Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Noob, Tuning project, VW 2004 R32  (Read 8285 times)
vwdubNam

« on: May 16, 2018, 12:10:40 AM »

Hi Nefmoto community

Background:
I have a 2004 vw golf mk4 R32 4 door, my end idea is to turbo the car(DIY), but also to expand my car tuning knowledge and self learn ecu tuning(for myself). Reason being im in africa, namibia, and tuning oem ecu seems to be a myth and taboo. So without tuning shops readily in my area, i will take the long route and learn step by step.

Tuning Question:
As a first "tune" attempt. i wanted to do a CAT delete map. Like conor's flame shooting R32. my car is n/a, and i was hoping to start off with something very simple and easy.
so basically according to s4wiki- I'm assuming once the ecu has no Lamda reading it will run the car in the open loop "Map". using LAMFAW,LAMFAWKR, LAMBTS. which im assuming is only if i completely remove the lamda.
but am i in the right area? any pointers as to go about this type of mod?
or any other easy ecu flashes for a noob?

ECU:
22 906 032 cp
benzin me7.1.1
bosch 0261207885
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:29:06 AM »

I'm assuming once the ecu has no Lamda reading it will run the car in the open loop "Map". using LAMFAW,LAMFAWKR, LAMBTS. which im assuming is only if i completely remove the lamda.

None of this make sense. What does that have to do with cat delete?

And why on earth would you want to "remove the lambda"?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwdubNam

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:06:28 AM »

None of this make sense. What does that have to do with cat delete?

And why on earth would you want to "remove the lambda"?

the point of this post is a cry of help.
for example: yes, you are in the right area,
                   no, go read up about blue water, with reference to what ever.

because there is so much info, but not real reference to what i could do with the definitions, so if i could find info like say for n/a tune, look at timing, fueling for example.

i hope you get me
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 05:13:50 AM »

You need to delete catalyst diagnostics to delete the cat without a check engine light. Code word for that is CDKAT. If you want to have your car shoot flames you need to have custom code patch

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vwdubNam

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 06:26:08 AM »

You need to delete catalyst diagnostics to delete the cat without a check engine light. Code word for that is CDKAT. If you want to have your car shoot flames you need to have custom code patch

Thanks marty. ill take it with baby steps. ill start with CDKAT delete. I found the bosch Motronic me 7.1 pdf on the forum, containing some flow diagrams and text. i'll read that.
the evap valve can it just be blocked off? from the charcoal canister or do i need special piping and a breather system?
eliotroyano

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 12:12:26 PM »

Get a spare ECU, clone it and you will avoid many troubles in future, during your learning tasks.
vwdubNam

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 11:08:24 PM »

Get a spare ECU, clone it and you will avoid many troubles in future, during your learning tasks.
i have the only mk4 r32 thats running in the country. where do you suggest i get one?
adam-

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 11:24:21 PM »

eBay?  Shipping exists for this exact reason.
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 02:42:35 AM »

Regular 24v ecus are the same as the mk4 r32 so you can save some loot that way

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vwdubNam

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 05:31:55 AM »

Regular 24v ecus are the same as the mk4 r32 so you can save some loot that way
thanks 1024kb ecu?
_nameless

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »

I'm traveling about to get on my plain. When I get home I'll upload a few files for you I have a complete damos for your ecu

vwdubNam

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »

I'm traveling about to get on my plain. When I get home I'll upload a few files for you I have a complete damos for your ecu
Thanks marty, i want am considering to register for tunerpro software, im not too sure how and which winols is currently available to compare it to the registered version of tunerpro. any Guides? which would be the best for my noob tuning to get started.
thanks again for your post replies and interest in my post
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »

Adding turbo to a non-turbo OEM ecu is a lot more work that your average DIY person is capable of.

And tuning a non-turbo ecu is mostly a waste of time, unless you are literally only interested in the ins and outs of flashing and modifying files.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwdubNam

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50:12 PM »

Adding turbo to a non-turbo OEM ecu is a lot more work that your average DIY person is capable of.

And tuning a non-turbo ecu is mostly a waste of time, unless you are literally only interested in the ins and outs of flashing and modifying files.

Thanks for the wise words,
its a journey i want to embark upon to learn, the main idea is to learn. like i mentioned, tuning in my country is alot of thumb sucking and guess work.
i understand that tuning an NA car for Turbo is no DIY. I prepared to read and understand what im doing before im doing. so i even enrolled at HPAcemdy for an online course for the fundamentals for EFI Tuning.
I joined the NFmoto, vwvortex,vwclub(southafrica) forums.
I have linked up with whatsap, with two awesome turners from my neighboring country, who have tuned me.7.1 ecus and also had success with 3.2 turbo build.
i spend some time researching turbo kits and seeing what they do to make it possible. not knowing the file, but they all use an standard me7.1.1 ecu from the car for their kits. HPA, Unitronic, Aprtuning, Bluewater motorsports. so this all gives me hope.

infact i bought a map pack for 0.5bar and 550cc injectors, as a starting point. but the learning curve is to get started as to what im looking at and where i must tweak if i run rich, or lean. Or have faulty setup.

i am willing to learn, i am going to take a humble approach with a determined heart. if i dont succeed, ill unplug the ecu and send it to unitronic's
but lets first learn
Mikhail

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 02:20:58 AM »

I have too put a turbo to 3.2 and would say that a small boost you can get it driveable just ignition and lambda adjusts - it may not be such shape that you can sell it but should get smile your face. I have now had 3 years 3.2 with turbo and still tune is not good, it can be driven and is quite fast (3.3sec 0-100kmh) but part throttle is jumpy. There is also great risk to break something so you should have some else daily transportation and plan that what to do when your golf needs a new engine.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: