Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Author Topic: 2001 Audi A4 with 2.7 single turbo swap  (Read 173343 times)
marcellus

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »

WOW! the guy that wrote my tune, or flashed my tune is a member on this forum.  I compared the tune he posted that he runs on his car to the one I had on mine and just WOW!  not even close.  Imma erase his company name from my thread.....and just say my setup just didnt run well with the tune.
jibberjive

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:34 PM »

What is the diameter/manufacturer of the maf housing that you are going to put on?
marcellus

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:09 PM »

85mm 034
jibberjive

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 01:26:29 AM »

What injectors are you using?

With that MAF, you're probably better off starting with either Tony's or BerTTo's stage 3 tune as your base file (they're both using 85mm MAF housings, IIRC), rather than starting with a stage 2 file.
marcellus

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »

I am using the 630's.  I have a buddy that is semi local that has sent me his stg 3 tune to start off with.  I did all of the readiness tweaks to it last night, swapped the injectors, and gave it s shot.  My setup isnt complete hardware-wise, so I take it easy.  I still need to finish up my inlet so I can run it with MAF.  Also, I need to get a definite way to run the n75 to a external wg.  

I was running the stg 1 tune so I can exclude that variable and hopefully get the car registered.  The stg 2 tunes purpose was to troubleshoot the stg 1 tune and because I didnt want to add the 630cc injectors in the mix until I had an idea of what was going on.  It is a motor swap first and foremost.  I didn't want too many unknown variables making me waste time and money.  I assumed the stg 1 Tune would have been solid and would eliminate the possibility of any tune realted issues in the intitial stages of me running the motor in my car.  It's purpose was just to get the car running so I can check everything over before moving to another tune.  Hell, I really wanted a completely stock file with just emissions deleted.  Once registered I was going to flash the stg 3 file and tweak from there.  At that point I would really be able to get some logs, versus hoping I dont run into the law and have to explain why I am driving around in a car with tabs that expired a year ago.

If my was was a S4 to begin with, yeah, I would have flashed the stg 3 file and got right to business.  Right now I have my own issues that I think are specific to my build only and not a S4 or a A4.  I am only telling you guys of the engine tune related issues have.  Other things that still need answers are:  why the speedo still isnt working? do I need to have my cluster recoded?  What is the open circuit to my N75...along with about 3 other faults, and are they because of an actual bad part or because I havent done something and the ecu is pissed beacuse it is looking for something S4 specific and I forgot to graft it over?  Everyday more and more issues get resolved.  You have to see the videos I have on you tube of the first start.  It was terrible, but it ran.  Fast forward to now and you can see the progress.  But, I wasted a LOT of time trying to troubleshoot the drivablity issue I was having only to find out it was the variable that I didnt want added to the mix.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:55:40 AM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »

Today I hooked up the N75 and Tried to finish up my inlet.  I am not really liking how it is turning out.  I spent some time trying to adjust the PID (KFLDRL).  I am getting massive throttle cut and wanted to get the N75 in line.  I also changed out the KFMIRL for a map that has a bit lower values closer to the stg2++ tune.   I couldnt get the car to boost past 5psi in first or second, and then in third there wasnt any more TC.  I didnt have any throttle cut on he 2++ tune, and I felt that in between the two files would be a good starting point so I stole Snow Trooper's KFMIRL.   

After I am able to get into boost without throttle cut in my not so jackass in the neighborhood gears, I will get some logs posted.  Still trying to get the o2 to pass emmisions.  On a side note I also tied the signal wire from the two o2 sensors together so the ecu is reading from one sensor for the 2 banks. 

I want to start making changes to my timing in the lower regions.  KFZW/KFZW2?  I am comparing the troopers timing to the file I have.  It looks like he was able to add quite a bit more timing up top.  I wont get into that are and leave it on the safe side for now.  I still need to upgrade my intercooler.
jibberjive

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 11:56:33 PM »

It is a motor swap first and foremost.  I didn't want too many unknown variables making me waste time and money.  ... I wasted a LOT of time trying to troubleshoot the drivablity issue I was having only to find out it was the variable that I didnt want added to the mix.
If you're looking to keep make it a straight engine swap first, you should have the stock injectors in, not the 630cc.  Trying to run big injectors on a stock, stage 1, or stage 2 tune is likely going to be terrible to use as a base tune to try to sort other drivability issues out.
marcellus

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 05:36:01 AM »

When I was running the stg 1 and 2 tunes I had all the stock hardware in. I just switched in the 630's and the 85mm when I flashed to stg 3
marcellus

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 08:08:49 PM »

I know you guys are going to ask for logs, but I have something going on and I am not exactly sure where to start.  Maybe if I can give a description you can point me in the right direction.

First of all I am using a Holset HE351VE.  It's a variable geometry turbo.  Currently I am using a 7 psi internal wastegate actuator to move the vanes from full closed to wide.  My setup will start spooling really early in the rpms, around 2.5k.  After the actuator starts moving, I dont know when it actually starts cracking, the boost will continue to build very quickly as the VGT opens up fully.  

I am using 304ss 1 1/4"  sched 10 piping for my log style manifolds and they merge to a 1 1/2" sched 10 pipe crossover that meets at the turbine inlet.  I chose this side for the manifolds to aid in spooling.  My exhaust is 3" from the turbo back.  I am running a small tube style catalytic converter and two mufflers.  

Here's a vid of when my car was 4cyl and I was running this turbo.  
http://s360.photobucket.com/albums/oo43/SpeedWorksAutoTuning/stroker%20build/?action=view&current=SNC00473.mp4

I tuned that car via Maestro.  I never got it dynoed since the motor got wiped out with road debris and a broken oil pan.  I refused to build another 4cyl and still only get 400awhp when the 2.7 guys are making high 400's without even building the motor.  There is a local guy that is AMD tuned on 605's and he dynoed at like 492awhp.

marcellus

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »

Now, when I was 4 cyl my car would actually start spooling around the same rpm with this same turbo when I was tuning it.  On this motor I build boost around the same rpms's for right now.  I am a little bit disappointed with that for right now, but I am sure as I tune I can get it much better. The thing that is really getting me is the throttle cut as the boost comes on in 1st and 2nd.  If a I am at WOT all is well, but when I am slowly adding the pedal, it seems as if the ecm doesnt like it under part throttle situations and will cut the throttle until I go WOT and let it go. 

I am looking at a few tunes trying to get a good refernce as to where to start.  When I had the stock injectors in and ran the stg 2++ tune ther wasnt any throttle cut whatsoever.  I was flipping back and forth between the stg 3 stune I have in my ecm, Berttos stg 3 tune, Snow Troopers singe turbo file and 2++.  From what I have read I am thinking it has to do with the KMFIRL, LDRXN and KFMIOP. 
marcellus

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »

KFMIOP:  Current tune, Berttos stg 3, 2++ file

My current tune does not have the map scaled the same as as Bert's tune, but Berts tune still gave me throttle cut when I flashed it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:07:42 PM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »

KFMIRL:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:16:22 PM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:54 PM »

More cleaning this weekend:

Snow Trooper

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »

I bet your car is making more than requested too early due to your variable turbo.  I wish you were local because I could try to help you better.  I dont fully understand your hardware setup but here is a crack at a file for you to possibly help.  it has a lot of things loosened up so you can hopefully get the car spooling sooner like it is supposed to without consequences.

I left your injector krkte and tvub stuff stock, put in what has been working for you.  Obviously this isnt fine tuned for you.  If you could get me logs it would really help.  Even just logs showing your boost vs requested.  Your wastegate thing is going to be hard to tune on the n75 IMHO because of the variable geometry.  As always use this at your own risk because I am doing some things here for you based on your crazy setup.  I do not have a variable nor have I messed with an variable setup on motronic.  The timing is near stock to get you moving without much risk.  Pay attention to your wideband and emulated data (I notice in the last pic you are no longer running the two oems)!!!!!  Take this, setup your krkte with your values, go out and start softly, if it keep cutting get back to me with some info on the conditions and we can go from there.

Happy tuning man

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
s5fourdoor

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »

yo, definitely change your kfmiop and kfmirl to use the linked project, below, set to big turbo.
the kfmirl and kfmiop's you showed there are for mid-rpm turbos, right?  dual-k04's with mid-rpm response.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1371.0title=

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: