Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Actually tuning after disabling CWMDAPP after NA > turbo conversion  (Read 20603 times)
Blazius

Hello,

since most of you know I am converting my N/A to t3/t4 turbo. Since winter is passing now I am "almost" done with hardware side of things, and actual tuning comes afterwoods.

So a while back while I was in contact with Marty he said the only 2 options is CWMDAPP and tuning using "base" maps or MAF underscale.
I probably will want to go with cwmdapp since I want the car to behave like a dbc and no intervention but reaction.

(The ecu is 8D0 906 018 Q / 0 261 206 318 ECU, you can find my bin here in the request section ( http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15390.msg121232))

So since then using Marty's mappack and consulting with other people , I have found some other maps but really the base is what Marty gave. Also me7swiss tool ID'd 67 maps which I still need to check out for duplicates and etc.

But the thing is I am fairly positive bin does not contain any PID, boost / load maps, load maps also max out at 100% and all other jazz like that. No lamfabts either for example ( could be wrong tho).
So I have created a thread to actually trying to find CWMDAPP ( http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15438.0title= & thanks to rogerious for reply but havent had the chance to try it yet), and disabling ( enabling) it, question is which maps exactly will I need to change to tune the car actually? LAMFA , desired load or... ? Bit confused on this.

Help is most appreciated , thank you.

Blazius

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 02:19:48 PM »

bumperino
phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 03:43:59 PM »

Desired load is hard capped at 100 iirc, so you will also have to jump over that.
Blazius

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 04:53:33 PM »

Desired load is hard capped at 100 iirc, so you will also have to jump over that.

Yep load is capped at 100%. But the main question really is fuel. Only LAMFA  since there is no lamfabts etc?
woj

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 01:50:43 AM »

Yep load is capped at 100%. But the main question really is fuel. Only LAMFA  since there is no lamfabts etc?

I do not really understand the plans from your first post, hence no cents from me, nevertheless, if you really want to take the shortest route and effectively rape the ECU to control your turbo setup (I have seen it done before on simpler ECU - replace the MAP sensor with boost capable one, modify the main fuel and ignition maps until things seem to work, I was actually surprised this can work, barely) you still need to take care of ignition.
Blazius

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 02:47:10 AM »

I do not really understand the plans from your first post, hence no cents from me, nevertheless, if you really want to take the shortest route and effectively rape the ECU to control your turbo setup (I have seen it done before on simpler ECU - replace the MAP sensor with boost capable one, modify the main fuel and ignition maps until things seem to work, I was actually surprised this can work, barely) you still need to take care of ignition.

Right so, I cannot modify load or anything like that since its NA software. I can disable the torque intervention and calculation crap with CWMDAPP, which SHOULD give me 1:1 pedal -> butterfly opening (if I understand cwmdapp right), as on dbw its not 1;1 , cause calculations etc. So after that it should not prevent me pumping more air into the engine,which the MAF should see right? So I could just tune it with lamfa, kfzw , and fuel trims pretty much?, this is what I am asking basically.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:48:49 AM by Blazius » Logged
prj

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 03:13:13 AM »

Of course you can modify load, it requires a code patch, after which the load is no longer capped to 100% and can go to whatever. Then you just tune it like a normal car, except you will have to encode your boost into the throttle flow maps so it can control throttle.
Send me file, a little money and I will patch it for you.

That said, if you have a R4 setup, why not just run a 1.8T ecu?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 03:14:44 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 03:17:04 AM »

Of course you can modify load, it requires a code patch, after which the load is no longer capped to 100% and can go to whatever. Then you just tune it like a normal car, except you will have to encode your boost into the throttle flow maps so it can control throttle.
Send me file, a little money and I will patch it for you.

That said, if you have a R4 setup, why not just run a 1.8T ecu?

Huh.You can find the bin in the requst section I havent changed anything since then.

I really dont wanna change the ECU for now, maybe in the future. But cant it be tuned without adjusting load ? Since there is no PID/n75/or boost /load based charge maps for the turbo, isnt it enough if I disable calculation and just add more fuel change timing? Sure it aint OEM solution but nothing is OEM when convertin an na to turbo.
adam-

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 03:39:34 AM »

a little money
How little?
woj

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 05:07:02 AM »

I really dont wanna change the ECU for now, maybe in the future. But cant it be tuned without adjusting load ? Since there is no PID/n75/or boost /load based charge maps for the turbo, isnt it enough if I disable calculation and just add more fuel change timing? Sure it aint OEM solution but nothing is OEM when convertin an na to turbo.

What I am guessing you want to do is to turn off torque structure, (brutally) under scale the MAF, and correct for that in the fuel and ignition tables. For one, I suspect (but I did not check myself, though I am curious myself about torqueless operation) you will loose idle control. For two, since you will lie about lambda, you will loose the closed loop lambda control (again, I work with my imagination, your requested lambda ranges will be heavily outside of the 1.0 value). For three, lambda requests are limited AFAIK, so if you go wild with the underscaling you may not have enough lambda range to play with this.

As said, I have seen people being half successful with a similar approach on other simpler ECUs, but this is not something you want to have in the long run. But go ahead and try it Wink I am curious whether you can make this work Cheesy
prj

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 05:35:59 AM »

How little?
PM Tongue

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 05:50:41 AM »

What I am guessing you want to do is to turn off torque structure, (brutally) under scale the MAF, and correct for that in the fuel and ignition tables. For one, I suspect (but I did not check myself, though I am curious myself about torqueless operation) you will loose idle control. For two, since you will lie about lambda, you will loose the closed loop lambda control (again, I work with my imagination, your requested lambda ranges will be heavily outside of the 1.0 value). For three, lambda requests are limited AFAIK, so if you go wild with the underscaling you may not have enough lambda range to play with this.

As said, I have seen people being half successful with a similar approach on other simpler ECUs, but this is not something you want to have in the long run. But go ahead and try it Wink I am curious whether you can make this work Cheesy

Wel marty said either maf underscale or cwmdapp not both i guess.

But even if i disable torque intervention maf would still throw too high code no with stock scale? So idk. Still kinda confused on how cwmdapp affects things.

also as I said its only gonna be pushing 8 psi, later on i will increase it with proper ecu. 0.5bar shouldnt be too hard to compensate in fueling.

I was planning to change KRKTE ,TVUB for the new 400cc injectors, disable cwmdapp and see how are fuel trims on idle or does it even idle, then part throttle fuel adjusment with lamfa, and etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:54:19 AM by Blazius » Logged
woj

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 06:13:26 AM »

Right, forgot about the possibility to play with KRKTE (duh), so it may not be as bad as I think, but I guess you have to simply try it.
Blazius

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 07:06:26 AM »

Right, forgot about the possibility to play with KRKTE (duh), so it may not be as bad as I think, but I guess you have to simply try it.

Right now, finding cwmdapp would be helpful Cheesy
rogerius

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 08:59:54 AM »

Right now, finding cwmdapp would be helpful Cheesy
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15438.0title=
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: