it seems to be the same as micro mpc. Let me know if im an idiot and posted the same two files, even though they're different sizes. Thanks everyone
elektronik13

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »

For anyone looking for all 3 files, they are now here

I think thats all of them, but I'm slightly confused in regard to "test1" if it is my third file or not. When opened in a hex reader, it seems to be the same as micro mpc. Let me know if im an idiot and posted the same two files, even though they're different sizes. Thanks everyone
test immo off
if all is ok press buttons
Zingrox

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »

The immobilizer will have to be virginized to work, according to a few companies and audi master guild members. All of the electronics are module based and when any error occurs with will place a fault that cannot be cleared. When the fault is there, it cuts connection to that module. This includes everything from window regulators to the TCU, which is an issue for me. I found someone who might be able to help me. Thanks everyone who tried to get this to work with me! Youre all great, thank you again for your help
prj

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 04:50:42 AM »

The immobilizer will have to be virginized to work, according to a few companies and audi master guild members. All of the electronics are module based and when any error occurs with will place a fault that cannot be cleared. When the fault is there, it cuts connection to that module. This includes everything from window regulators to the TCU, which is an issue for me. I found someone who might be able to help me. Thanks everyone who tried to get this to work with me! Youre all great, thank you again for your help

You have no idea what you are talking about. What a load of drivel.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Zingrox

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 02:36:20 PM »

You have no idea what you are talking about. What a load of drivel.

Do tell me otherwise then, since i'm sure you know more than these intelligent, successful people who own their own respective businesses dealing with this stuff and know many others in the same line of work as well. With all of this. Specifically. But you know otherwise, so do share. Yeah sure, you can clear normal engine codes and such, but it will not establish connection to a module it has a fault with. I'm viewing this myself in many different ways, and those who have done manual swaps have had to deal with it as well.
k0mpresd

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »

immo off on med9.1.1 works just fine, if done properly.
prj

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 11:22:47 PM »

Do tell me otherwise then, since i'm sure you know more than these intelligent, successful people who own their own respective businesses dealing with this stuff and know many others in the same line of work as well. With all of this. Specifically. But you know otherwise, so do share. Yeah sure, you can clear normal engine codes and such, but it will not establish connection to a module it has a fault with. I'm viewing this myself in many different ways, and those who have done manual swaps have had to deal with it as well.

More drivel.
You don't even understand the difference between ECU immo and BCM key coding. Stop wasting everyone's time and pay someone to sort your car.

Log your car properly.
volvofan

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 01:52:46 PM »

All-
Brand new to the forum.  Not new to cars or electronics, although I haven't done much with ECUs.  More of a mechanical guy vs. electrical, but not so dumb as to look at PCBs like a hog looking at a wristwatch.  Not scared to try anything that comes with a pretty good set of instructions.

I have a 2011 Audi S5 with an automatic transmission.  ECU 8T0 907 560 AD.  The car has an APR Stage III supercharger, so is tuned accordingly.  

All of a sudden, something isn't running right.  Misfiring on one bank of cylinders only.  I've swapped virtually EVERY non-internal mechanical component and sensor that applies to only one bank of cylinders (cam sensors/valves, O2 sensors, plugs, coils, injectors, etc) but to no avail.  I am testing the wiring harness itself and am almost at the point of throwing a scope on the injector and coil ECU outputs to see if there is a detectable problem.  I've opened the ECU and see no obvious signs of damage (i.e. burned components).  Quickly approaching a point where I am going to try an ECU replacement to see if that fixes things.  So here we are:

1)  If I buy a used ECU, I have to have the dealer code it ($$) and then have an APR tuner re-flash it ($$$) and if it still doesn't fix the problem, then it's all money down the drain.  
2)  If I buy a used ECU and am somehow able to "clone" the memory of the current ECU over into the new one (assuming that the memory itself isn't what's bad on the current ECU, that it's more likely some driver circuit for the injectors or coils) then will the rest of my car not know the difference between the two?
3)  If so, can someone describe the procedure for doing so?  I am okay with either getting hardware necessary to read and re-flash components on a PCB, or (probably easier) de-soldering the memory chip (or chips?) from the existing ECU and moving them to the new one.  

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you might be able to provide, and for putting up with my noob-ness.  

-Jon
prj

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »

Buy used ECU, clone current ECU data into new ECU using BDM.
Most likely the ECU is not the problem.

Log your car properly.
volvofan

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »

Buy used ECU, clone current ECU data into new ECU using BDM.
Most likely the ECU is not the problem.

Thanks for the reply!  I am definitely going to try a couple more fixes before cracking into the ECU (have heard that a faulty motor mount can cause misfires).  IF it turns out to be the ECU, and IF the problem with my ECU relates to some internal component besides the memory, then will cloning in the manner you describe move ALL the necessary data over, or only pull the data in the main processor’s onboard memory?  I ask because if other data (like immobilizer data) is stored on a different chip elsewhere on the ECU, I wonder if I will be out of luck?  Or is that the jist of the whole “immo off” setting everyone’s talking about?

In other words, in the sequence...
1) read existing ecu data
2) modify data to disable immobilizer
3) write data into new ecu
...is 2 really necessary?

Thanks again, learning fast!

-Jon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: