Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1.8T AWM to 1.8 BAM or APY crossflash.  (Read 7565 times)
danon630

« on: April 13, 2019, 03:13:17 PM »

Can it work properly? My spec is 380 cc injectors, removed cat and DP putted on it place, K03 replaced with bigger sister k03s, custom exhaust, fmic, custom tip, sponge air filter. I asking You guys because i've bricked my ecu (fuckin' again, with fuckin' mpps v13). Galletto is commin' but i want to do this crossflash before it be delivered to me.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:55:06 PM »

Calibrate your file, It's not hard mpps will do bootmode recovery undre generic tab btw

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
danon630

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 02:16:36 AM »

Calibrate your file, It's not hard mpps will do bootmode recovery undre generic tab btw

yes i know that i can do boot mode with mpps but i think i'm to stupid to understand electrical scheme. I was trying many times do a bench flash boot but mpps tells me that it don't find external power...
danon630

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:09:27 AM »

yes i know that i can do boot mode with mpps but i think i'm to stupid to understand electrical scheme. I was trying many times do a bench flash boot but mpps tells me that it don't find external power...
nupustas

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 09:52:14 AM »

I was in a similar situation. I thought I was bricked ECU, I tried to flash with the MPPSv16 in bootmode, but failed. Until finally I realized what a foolish mistake I made, when flashing with MPPS in bootmode, you should choose not "bosch me 7.5 k line", but "generic" or something similar (I don't remember the exact title, but I guess you understand).
doublerwest

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »

so can i see if you guys can answer a question for me? So hypothetically speaking if i take a ecu from a a4 and drop a tt file on it and delete the random error codes for missing radiator fan and what not .would something like that run just to give me a better starting point on my tune i wanna do? I in reality if i use the tt 225-240hp file stock uses a much bigger k04 than what i have but would put the maps in the correct lay out for low to high end fueling and boost scales ...

W357
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »

so can i see if you guys can answer a question for me? So hypothetically speaking if i take a ecu from a a4 and drop a tt file on it and delete the random error codes for missing radiator fan and what not .would something like that run just to give me a better starting point on my tune i wanna do? I in reality if i use the tt 225-240hp file stock uses a much bigger k04 than what i have but would put the maps in the correct lay out for low to high end fueling and boost scales ...
so you wanna flash a 225 tt file to a awm? you do realise the turbo size, injectors, maf are all the wrong size also  the bam is a euro version same with the apy. the apy is a narrowband 512kb file and will brick your ecu if you try and cross flash that. the bam has immo and your awm doesnt so if you cross flash that file not only will it not start from immo but you wont be able to flash back because immo will be active. cross flashing is not a good idea and considering you have no idea what you are doing id spend more time reading. look at the community 1.8t threads for a starting point and no you can t cross flash that file ether its for a b6 and the ecu has a different bootrom 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
doublerwest

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 03:22:19 PM »

so you wanna flash a 225 tt file to a awm? you do realise the turbo size, injectors, maf are all the wrong size also  the bam is a euro version same with the apy. the apy is a narrowband 512kb file and will brick your ecu if you try and cross flash that. the bam has immo and your awm doesnt so if you cross flash that file not only will it not start from immo but you wont be able to flash back because immo will be active. cross flashing is not a good idea and considering you have no idea what you are doing id spend more time reading. look at the community 1.8t threads for a starting point and no you can t cross flash that file ether its for a b6 and the ecu has a different bootrom 

well that helps alittle on in the knowledge well ideally id have a same version software u.s. specs tt file with same version 05.12 bin file and immo has been removed..And i have collected tt injectors maf housing and what not but didnt know it was narrow band ill have to look around for wide band files on tt

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »

OO i forgot thank you for the tid bits of info marty!

W357
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 03:30:45 PM »

tho the immo is off in the awm its not in the tt file it will not work it will not run from the immo. additionally youll end up with a code for eeprom error. also some roandom eprom and eeprom files dont work with each other. youll get a random brick 2 or 3 key cycles in   

doublerwest

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 03:30:56 PM »

Also my car had an immo I dont know why but it sure had one.

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 03:33:32 PM »

tho the immo is off in the awm its not in the tt file it will not work it will not run from the immo. additionally youll end up with a code for eeprom error. also some roandom eprom and eeprom files dont work with each other. youll get a random brick 2 or 3 key cycles in   
Ok awesome thats exactly the info that i was needing to hear! Thank you you have been a tremendous help.

W357
BlackT

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 03:50:42 PM »

Any A4/A6/passat  ECU with bootrom 5.12 version can be crossflashed with BAM file
doublerwest

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 11:39:35 AM »

Any A4/A6/passat  ECU with bootrom 5.12 version can be crossflashed with BAM file
Thanks man you rock I had a funny feeling it would work something to that degree just needed a nudge in the direction....

W357
Blazius

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »

Well, as long as its a turbo hardware, ofcourse.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: