Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: MED 17.X  (Read 37610 times)
jpi512

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »

hi........
the PG units for single user that i see, only work with crypted files. then you cant use your file. because work in"slave mode". but may be you have another type of PG units............
i work with PG slave units (single user) with some special coustomers......

about rumours, i dont say that PG can work on MED 17.5.2 or newer ecus (tprot). i say that its posible read/write MED17 -17.5 ecus ( i post 2 files )
today i have a vw gti mk6 with med17.5 and read/write perfect by OBD2 with CMD tool, this car is new, year 2012 (in my country). the car have 2 months. at the same time i post one file from vw vento (jetta) 6, that have med17.5.2 (tprot) ecu.with my CMD i can read by obd2, but for write no way "bad seed/key error" then only way is similar BDM system.
i dont have to create here conflicts. only try to colaborate in some way with people that try to play with these new ecus

jpi
Gonzo

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »

OK now I understand. Yes CMD can do 2012 GTI but its also a lot of $$
I wonder why they are always the firsts in cracking ECU's  Roll Eyes

PWG has MED17 listed but good luck trying it on a TP ECU.
Gonzo

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 02:02:17 PM »

PS: Sorry for the misunderstanding
Joe_Jinkx

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »

Tool is cheap as it is. Why are you trying to crack it?
Its ~$300USD for a single car version. If you are working on your own car, this is all you need.

Also, there is no tool that will read any MED17 ECU with TP over the OBD2 port as of yet, so please stop spreading false rumors. I have a few Powergate units and they do not work on 2012 VW's with MED17.

So is the CMD tool the only one that can read the full ROM? And yes I know you have to crack the ECU open to use it Wink

Joe
IamwhoIam

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

So is the CMD tool the only one that can read the full ROM? And yes I know you have to crack the ECU open to use it Wink

Joe

Of course it isn't the only tool that can read the full ROM. Besides, when you read a tricore CPU in boot with CMD, the file you save only shows you the data area, not program code.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Joe_Jinkx

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »

Of course it isn't the only tool that can read the full ROM. Besides, when you read a tricore CPU in boot with CMD, the file you save only shows you the data area, not program code.

Then how do people dump the full ROM?. I have a see an few posted and they have all the different segments. Init, flash, calibration and program?

I though it was done with the CMD tool.

Joe
RaraK

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 06:30:52 AM »

theres more than one tool for the job, bsl100, cmd, galletto2(not sure), x17.

There are others, like ktag, but it wont read it all out for you, just program data as far as i know.
Bazil_mb

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

k-tag read all, or data depends what if you want.
Regards
Joe_Jinkx

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

Thanks for you replies. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a CMD tool.

Joe
fredrik_a

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:13 AM »

I'm sure this is yesterdays news, but it seems like some car manufacturers have closed the door permanently on newer cars. Being a Volvo owner, boot mode is no longer possible on new vehicles.

http://www.evc.de/en/product/bsl/default.asp

In Volvos case, one can always use Volvo original tool VIDA to reprogram the units, but VIDA is very expensive, and is an online tool that requires a service subscription and this is not sold to individuals nor tuning companies so for new Volvo, we have hit a dead end (for now).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:51:21 AM by fredrik_a » Logged
gonzarace

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 08:21:13 AM »

You guys also need the proper documentation. Trying to tune MED9 or MED17 without having the proper knowledge is like trying to make a carburetor work on a diesel engine. (Yes it can be done, but results won't be great).

im interested in this documentation!!! iwant to know med17 a I have a tuning workshop and I want to improve my files in this ecu
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: