Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: MED17.5 Passat B6 2010 DSG7  (Read 19049 times)
mister t

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 10:56:35 PM »

blah blah blah, since when is this forum supposed to be a place for those who know to teach from scratch those who don't, for free and during time off or worse even, whilst in the middle of doing their professional activity, be it tuning or something else? Or am I missing something here?

Lol, Jesus Christ buddy, slow your roll...

And yes, that is PRECISELY what this forum is for. Members like PRJ and others in the know are the ones who MAKE this place with their gracious assistance.

Since you like to hear yourself talk, I'll ask you, what do you think this forum is supposed to be about?

If you don't like the idea behind this forum, then go hang out at MHH Auto where you can do all your little secret back-room handshakes to your hearts content.  Roll Eyes

mister t

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2018, 11:06:01 PM »

one more thing: you claimed that you can find online "guides" on how to "tune" ME7/MED9 but not MED17. If you had UNDERSTOOD at least ONE bit of how ME7 works, instead of blindly reapplying someone else's logic (which might be flawed), then you might finally start to realize how STUPID what you've written sounds. MED17 uses the same base logic as ME7/MED9, but with a few extra bells and whistles.

OK, first of all, i have no idea where you ever heard me say that I found guides online to tune ME7 and MED9

Second, I understand ME7 pretty damn well, and I've gotten pretty damn good at tuning with it for your information...

Same goes for MED9 (just made a kick ass 4.2 V8 RS4 file) and MED17, and not sure where you get off saying f you had UNDERSTOOD at least ONE bit of how ME7 works, instead of blindly reapplying someone else's logic

Every tune I've sold to someone, I've made 100% myself. I taught myself how to tune by making well over 500 file revisions on my 2 s4's and analyzing Gigabytes worth of data to see what works and what doesn't.
prj

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 12:05:13 AM »

OK, first of all, i have no idea where you ever heard me say that I found guides online to tune ME7 and MED9

Second, I understand ME7 pretty damn well, and I've gotten pretty damn good at tuning with it for your information...

Same goes for MED9 (just made a kick ass 4.2 V8 RS4 file) and MED17, and not sure where you get off saying f you had UNDERSTOOD at least ONE bit of how ME7 works, instead of blindly reapplying someone else's logic

Every tune I've sold to someone, I've made 100% myself. I taught myself how to tune by making well over 500 file revisions on my 2 s4's and analyzing Gigabytes worth of data to see what works and what doesn't.

Way to reply to something that was not even aimed at you.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Nikifan

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 06:24:35 AM »

Guys,
lets back to the issue of the topic.
I see only the way to make it step by step. Before I will find a way how to increase trq limit - I cannot work on the timings and all other parametres as there is all going crazy when torque intervention occurs.
So the idea first of all find how to overcome trq limit - then polish the bin file to achieve best result.

I'm digging in FR for the whole day to find torque limit related parametres;
I found:
ENGTRQPTD - calculation of torque to be given; interesting, but MoX_trqNorm_C = 460nm - so seems no limits here.
GBXECU_INTV - seems to be interventions when TCU found torque too high. But in my case I can see that torque is limited by ECU, because in logs no one message from TCU about intervention at high load.
MDASG - rely on MDIMX (99%) at the end as I see
MDASGPH - seems all to be very high values and cannot limit in my case.
TRA_PRT - transimission protection, seems not to be a limit; all values as Tra_dtrqCANErr_C are very high.
TRA_TRQINC - torque increasing interventions
MDBGRMOT - specific limitations due to some failures (rail press, EGR, EGT) - not related to the general TRQ limit
TRQ_MAX = 1000nm
Many maps linked with Com_trqMaxNorm_C - which I cannot find in my BIN, in DAMOS the value is 400.
Com_trqENG5MuxInfo0_C was 250 - set 400, no changes for my problem.
MOFTRQPTD; interesting values, but I cannot find them in my bin... this place looks so different from damos.

Moreover, as I see in FR - when the ECU calculates needed load/torque (mimax_w) it use many limiting values - if any of this value will be a limit - ECU simply will not request so high load.
In my case ECU do request high loads which is in LDRXN maps, but once the engine achieve them - some limiter reached and cut torque very hard.
So i see as a consequence - that the limit I have to find is not used at all during load calculations

Gurus, any suggestions? Am I right concerning the parameters above?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:19:31 AM by Nikifan » Logged
prj

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 07:46:29 AM »

It's the gearbox, I already told you.

Log your car properly.
Nikifan

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 07:52:19 AM »

It's the gearbox, I already told you.
Hm, I just rely on several cases when people do not touch the TCU at all at the same engine and dq200 and have no torque limit problems; they achieve around 300nm at dynotests without TCU tuning.
It means they switch off the GBX intervention maps in ECU?

Moreover, in attachment one more version of DQ200 tuning - could you please check whether the limit are risen there or not?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:54:57 AM by Nikifan » Logged
prj

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 08:08:21 AM »

No I am not gonna check every binary file you upload.
If you want me to make you a file with the limits removed, you can pay me to do it. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Maybe someone is more generous, I am not.

Log your car properly.
Nikifan

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 08:12:28 AM »

No I am not gonna check every binary file you upload.
If you want me to make you a file with the limits removed, you can pay me to do it. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Maybe someone is more generous, I am not.
Ok, but then why in measurements, group 122 if I remember right - we have GBX intervention status window and when I go at WOT - there is written no intervention?
prj

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »

Because there is different type of intervention, and you are only logging fast active intervention.

Log your car properly.
Nikifan

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2018, 09:44:49 AM »

Because there is different type of intervention, and you are only logging fast active intervention.
Just for my understanding;
When ECU reach 250+nm and immediately reduce load via angles, throttle and then pressure - it is not fast active intervention?
And there is no way to log all types of intervention?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:48:15 AM by Nikifan » Logged
prj

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2018, 09:57:38 AM »

Learn how torque control works on all ECU's from ME7 on and you will have the answer to your question.

Log your car properly.
mister t

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2018, 11:39:05 AM »

Way to reply to something that was not even aimed at you.

Well when someone quotes you in the previous post and sends a subsequent post beginning: "and one more thing"... you MIIIGHT be able to see why I thought he was talking to me.

Anyway, neither here nor there. Thanks for helping the kid out though *thumbup*

mister t

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2018, 11:43:05 AM »

PRJ, what might be helpful to us all is if you could give us a brief description of the types of torque intervention, though what modules are they occurring and a brief idea of where to look and what to change.

Doesn't have to be a treatise, but it would at least keep this thread alive and informative for others looking through it.
woj

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 12:11:01 PM »

I wonder how many of you (I bet prj did, and not one time Wink) read this:

http://nyet.org/cars/info/ME7sw.pdf

It's even on nyet's site now, when I first searched for ME information I found it elsewhere. Was never an easy read on the first couple of attempts (I was too much in the world of old type ECUs with cable throttles), but it eventually got through. Not that it explains any maps, but the concept that you should be familiar with before you start.
Nikifan

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:30 AM »

I wonder how many of you (I bet prj did, and not one time Wink) read this:

http://nyet.org/cars/info/ME7sw.pdf

It's even on nyet's site now, when I first searched for ME information I found it elsewhere. Was never an easy read on the first couple of attempts (I was too much in the world of old type ECUs with cable throttles), but it eventually got through. Not that it explains any maps, but the concept that you should be familiar with before you start.
Thank you for the link.
I never know that this kind of document is existed.
I just have read its and I was very inspired by the logic and idea... it was developed in 1990s'!

Have you ever seen somewhere such type of document for modern controllers? Just interesting what have been changed since that time
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: