Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TunerPro question ME7.5  (Read 3629 times)
Gallo75

« on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »

Hello all,
First of all i have to thank this forum and the people who has contributed with tools and information.

Thanks to this i have been able to read/write eeprom and flash, immo off etc by just reading all the info here... (still a noob tho)

I've been playing around with TunerPro trying to add launch control to 1 of my tunes, i have 2 different ones, one has already launch control and it works fine, the other one doesn't, i like the second one better and tried to add LC to it but no matter what i try i can't get it to work.

The funny thing is that when i open the tune with LC with TunerPro, all the values are wrong (according to the values that i should be seeing in order for the LC to work), and even if i open the second tune or even a stock tune the values are always the same.

I already changed the values, saved the bin, loaded it to my ecu and it doesn't work, but if i open that modified tune with TunerPro it shows the same old values like if i didn't change a thing.

What am i doing wrong? i've been reading a lot and can't seem to go pass this point, i'm stuck here.

screenshot attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers.
Art

xdf files happen when mommy and daddy love each other very very much
turboat

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »

Describe in a bit more detail the steps you go through.

Have you opened the map up after you've made the changes in tuner pro, before you write it to the ecu, to make sure the chants are there? I suspect you are writing your unedited map to the ecu.
Gallo75

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »

I have, and no changes have been made, what gets to me is the fact that the 2 tunes are supposed to be different, 1 with LC and the other one without it, and still the values are the same when i open them.

Have you opened the map up after you've made the changes in tuner pro, before you write it to the ecu, to make sure the chants are there? I suspect you are writing your unedited map to the ecu.

RBPE

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:33:30 AM »

Are you specifying T Pro to read the location in the hex dump? Or are you inputting values manually? If so and beween 2 files with different values, then T Pro should read that location in the bin and show the differences really unless there's a conflict there?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:44:06 PM by RBPE » Logged
RBPE

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 07:35:05 AM »

p.s. Also check LC hasn't been added as extra code in redundent areas with a jump or what have you, making it different from oem locations.
Gallo75

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 11:07:35 AM »

TunerPro> file - open bin> parameter tree - view by - parameter ordered list > double click DNMAXH, NMAXOG, etc... one by one> edit values - save> save bin as.

Are you specifying the ecu to read the location in the hex dump? Or are you inputting values manually? If so and beween 2 files with different values, then T Pro should read that location in the bin and show the differences really unless there's a conflict there?

i guess i'm doing everything manually?

This is my first attempt editing a tune, i found a tool online to correct checksums called
Iron Felix ver:1.0.0.1
by Pirat aka OzZY_RP

I really don't know if that's any good i didn't get any errors when i tried it

Another thing, is there any specific XDF file i should be using? maybe that's what i'm doing wrong?

thx for your help guys
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:13:57 AM by Gallo75 » Logged

RBPE

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 11:43:52 AM »

I'd be very, VERY, wary of anything that can't prove checksums, it's in things like late MPPS clones with the checksum buttons, ecufix or the free stuff on here if it works with your ecu first of all, never heard of that one you mentioned so can't say.

After that, if you're not using the EXACT revision of your ecu then it is very much possible that it has extra bytes here and there which in turn create an offset, said offset meaning that the value that is in one file will not match the other in the same location as it is likely moved over a few places due to these extra bytes.

Then there's the added code on things like LC that people put in there, making things jump from one look-up place to another which will add further problems.

Best bet is to start with an oem read of your own ecu and a good def file on that exact same one, then, if these values are out, it's probably likely the last bit I wrote above where it's custom code has been added in which case you need to learn what those people did in shifting this data within the ecu.
Gallo75

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 03:55:19 PM »

I'd be very, VERY, wary of anything that can't prove checksums, it's in things like late MPPS clones with the checksum buttons, ecufix or the free stuff on here if it works with your ecu first of all, never heard of that one you mentioned so can't say.

After that, if you're not using the EXACT revision of your ecu then it is very much possible that it has extra bytes here and there which in turn create an offset, said offset meaning that the value that is in one file will not match the other in the same location as it is likely moved over a few places due to these extra bytes.

Then there's the added code on things like LC that people put in there, making things jump from one look-up place to another which will add further problems.

Best bet is to start with an oem read of your own ecu and a good def file on that exact same one, then, if these values are out, it's probably likely the last bit I wrote above where it's custom code has been added in which case you need to learn what those people did in shifting this data within the ecu.

I see what you say that makes a lot of sense, i guess i have a lot more reading to do, thanks a lot for your help guys.
cheers
Art.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: