Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Author Topic: Tuning projects 3.0TFSI Stage 1 SIMOS 8.4  (Read 85529 times)
aef

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 03:17:02 AM »

i understand all of your point, you are correct. but the difference still persists.
Well defined Bosch ecu's with lots and lots of information vs. Simos 8.x with limited amount of cars = limited information publicly

I never said you should use the "pro" tune. But its a piece of information you can buy for small money. Another approach is to just read a pro tuned car which is for free.
Your bad edc16/17 files helped you to learn and do it better and thats my point. A file is worth more than 13000 pages of FR if you start from almost nothing.

btw i am not a pro  Roll Eyes
IamwhoIam

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 01:59:23 AM »

Another approach is to just read a pro tuned car which is for free.

That's GREAT advice man! Love it!

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
NoOne

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2019, 02:48:45 PM »

There is little interest in this engine, but I will ask you how to get more air in this engine without any hardware changes?
_nameless

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2019, 05:27:26 AM »

There is little interest in this engine, but I will ask you how to get more air in this engine without any hardware changes?
keep the bipass valve shut

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
NoOne

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 04:44:47 AM »

Thank you for your answer, but whether, apart from maintaining a closed bypass, it is not necessary to increase the parameters in the Max. pressure up throttle at standard conditions map?
ktm733

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2019, 07:07:15 AM »

This post went no where. Sad wish there was more collaboration on the simos 8 platform.
NoOne

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »

It is no wonder that no one wants to cooperate in this matter, because it is not necessary. If you find the right maps, you will notice how easy it is to do it. SB_GLI has included a set of data needed to modify it, although it's not exactly the set that it described as stage 1 maps. Such advice given by Marty "keep the bipass valve shut" does not lead to the right track either.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:33:32 PM by NoOne » Logged
prj

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »

But what he said is correct.

Keep it shut and you are 95% of the way there. The other 5% is to set fueling decently.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
NoOne

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »

It's harder to open them than keep them locked after rising TL's. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:58:17 PM by NoOne » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2019, 03:46:49 AM »

Not when you know WTF you're doing

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
gman86

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2019, 05:42:49 AM »

Aaaaaaand this forum has officially died on its arse.

It's packed to the brim with ME7 info from well meaning, knowledgeable good guys. Unfortunately, they've all either stopped using this forum or unfortunately passed. MED9 was slowly forthcoming. Anything slightly more modern just has Dunning Kruger victims clinging onto what knowledge they have, whilst giving themselves a hard on as they drip feed meaningless shit to try demonstrate superiority.

I've gradually went from several daily checks of this forum to maybe once or twice per month.

RIP a once great resource and excellent idea. Mark it read-only and keep it as a shrine until the domain and hosting expires.

gt-innovation

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2019, 08:04:14 AM »

Aaaaaaand this forum has officially died on its arse.

It's packed to the brim with ME7 info from well meaning, knowledgeable good guys. Unfortunately, they've all either stopped using this forum or unfortunately passed. MED9 was slowly forthcoming. Anything slightly more modern just has Dunning Kruger victims clinging onto what knowledge they have, whilst giving themselves a hard on as they drip feed meaningless shit to try demonstrate superiority.

I've gradually went from several daily checks of this forum to maybe once or twice per month.

RIP a once great resource and excellent idea. Mark it read-only and keep it as a shrine until the domain and hosting expires.

It is still a great resource and offers much more then any other forum out there.You have to consider what have you done yourself to contribute here and make this forum better...

Further more 70% of the users here are so called "Professionals" that are hiding under different nicknames/usernames to get spoon fed info and not to embarass themselves with questions that are done from hobbyists...

There are new and old users here that still do nice things no matter what you say...It is their time not yours and no one should demand more from people that are posting here.

anyway I hope you are not getting offended by the above as i speak in General.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:05:46 AM by gt-innovation » Logged
NoOne

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »

I also think that this forum is a great source of information. In this thread you have everything you need to modify simos 8. Nobody gives everything on the silver tray, but if you already know how to modify gasoline engines, you should be able to do it without much trouble. Simos 8.5 is my first modified petrol engine. So far I've only played with diesel. It took me about two weeks to get over 400 horsepower from 3.0 tfsi with the DL501 modification. At that time I did many other things with my professional work, of course.

gman86

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2019, 05:59:31 PM »

It is still a great resource and offers much more then any other forum out there.You have to consider what have you done yourself to contribute here and make this forum better...

Further more 70% of the users here are so called "Professionals" that are hiding under different nicknames/usernames to get spoon fed info and not to embarass themselves with questions that are done from hobbyists...

There are new and old users here that still do nice things no matter what you say...It is their time not yours and no one should demand more from people that are posting here.

anyway I hope you are not getting offended by the above as i speak in General.

No, I see your angle. I have contributed as much as I can on ME7, MED9, MED17 and DSG tuning with the latter three being still profitable platforms. Whilst it's not reasonable to expect people to just pour heart and soul into spoon feeding people, it's also completely unnecessary for people to post purely for the sake of saying "I know the answer to this but I'm not telling you". They can just stay quiet.

It's still a great resource, hence why it should be marked as read-only. I've seen little to no useful content posted in 2019.
NoOne

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2019, 02:23:53 AM »

Now I see your way of seeing things in this forum. It's people like you who make them read-only. If you are interested in developing this topic, show us what you have done so far and what you have a problem with.  Then we will know how to help you. Do you expect someone here to create a tutorial which byte, step by step, should be changed?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: