Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Golf 4 DSG conversion cluster eeprom coding for FWD and DSG VWK503MH Mfa Only  (Read 20502 times)
Eldobi

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »

So DSG will understand the Mk4 ‘s ABS ?
Eldobi

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 05:17:44 PM »

Will the dsg understand the signal from me7 ecu with k-line ? What else would be a pain in this project?
terok

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 11:51:29 PM »

K-line is generally not used for control unit to control unit communication. So CAN-bus is the way to go.

So DSG will understand the Mk4 ‘s ABS ?
It should yes, i cannot say for sure about ALL DSG's.
ABS should send CAN id 0x4A0 (Bremse_3) which contains wheel speed information.
terok

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 03:24:16 AM »

What else would be a pain in this project?

One thing that comes to  mind, is speed signal differences.
For example, if you have much different size of wheels (compared to wheels in car that gearbox comes from), DSG will not be happy about it because it measures speed of all the axles in it. If CAN reported speed differs too much, there might be odd behaviour.
On the other hand, if you do not send speed information to DSG at all, it still works suprisingly well.
This is the case in my car, '86 Scirocco in which i have installed a DSG7 from Golf 6.
Eldobi

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »

Thank you so much for the important info.. i’ll start working on it tomorrow and will post the updates Smiley
Russik123

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »

Hey guys,

Im just someone who is passing by. I'm also interested to make a DSG swap with my Audi a3 8l. Im not really sure what I need to do first. I was interested to buy a DSG DQ250. I also found a loom on the internet for like 1200 euro's http://www.pparts.net/nl/dp-dsg-controller-audi-seat-skoda-vw-18-20vt-engines.

My car has like 340 hp and 370nm. The gearbox sucks. Im ready to invest in my car.
Could you please tell the steps or do you have another forum where you started this conversion?

Yours sincerly,

veedabowlu

To the OP... did you get anywhere with this?
apex12

Any update on this? I already mounted one on my big turbo Jetta with the 032HF ecu, i still have 2 codes for comunication on vcds but maybe can turn the csr on next week and see how it works
Callide_gaming

How do i tell if i have a VWK503MH clock? Doing the dsg conversion on my mk4 gti with aum and me7.5 ecu

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

aef

Great first post right after registration

Read the cluster eeprom like it is described in google. 5sec search  Roll Eyes
fat_chris

Bumping this to the top. I have the following in the works and wanted to see if anyone has made any progress with this

Car in question: 2005 Beetle 1.8t auto

Swap in progress: 2.8 BDF 24V swap (manual currently)

Would like to use an Eos 3.2 DSG in the vehicle, I've put DSG into various b6 passats with good success with no flashing or coding needed. My original thought was to ad a tone wheel and speed sensor on one of the drive axle flanges and wire the dsg into the can to see if it would work but after coming across this thread i'm curious if the original auto cluster is already reading speed form the ABS?

Please let me know if anyone has any info on this, I haven't started the swap yet and would like to plan it out as best as possible
terok

If the original gearbox has a drive speed sensor, then it's most likely used by cluster.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: