Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: MED9.1 - Stage 1 tune - Seat Leon 1p Cupra 2.0 TFSI 240 Hp  (Read 50473 times)
prj

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2019, 06:53:56 AM »

I do not know the concept of VE, and yet my cars are driving long and very well.

I see that this is a very important concept because there is one topic on the forum about it.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

In my environment, there is the concept of EMP.

smh....

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2019, 11:56:18 PM »

I do not know the concept of VE, and yet my cars are driving long and very well.

Ridiculous statement at every level.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Garfimp

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2019, 01:59:17 AM »

Hi all,

Long break on the modification of my car soft, I had no free time this past months, and also had to change flywheel and clutch so the car was at the garage.

Now that it has been replaced I will continue the work to finalize a "basic" stage 1 tune. Target is still around 300 HP 450 N.m.
For now I will take the work back where I left it, that is to say my next step will be to raise my LDRXN from 4500 Rpm and on to have actual load where I want it in high rpm. And make actual boost follow requested boost as good as possible.

I will post results here.
Cheers Wink

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:30:54 AM by Garfimp » Logged
jurebv

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2019, 06:21:56 AM »

I constantly see "professional" tunes worse than this ....what I cannot understand with flat KFLDHBN ...is it really so hard to calculate and have a normal limiter...also lambda's are really bad
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 06:28:07 AM by jurebv » Logged

Bitshifter

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »

I constantly see "professional" tunes worse than this ....what I cannot understand with flat KFLDHBN ...is it really so hard to calculate and have a normal limiter...also lambda's are really bad

Lambda 0,85 for max power output  Wink Roll Eyes .....and max EGT ....and to raise oil temp higher...and  Grin

Hind to improve next version: set DLBTS off  Grin /just kidding

@ Garfimp: read topics from "Basano" and start here:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52152#msg52152

P.S. I think you never will reach 320HP with Stage I .....but it is my opinion.
Garfimp

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2019, 02:12:05 AM »

Lambda 0,85 for max power output  Wink Roll Eyes .....and max EGT ....and to raise oil temp higher...and  Grin

Hind to improve next version: set DLBTS off  Grin /just kidding

@ Garfimp: read topics from "Basano" and start here:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52152#msg52152

P.S. I think you never will reach 320HP with Stage I .....but it is my opinion.

Hello jurebv and Bitshifter !

Thank you for your inputs !
Of course you are right I wanted to say roughly 300 hp with stage 1 ! My bad, 320 will be when later I intend to remove the cat and go for a stage 2.
Also, you are both absolutely right, I have still to work on lambda.. but I need a little help on that topic  Grin

But first concerning KFLDHBN, I was having same thought : "flat modifying seems not to be a good way to tune" just deactivating limitation, so any advice on how I should adjust the values ?
Should I try to transfer a K04 flow map into KFLDHBN?

Concerning lambda;I have read the basano thread many times, great thread ! And I will continue to do so to see what I miss.
But on lambda I still didn't find any simple explanation or good example of modded maps... can you maybe give me an advice or point towards what I did wrong and didn't understand ?

What I understand so far is that lambts is triggered very easily when EGT is calculated too high (which happens even with the original software) so I am not sure what I should do... it seems at WOT lamfa is never used making it useless to modify without altering the "mechanism" of lamfa/lambts too.

So should I raise the threshold for BTS?
Take the single value threshold of EGT,(I think it is called TAIKRBTS) which is at 800° and make it higher like 850 ? Also I saw the lamfa delay which it seems is making lamfa not used while this time.
=> So a good tune involves making this EGT single upper and zeroing the time delay? Or is it still completely wrong and stupid?

Then are my values OK for lamfa and lambts if I raise the threshold for BTS switching ? Or is it too lean , or too rich or or or ??  Grin
(For now I have values roughly like : Lamfa 0,9-0,85 and lambts 0,91-0,84 on high loads)

Thank you guys for your help Smiley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:36:07 AM by Garfimp » Logged
Garfimp

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2019, 05:38:53 AM »

Up   Lips sealed
Bitshifter

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »

Don`t run to lean! If you don`t know real EGT, stay safe. Edit Maps @ high load and high rpm and give them 0.8! Later you can touch them, if necessary.

It is just an example:

Garfimp

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 02:38:45 PM »

Don`t run to lean! If you don`t know real EGT, stay safe. Edit Maps @ high load and high rpm and give them 0.8! Later you can touch them, if necessary.

It is just an example:

Ok thanks !
I will follow your advice and make 0.8 in KFLBTS at high load/rpm.
Concerning lamfa, should I modify it too and lower to something like 0.82?

Also concerning the egt threshold on which the ECU switches from lamfa to lambts, should I raise it too? Or should I only focus on KFLBTS and just use lambts at WOT?

Thank you Smiley
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:40:31 PM by Garfimp » Logged
Bitshifter

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 09:00:00 PM »

That is the wrong way to tune your car, start from scratch!

Read your topic angain...the direction was wrote here Wink

Concentrate your energy to understand basics. ME7 is similär MED9!

Here is your way!

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

All right?  Smiley
Garfimp

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2019, 12:44:52 AM »

That is the wrong way to tune your car, start from scratch!

Read your topic angain...the direction was wrote here Wink

Concentrate your energy to understand basics. ME7 is similär MED9!

Here is your way!

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

All right?  Smiley

Ok thanks again..
I guess what you mean is that I should go back to stock fueling, right ? At least go back to lamfa stock for now (since anyway it is not used the way I modified it, it goes to component protection at WOT) ?
So I will go back from scratch fueling wise and start again with lamfa stock and kflbts stock.
Or maybe lamfa stock and kflbts a little modified at high load/rpm, just a little bit leaner than it is stock to avoid enriching really too much when calculated EGT is high, and target 0,8 there as you adviced previously?

adam-

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2019, 12:54:48 AM »

Also learn how it calculates fuel.  Look at that table - it does not target 1.25.
Garfimp

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2019, 01:00:40 AM »

Also learn how it calculates fuel.  Look at that table - it does not target 1.25.

Hi Adam and thanks

But, what table?  Wink

Edit : you mean how lambts calculates fuel? And does not just follow KFLBTS? If yes, I know there are other parameters involved to make lambts since we have:
lambts = KFLBTS + [KF]DLBTS*KFFDLBTS
And I asked before if I should modify only KFLBTS, or also DLBTS/KFFDLBTS but got no clear answer...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 04:32:44 AM by Garfimp » Logged
Garfimp

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2019, 04:30:22 AM »

I am still willing to know how to properly tune my fueling, but in the meantime as it seems no fueling modification is necessary for a stage 1 tune, I will simply put lamfa back to stock, and kflbts too (or almost stock, maybe a little leaner at high rpm/load).

Concerning boost, I got help from someone who suggested that my KFMIRL might be making the load drop ! And I will dig into that on my next tune, since it is true that on KFMIRL the load is dropping with rpm. So I will try to up the load output from KFMIRL at high rpm to see if it requests more load/boost.

If not sufficient should I look into KFLDRL and KFPLGUB ?

As a reminder my target is to request more boost at high rpm to follow more closely the load from LDRXN, because for now the requested boost is dropping, and so actual boost is dropping too of course, and eventually actual load dropping since boost is low.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 04:34:10 AM by Garfimp » Logged
gman86

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2019, 05:12:47 AM »

I am still willing to know how to properly tune my fueling, but in the meantime as it seems no fueling modification is necessary for a stage 1 tune, I will simply put lamfa back to stock, and kflbts too (or almost stock, maybe a little leaner at high rpm/load).

Concerning boost, I got help from someone who suggested that my KFMIRL might be making the load drop ! And I will dig into that on my next tune, since it is true that on KFMIRL the load is dropping with rpm. So I will try to up the load output from KFMIRL at high rpm to see if it requests more load/boost.

If not sufficient should I look into KFLDRL and KFPLGUB ?

As a reminder my target is to request more boost at high rpm to follow more closely the load from LDRXN, because for now the requested boost is dropping, and so actual boost is dropping too of course, and eventually actual load dropping since boost is low.

You seem to be name dropping random maps. KFMIRL is a load request map, capped by LDRXN. KFLDRL is the final output from the PID to the N75. If you increase boost using KFLDRL, you'll likely trip load and boost limiters. You need to understand the relationship between load (cylinder filling) and the ECUs requested boost. i.e why does the ECU request x mbar pressure for y% load. There's no point randomly modifying load maps and boost control maps without knowing what happens in between. The FR is your friend.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: