Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Throttle Cut With Actual Boost Less Than Requested  (Read 2969 times)
Cadensdad14

« on: December 10, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »

Im having issues with a 5120 hacked me7.1.1 551R cutting throttle.  3 bar MAP.  Its consistently cutting around 4850 rpms, 180 g/s, 13 to 14 psi.  Actual boost is less than requested.  Configuring the turbos, the wastegates are running a static 30% WGDC.  MAF is rescaled in MLHFM and MLOFS. mshfm matches msdk closely.  Car is running a modified gearbox with longer gears.  One log is a pull in third, one in second. 

The me7logger isnt adjusted for the 5120 so all pressure variables are half what they are.

Doubled KFDLULS and did not have any change.  Where do i go next?  ESP?  Edit the gearing in the ecu to reflect actual gearing? 
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 11:34:01 PM »

Do you feel your load request is *roughly* an accurate representation of what is possible with your combination of hardware?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Cadensdad14

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:09:17 PM »

I feel like the high end load request is reasonable for the target and hardware.  I had left this stock while we were running configuration and had CWMDAPP set to 08 for the purpose of configuring the PID.  CWMDAPP is Codeword For Configuration Without Torque Structure.  I only edited the load request when I ran into the throttle cut issues.
Cadensdad14

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »

Here are 4 logs showing the throttle cut.  Wastegates at static 30% WGDC.  Fuel issue solved for the most part.  Gear ratios adjusted for the long ratio gear box.  pulls in 2nd.  I believe B_lr being 0% is because of the system going open loop with narrowband sensors.  Torque structure should be ignored.  Could I be hitting a problem at 190 g/s on the MAF?  Logs consistently cut throttle at around 4,900.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 10:24:37 PM »

Not sure if it is relevant, but ps_w seems pretty far off.

That said, I can't figure out why you would be seeing throttle cut :/

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: