Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trying to get contact with me7.1.1  (Read 15434 times)
_nameless

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 09:21:11 AM »

Thank you, but that didn't help.

I order a confirmed working KKL cable from Ebay, still wainting for it. It the meantime I'm still trying with the one I have, I'm pretty sure it should work.

One think I have problems with is the D2XX driver, when I plug in the cable Windows automatically installs a prefered driver, when I try to change to the D2XX Windows says It already have installed the best driver.

Could this cause my problem? If, then what can I do about it?
If you're from the state's and you wanna pay shipping to and from me I'll do it for you. Pm me

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »

One think I have problems with is the D2XX driver, when I plug in the cable Windows automatically installs a prefered driver, when I try to change to the D2XX Windows says It already have installed the best driver.

You can tell windows to install whatever driver you want with a manual install

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RBPE

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 10:17:35 AM »

Always seemed to play up a bit when I tried them, even playing with the drivers, something like this might be better for you, cheap enough and with CS buttons may help dep on what you're editing with;

http://www.cardiagtool.co.uk/mpps-v18-ecu-tricore-boot-programmer.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm56im_TY3AIVDrftCh1PFwdxEAQYASABEgIy__D_BwE

http://www.eobdtool.co.uk/upload/pro/mpps-v18-car-list-software-v18-12-3-8.pdf

1024kb flash
hummel

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 02:08:21 AM »

MARTY: Thank you, but I'm living in Europe (Denmark), other thanthat I will really like to learn to do this myself...

Latest update, I got a Ross-Tech VCDS cable and software, with that I was able to get contact to the ECu, meaning my wiring and ECU is all good.

Now I'm trying to use ArcDubs program with cmd and the Rosstech cable, but still no succes... It keeps saying com-port not specified, and I can't se the specific com-port in device manager...
hummel

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 02:50:07 AM »

Well, I managed to download a vcp driver from Rosstech http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/usb/virtual-com-port.php and attached it to com port 2.

But I still have problem with connecting via ArcDubs program in cmd.  Huh

Could the vcp driver be wrong ?

Or is there anything i'm doing wrong in cmd ? Open cmd, drag ME7EEPROM in cmd, write the path to ME7EEPROM and write --OBD -r -p 2 95040.bin ?

attached a screen shot for better understanding
_nameless

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 04:59:53 AM »

umm if youre trying to use a vcds cable like your other post says then it will never work. nefmoto is the only other software that will work with a vcds cable
 eeprom tool wont work

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
SB_GLI

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 05:39:25 AM »

it will work with their VCP driver, IIRC.   But, just buy the $20 ebay ftdi cable.
hummel

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 07:16:01 AM »

I already order a cheap Ebay KKL cable, approved from the users in this forum.. But i fear it would be the same, since I already tried the VCDS cable (With vcp driver) and another cheap KKL blue cable..

But maybe it is just the cable  Undecided It would be nice...
Carsinc

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »

There is alot of ways to figure this out, if you open the cable and look at the chip is one.
You could download the ftdi eeprom programmer and confirm the cable that way, do not use on ross tech genuine.
If you want email me and I can try to help, I've done alot of r32 ecus.
hummel

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 12:34:19 AM »

Thank you Carsinc. I tried to open my blue KKL cable, and on the chip it says FT232RL ? Is that what i'm looking for ? If my cable is good enough, then I still have a problem with Arcdub's program  Undecided

Windows will only use the driver that it self finds and install, maybe that could be the problem ?

_nameless

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 01:29:21 AM »

I don't think your ecu is 95040 to start

Carsinc

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 10:00:02 PM »

It should be a 95P05 its fine the latest ver of the tool will do it.

IF you just really wanna do this yourself, message me i'll guide you through it.
if you just want it done ship it to me i'll do it.
hummel

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 11:30:04 AM »

Hey Guys,

Still struggling with this. I got a new KKL Cable from Ebay, once i plugged it in, Windows automatically installed the preferred driver, is that ok?

I tried the cable with Nefmoto, and succesfully read the ECU, confirming that my wiring is ok, right?

Then I opened Device manager and assigned port 2 to the cable.

Then I opened cmd and dragged the newest version of me7eeprom in and wrote --OBD -r -p2 myr32.bin and still no communication.

Anyone has any idea what i'm doing wrong ?

Risky

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »

When I tried reading via obd using argdubs me7_95040.exe it doesn't work. Try Boot mode, works like a charm everytime. You can use the blue ebay cable aswell for bootmode when using only me7_95040.exe or me7eeprom.exe. My ecu is me7.5. Your situation might be different.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:09:35 PM by Risky » Logged
Carsinc

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2018, 09:02:18 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6383.0
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:14:44 PM by Carsinc » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: