Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Actually tuning after disabling CWMDAPP after NA > turbo conversion  (Read 19858 times)
Blazius

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 12:08:01 PM »

Yup.I'll try that when I get to it actually. Again as i said in OP , thanks!

But is there like death code if it happens to be a whole different thing , and how will I exactly know that I got it right? I am assuming on the idle/pedal feel ?
Blazius

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 12:45:19 AM »

So even more reading and thinking about this I am still confused with the MAF/load/CWMDAPP relation lol.

So assuming rogerious's adress is right and I disable the torque functions - actually not quite sure what to set the value here either. in FR CWMDAPP adress is obviously a 8bit value. 0-5 bits are used for stuff like igniton torque disabling, and throttle fixing 1:1 actually bits 0-2 , bit 4 is something else , and bit5 is used for boost (psoal)

so do I max this value out as in FF hex ( 11111111) or just the last 3 (00000111) ? -

Throttle  becomes (should) 1:1 to Acc.Pedal , so this means KFPED is out the window ? and ignition should follow base ignition.

Interestingly this is my current KFPED map , as you can see in WOT position the requested power is 120% (which on 1.8T is different, its capped with 100% acc position to 100% power)

and this is the KFMIRL map

this is weird aswell. There is some playfield left till the 191% load ( if NA software can go above 100% ? it seems like it can) BUT since CWMDAPP is enabled doesnt KFMIRL go outside the window aswell along wtih KFPED / KFMIOP etc. I've read the FR multiple times and this is what I conduct from it.

Also it seems like I wont need to touch the MAF yet, the  stock max value is 872 kg/hr with 200 ols (Bosch MAF) offset is 250 g/s so that should be good until 300 hp or so right?

So how is the load /pedal relation with CWMDAPP enabled actually? Does load get "ignored" and ECU goes by ingested MAF and other intake maps to "guess" fuel quantity/injection time similarly to speed density? or what is happening.
Also what about MLMAX?

Current plan is KRKTE , TVUB adjustment , CWMDAPP enabling and I dont know really , I wish someone would clear this up with handson experience but anything is welcome Smiley thanks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 12:47:27 AM by Blazius » Logged
prj

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 01:05:15 AM »

ITT: how not to tune.

So what are you going to do with the lack of idle control?
How is the car ever going to start from cold?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 01:07:06 AM »

ITT: how not to tune.

So what are you going to do with the lack of idle control?
How is the car ever going to start from cold?

Well.. CWMDAPP should still have the base throttle angle saved (around 14%) and injection should still work for starting , as for idle I dont know yet.

if Marty made it work on a vr6 motor(he gave me this idea) , then it should work. So maybe its not the best way on 1.8T's but it is what it is I guess.
woj

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 01:08:14 AM »

No all of the answers, but at least one thing I can chip in with. We had a discussion about the 120% requested torque somewhere else, some people saying it's a tuning mistake / idiotic / unnecessary / I have never seen it / torque gets capped to 100% nevertheless, etc.

Well, it is not capped right away, I have 120% torque request on my ME from factory, and it sole purpose is, it seems, to enable "WOT by pedal" fueling through LAMFA. That is, LAMFA accepts 120% of requested torque and will give you the separate lambda request for the "pedal to the floor" situation. And it is really like "floor", because the previous axis value in my LAMFA is 117%.
prj

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 01:08:48 AM »

So the car will start and immediately stall. Are you planning to hold the throttle down the entire time until it warms up?
Or are you planning to drive around with 2500 idle when it's hot?

CWMDAPP is for calibration on an engine dyno, nothing else.

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 01:15:09 AM »

So the car will start and immediately stall. Are you planning to hold the throttle down the entire time until it warms up?
Or are you planning to drive around with 2500 idle when it's hot?

CWMDAPP is for calibration on an engine dyno, nothing else.

Do you really lose idle control though? people say it but its not confirmed anywhere. The warmup igntion map should still affect the base ignition map without torque interface no?

Again, what other option is there.

Marty a while back said: "Either underscale MAF or CWMDAPP "that is how I tuned "a" vr6t , throttle becomes 1:1 like dbc, then tune with "base" maps"(what are those base maps though))

@woj

I understand that but again CWMDAPP supposedly disables all torque bullshit, so I am wondering what happens with load , again does it just go by MAF input and intake model(loss) and guess injection time like any piggyback would or ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 01:17:19 AM by Blazius » Logged
prj

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 01:19:41 AM »

Yes, you do lose all slow path idle control.

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 01:22:47 AM »

Yes, you do lose all slow path idle control.

Slow path ? you mean throttle side control ?

How did Marty make it work then  Undecided

What about MAF underscale way? I need to increase the scale to drop the load right?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 01:32:14 AM by Blazius » Logged
woj

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 01:31:55 AM »

Slow path ? you mean throttle side control ?

That's a bit over simplifying things, but slow = load based, fast = ignition based.
Blazius

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 01:39:49 AM »

yeah, so cant I adjust the idle with the ignition alone by retarding/advancing it soo much that it there is barerly any power/combustion happening based on coolant temp (forgot the map name) if throttle is staying same ?

also here is what Marty said word for word:

Huh
prj

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 04:32:01 AM »

The only correct option is to patch 100% load limitation and tune it normally.
In your case there is no point to even tune this ECU, fit a 1.8T ECU instead. Hell, turboing a NA motor when you can get a 1.8T to drop in is also retarded.

But it seems that this is what this topic is - retarded  Grin

Also doesn't seem that our friend Marty here is very good at tuning NA ecu's Tongue

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 04:33:58 AM »

yeah, so cant I adjust the idle with the ignition alone by retarding/advancing it soo much that it there is barerly any power/combustion happening based on coolant temp (forgot the map name) if throttle is staying same ?
No, because the amount of air the engine needs at -20C cold start vs. 90C cold start is significant.

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 05:44:26 AM »

In your case there is no point to even tune this ECU, fit a 1.8T ECU instead. Hell, turboing a NA motor when you can get a 1.8T to drop in is also retarded.

Also doesn't seem that our friend Marty here is very good at tuning NA ecu's Tongue
um change cwmdapp to 2 as well in their tunes. They just use a bunch code to hide it . Idle can be fixed by requesting more kfped In the lower cells  (20-30%) load is enough for a good idle. I'm not saying this is the best way but I works for me, no part throttle drivability issues.  I don't see why you do t just get a 1.8t ecu. Again your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Used ecus are like $40 on ebay.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:45:05 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Blazius

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 05:58:25 AM »

Well as i said this is supposed to be a crude method get it/see if works on stock stuff without spending on other ecu , again only half bar i am not pushing it further on this setup.

Other things, not everybody can just dropin an 1.8t you see. I dont have the working space neither a way of getting the engine out easily, so its easier to convert and the cost is way lower lol...

And supposedly you can make cwmdapp work on idle with kfped touchup in low load, infact somebody here on nef made it work.

Lastly, dont tell me.you started out as perfect tuner, i bet that you did ghetto shit/ not the most perfect way to tune your car or just even hardware modifications in your earlier days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: