Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2017 Audi S3 Airbag Module Hard Reset and Seatbelt Repair  (Read 4063 times)
Davethaboss

« on: January 02, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »

Hello all,

Do I HAVE to use VCDS in order to reset the assembly code of my current Module in tab 15 (Airbags) and then remove all the fault codes or can I hookup a simple TX/RX from my laptop to the processing chip and reset it that way? (Baud rate, parity, etc... Be the same.)

If I clear the faults via VCDS will they be gone for good and will my airbags begin working again properly?

Is there any code for these new Audi's? Or is everything encrypted as everyone claims? If it is, what kind of encryption is it even?

Seatbelt repair which on the surface appears to be elementary, does it happen to be more complicated in this car?

Any thoughts before I start testing?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

aef

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:13:21 AM »

use vcds to read the part number to have a better google result

you cannot delete theses codes with vcds because everyone would use this to sell crashed cars

what is the whole story around this?
Davethaboss

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:19:40 AM »

use vcds to read the part number to have a better google result

you cannot delete theses codes with vcds because everyone would use this to sell crashed cars

what is the whole story around this?
I bought a salvaged 2017 Audi S3 from CoPart. Have all the paper work, receipts for the airbags, title, etc...
I completely understand the concern and if you would like any proof I would be more than happy to provide.

I have literally re installed everything that had to be re installed and everything was OEM. I do not want to erase the codes only. I want to ENSURE that the module functions properly before deleting codes.
Afterwards, once everything is said and done I will most likely bring it to Audi dealership for a more thorough scan to see if anything was missed.

Apparently, there are people/companies who claim to "Repair" airbag modules. I do not trust them and I am worried they are doing something sketchy.

Davethaboss

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 11:25:40 PM »

Any new information?
There is literally almost 0 information on this topic. Anything would help me at this point.
Direction to what serial commands need to be sent, diagram of the board, appropriate software and protocol to use, etc....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: