Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: can tunerpro be used on bosch MED17 (mk6 GTI)  (Read 10544 times)
SAUCE118

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 10:38:05 PM »

So.. I had a dead spot when rolling into boost (have always had it) and can never figure it out.  If i powered through it it is not noticeable, but when partial throttle is applied there is a dead spot.  Anyways I was trying to rescale the maf a bit to see if i could fix the problem and bricked my ECU last night.  I have flashed Eurodyne probably over 200 times and never had an issue but for some reason it got bricked 2 nights ago.  I sent it in to Eurodyne because I just want my car back at this point and the only email I got back from them was "the ECU may not be recoverable, we are still working on it and will let u know ASAP".

I have a spare MED17 1k0907115AM (same PN as the one that bricked in my car) on the way as I was planning on using that as a hobby to bench flash and learn winols, etc.

My questions are:
1) If there is no "physical damage" to the ECU, why would it be non-recoverable?
2) If it is completely dead, is there any way I can get the spare ECU with the same PN to work in my car?  Unfortunately I do not have the original .bin from my factory ECU.  Are there tools I can buy to make that happen?  Is there someone people use on this forum who can clone ECU's?  I really really don't want to go to the dealer and pay their $2k for a new one.

Looks like my hobby of messing with a spare ECU just got put on the backburner   Sad   I appreciate any help that is offered...

Also, I just ordered an MPPS kit, will be here in 3-5 days if that matters... Thanks for the recommendations
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:57:40 PM by SAUCE118 » Logged
SQT

Respectfully SQT ;)

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 12:30:13 AM »

Also, I just ordered an MPPS kit, will be here in 3-5 days if that matters... Thanks for the recommendations
for some reason my mpps works only with win xp, win7 not work, keep this in mind
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:33:22 AM by SQT » Logged

a6 2.7
sorry for my English
jcsbanks

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 12:39:48 AM »

It should be recoverable and probably through OBD if you can read ECU fault codes.
SAUCE118

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 02:40:53 AM »

i wasnt able to connect to engine controller.  I could connect to everything else via VCDS.  I get the dreaded engine fans turning on when ignition is "on".  car just cranks.  I have a check engine light, but when I read fault codes just the normal stuff came up from all my mods and deletes.  The car was running wot logs literally seconds before i attempted the flash.  Not looking good in my eyes, but I am new to the whole complexities that are normally discussed on this forum.  I am trying to learn though.  I am a quick learner... Self taught myself how to tune a MED17, proud of that :-)

I sent it to Chris Tapp at eurodyne.. He is the one saying its "possibly unrecoverable".. I am waiting for the final word this morning..

And thanks for the info for MPPS in regards to windows compatibility.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 02:48:45 AM by SAUCE118 » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 04:45:34 AM »

i wasnt able to connect to engine controller.  I could connect to everything else via VCDS.  I get the dreaded engine fans turning on when ignition is "on".  car just cranks.  I have a check engine light, but when I read fault codes just the normal stuff came up from all my mods and deletes.  The car was running wot logs literally seconds before i attempted the flash.  Not looking good in my eyes, but I am new to the whole complexities that are normally discussed on this forum.  I am trying to learn though.  I am a quick learner... Self taught myself how to tune a MED17, proud of that :-)

I sent it to Chris Tapp at eurodyne.. He is the one saying its "possibly unrecoverable".. I am waiting for the final word this morning..

And thanks for the info for MPPS in regards to windows compatibility.

Aw that sucks. Yes depends though, MPPSv16 and clone only works on win xp, but MPPS v18+ ( specially legit ones) work up from win 7 to win 10.

Also I dont think you can do physical damage to an ECU, if its anything like me7 it doesnt really have a deathcode lol(correct me if I am wrong). If you can get it in bootmode( which MPPS should do) then you can flash a stock file. Worst case I think you can desolder the chip and get another stock one , or a blank one, and program it with a programmer Tongue
_nameless

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 04:59:08 AM »

If you need help pm me I can fix it or alternately I have spares.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
SAUCE118

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »

Marty.. Eurodyne was able to recover the ecu.. Cost free, aside from shipping and i get 75% off air shipping due to working for the airlines.  So it went as good as possible.  I couldnt be happier with Eurodyne's customer service.  Anyways.. I have a second ECU that I want to play around with and learn how to modify using Galletto 4 / MPPS, Winols, and TunerPro.  I Got the Galletto in the mail and it came with like 500 different wires and circuit boards which has my head about to explode.  I also had no luck installing the software on windows 10.  I think im going to buy an old computer that has win 7 on it and use that for tuning from now on instead of my surface which i use now.  Anyways, If you would be willing to help me get started I would really appreciate it. I dont need help tuning my car, I can do that myself. I just need help getting everything set up and being able to read/write and read the emprom and flash data and ect.  I think its also a good idea for me to back up my ECU now that it is fixed so that if that happens again I can fix it here myself.  Thoughts on that?  Anyways any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys!

**EDIT** I also want to add that I spent an entire day researching how to set this thing up. All the posts and videos i can find are all for setting up the software only and most of them are not in english :-/   So dont think I havent done the research.  If there is somewhere I can find the information please direct me there.. THanks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:48:06 PM by SAUCE118 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: