Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: Tuning projects 3.0TFSI Stage 1 SIMOS 8.4  (Read 85549 times)
ktm733

« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2022, 06:57:23 AM »

How does one could achive pops only on dynamic mode?
ip_iga_min_bas_cbk_sel[0][0]
ip_iga_min_bas_cbk_sel[1][0]
ip_iga_bas_cor_ivvt_vvl[0][0][0]  (all of them)
ip_n_min_puc_at
I assume, altering those would give me pops all the time.
But how to toggle normal/dynamic?

I haven't figured this out either, but I know you can make it pop using minimal timing tables. It's weird how simos 8.4 doesn't have impulse maps Sad
KRussell

« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2022, 05:05:35 PM »

Pops in dynamic is only possible in S8.5 as far as I can tell. If you have an a2l search for this folder ENOS_Backfire_Operation_State: "ENOS_Backfire_oper_STATE-AE501Z01.00F-xxxxxx-SIMOS85-xx-JJMMTT" the bitmask by driving mode is typically configured correctly from factory the module is just not enabled at least in D_0004. There will be a few inverted conditions that you need to correct as well as the shut off pattern and times. Only things outside of that folder are the timing maps for impulse combustion.

I have not seen that folder in any of the 8.3/4 variants. It is literally the same as you will find in Simos18  Smiley
marchewa

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2022, 02:47:27 AM »

Hi, I would like to ask about simos16 which seems to be very similar to simos8, but I am struggling with not closing of bypass flap when WOT.
Its CREC engine, sw SG100F1000000

I attach screen of log and list of map which I changed. Is tere any limiter missing or I have to manipulate some airflow maps? Ori file also attached.

I've checked tcu for torque limiters but it seems all of them are above 600Nm so shouldn't be a problem
thedrill

« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2022, 02:28:24 PM »

Does anyone out there have a dual pulley simos 8.5 tune that they can share the bin file? cost? let me know.

I Bought a tune before covid hit from Chris at EPL for my 2012 C7 A6 and have only recently installed the supercharger and crank pulley
along with a Merc Racing charge cooler. I go online to flash the tune and it's not there. 
Chris from EPL, Reply Email saying to contact support.
So, I contact support and The EPL site bounced back my messages.
Not much I can do I suppose.
prj

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2022, 03:18:18 PM »

The car is faster with a single pulley than with two pulleys.
With two pulleys it's only faster if you have WMI.

Your charge cooler will not do anything, because the problem is the size of the heat exchanger in the manifold, which can not cool down the incoming air.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
thedrill

« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2022, 04:00:03 PM »

Thanks for the insight, have a great Christmas.
mtb703

« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2022, 02:52:54 PM »

The car is faster with a single pulley than with two pulleys.
With two pulleys it's only faster if you have WMI.

Your charge cooler will not do anything, because the problem is the size of the heat exchanger in the manifold, which can not cool down the incoming air.
Or ~40% ethanol.   

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

prj

« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2022, 03:54:53 AM »

Yes, a lot of ethanol helps too, because it works the same way as WMI by cooling down the charge in the ports and getting better cylinder filling.

But on pump gas absolutely pointless.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
thedrill

« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2022, 06:47:59 AM »

Can Anyone convert this to a readable bin file? I would just like to see what the changes are to the file. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:59:47 PM by thedrill » Logged
thedrill

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2022, 06:58:48 AM »

Hpt to bin splits it into 3 parts ..
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:59:04 PM by thedrill » Logged
MrStache

« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2023, 08:44:29 AM »

Pops in dynamic is only possible in S8.5 as far as I can tell. If you have an a2l search for this folder ENOS_Backfire_Operation_State: "ENOS_Backfire_oper_STATE-AE501Z01.00F-xxxxxx-SIMOS85-xx-JJMMTT" the bitmask by driving mode is typically configured correctly from factory the module is just not enabled at least in D_0004. There will be a few inverted conditions that you need to correct as well as the shut off pattern and times. Only things outside of that folder are the timing maps for impulse combustion.

I have not seen that folder in any of the 8.3/4 variants. It is literally the same as you will find in Simos18  Smiley

After some reading on this forum I've managed to write my own tune, with some help of a paid file (that was actually quite badly tuned...)for reference. So...thanks all!

Purely for amusement / can I get it to work I've also tried to get pops and bangs to go. And guess what, I got it to work!
But...
I should be getting "DSG" farts given the way I've modified to file, but there are no pops and bangs during shifting.
And the pops sound quite like actual popcorn. Loud enough but sounds like someone is rattling a little rock in a tin. While I am going for something more burbly.

Any pointers?
MrStache

« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2023, 04:06:52 AM »

In addition to my previous post, I'd like to add to the discussion/knowledge in the thread.

I have to agree that tuning this ECU turned out to be straightforward. Note that I have limited previous experience in moder ECU's.
I've found a thread on hptuners that helps to put the different maps and needed changes into logical order.

From pedal to the wheel, this is said to be the processing order of things. Thanks to GarageBill over for sharing this knowledge at hptuners.
  • -You press the accelator pedal, which is converted to a percentage/factor
  • -This factor is used to come to a requested engine torque via the "torque at clutch" maps
  • -The resulting torque is used to determine a setpoint for requested intake air mass using the setpoint mass airflow (it converts nm to mg/strk)
  • -Now the hardware needs to do its thing to get to that setpoint and make the requested torque. Thats done by all sorts of subfunctions like ignition timing manager and the intake flap controllers. Which I don't think you need to touch for a straightforward tune.
  • -The actual intake air determined via MAP; converted to mg/strk; is then converted back into nm using the indicated engine torque maps. This is relevant for, among other things, your transmission.
Along the way its necessary to raise certain component protection limiters, mostly for air or exhaust temp, all of which have been mentioned here before.
As far as I have been able to determine pressure upstream throttle and supercharger flow are not limiters. So don't need to be changed.
Timing and air/fuel ratio should be changed as well for more power or more safety margin.

While I'm oversimplifying things, tuning is getting more air and fuel into the cilinder. Requesting more torque and raising the air limiters seems, at least in my case, to keep the supercharger recirculation flap closed.

Making a tune that really uses all margins in stead of say the 90-95% gains from a simple tune takes a lot more effort and knowledge. If I had to guess, thats why some tuners don't mind sharing the basics but are reluctant to post their more advanced files. Makes sense to me, at least.

Any corrections and additions are welcome, of course.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 04:09:27 AM by MrStache » Logged
xsix

« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2023, 03:17:24 AM »

Hello, anyone have mappack for this simos 8.4 ecu ? Thank You Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: