Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Golf 4 DSG conversion cluster eeprom coding for FWD and DSG VWK503MH Mfa Only  (Read 20486 times)
tonybig78

Hi its been a long time since ive had time to continue with my Golf 4 1.8T DSG conversion but im back with some good news for those looking to achieve the same!

Ok so lets get on with it.....

Managed to get my hands on various clocks from a great friend and ive been fiddling with the eeprom values to get my clocks or actually any VWK503MH MFA clocks to work with DSG transmission and or without AWD.

There are a few different part numbers for these but im sure it will work on any half screen VWK503MH. Ive tried it on a set of diesel clocks.

Now before you say but cant i do that in VCDS? the answer is no! on these older platforms there is no long coding or installation list to do so!

So heres how to do it. Once you have a dump of your VWK503MH clocks you need to edit it with the follwing values at the address 1B6.

Address :1B6 orginal value in my clocks was 15

If you plan to do a AWD conversion the you need to change value 1 to 9 to see the AWD module in the CAN Gateway if not leave 1 for FWD
To change from manual to DSG then change 5 to 7

This should help the cluster communicate with the TCU and ME7.5

I will attach 2 dumps before and after if you wish to compare or just download.

Once I manage to find some full fis manual transmission clocks I will try to figure it out on them too.

Dont forget to say thanks if this helped you in any way!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:27:58 PM by tonybig78 » Logged
aef

So you have a working speedometer with dsg conversion?
Signal is coming form can or kline form the dsg?
tonybig78

So you have a working speedometer with dsg conversion?
Signal is coming form can or kline form the dsg?
No, via can!

0x065 from 80 to  81 = speedsignal via CAN rather than from the old manual transmission speed sensor (which the DSG does not have)

Carsinc

2 things, 1 I really want to use this, 2 i need to figure a way for my tt to get speed signal from abs...
vwaudiguy

2 things, 1 I really want to use this, 2 i need to figure a way for my tt to get speed signal from abs...

02Q swap?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
_nameless

the o2q still has the trigger wheel on the crank, you could always drill a hole in the case and fit the o2m sensor. i did this before in the past before i knew how to flip bits

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Carsinc

Noooo the speed sensor is broke in transmisson and i have been to lazy to remove/afraid i will have to pull the trans.
_nameless

upload your cluster eeprom

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Carsinc

Sorry, been busy, i'll go read it this weekend.
chora

hello
can you please tell what is the file of engine ecu you have used for this to work?
yxx499

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 08:25:05 PM »

+1 for the ecu file

hello
can you please tell what is the file of engine ecu you have used for this to work?
Eldobi

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 12:35:16 AM »

I got an AWD dsg that I’m looking forward to fit in my mk4 with 1.8t 225 awd .. aside from the cluster thing i want to know about the dsg wiring in mk4s! Sure with Me7 ecu .. did you post any reference to this info plz?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:37:41 AM by Eldobi » Logged
chora

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 04:09:30 AM »

I got an AWD dsg that I’m looking forward to fit in my mk4 with 1.8t 225 awd .. aside from the cluster thing i want to know about the dsg wiring in mk4s! Sure with Me7 ecu .. did you post any reference to this info plz?
i think dsg wiring is to dsg selector
comunication with dashboard and with me7 ecu is over can only
Eldobi

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »

Next week i’ll try to fit it and hopefully things work out  Roll Eyes
terok

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:56 AM »

CAN speed signal comes from ABS. DSG does not send it, only uses it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: