Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: KFMIRL & KFMIOP (done to death, I know)  (Read 27640 times)
Blazius

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 04:19:15 AM »

How about giving advice when you actually have experience with the topic at hand?

F23 runs 1.5 bar relative (2500mbar absolute) in the midrange just fine. If your engine is CR9.0 or lower, then it's reasonable to do so as well.
If it is higher CR then probably want to keep the boost a bit lower.

IRL/IOP, it is enough to change last column/axis point, since you're not recalibrating torque anyway.

sigh. But he has stock engine, stock pistons and stock rods. so what I am saying coincides ...
IWay

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 05:24:56 AM »

All,

Tried the wizard settings at 1.4Bar (see attached) and it ran like c**p, really bad didn't idle properly very lumpy whilst driving. Took it for a very short drive to see if it would run better at higher revs, it didn't. I didn't have the confidence to floor it so brought it back in.

I reverted to the map I was running and have done another couple of 3rd gear pulls, after looking at the logs, I think I'm nearly there as far as maxing out the capabilities of the stock ECU without going to the 5120 hack (which is the aim for now).

From what I can see the desired boost is being limited by the KFLDHBN - I can change this.

The actual boost around 3000 rpm is a little over the desired boost, but after 3750 rpm the actual boost falls away from the desired boost.

Any ideas how I might maintain the boost further through the rev range?

- I've looked at the wastegateduty cycle - its max out at 95%
- The AFR actual is following the desired - may be running slightly rich as I have changed the LAMFA

I've attached the;

- Current running map, change log & 2 3rd gear pull logs
- Wizard map, change log & running log

Any suggestions most appreciated

Thanks
IWay

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 07:54:30 AM »

All,

Changed the LAMFA back to stock and set the KFDHBN to 3 across the board, it's a little better (see attached log).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:05:24 AM by IWay » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 08:58:03 AM »

From what I can see the desired boost is being limited by the KFLDHBN - I can change this.

The actual boost around 3000 rpm is a little over the desired boost, but after 3750 rpm the actual boost falls away from the desired boost.

Any ideas how I might maintain the boost further through the rev range?

- I've looked at the wastegateduty cycle - its max out at 95%

Those 4 statements conflict with each other.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IWay

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »

Do they Huh

From the screen shot of the log it can be seen that from about 3700 rpm the actual boost falls way from the desired boost. I'm trying to establish why this is and how to rectify it, if it's possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Blazius

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:40 AM »

Do they Huh

From the screen shot of the log it can be seen that from about 3700 rpm the actual boost falls way from the desired boost. I'm trying to establish why this is and how to rectify it, if it's possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

LDRXN or HBN it should be.if iop and irl is setup correct. Im confused though, is that screenshot from stock map or me7wizard map ?, if you use wizard you have to change everything, KFMIRL, KFPED(if u want), KFMIOP and KFZWOP.

Also you didnt generate low load, dont leave 0 there, and you need to play with agressiveness of the generator. I also dont know if you rescaled KFZWOP using the builting calculator if you clicked "suggest axis for kfmiop" if so you need to put ur original kfzwop and axis in, to get the generated one.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:45:20 AM by Blazius » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 10:13:02 AM »

Do they Huh

Any ideas?

Thanks

Your wastegate is maxed at 95%

Why are you worried about an HBN your turbo will NEVER get to, and is way past the literal max the ECU can handle?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IWay

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 11:07:09 AM »

The screen shot is from my own V004 map, which is doing as I expect apart from the boost falling off at 3700rpm. If I can maintain the boost at or over 22PSI through to around 5500rpm I'll be happy for now as this was the first aim.

Any ideas why the boost is falling off at 3700rpm?

Thanks
Blazius

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »

The screen shot is from my own V004 map, which is doing as I expect apart from the boost falling off at 3700rpm. If I can maintain the boost at or over 22PSI through to around 5500rpm I'll be happy for now as this was the first aim.

Any ideas why the boost is falling off at 3700rpm?

Thanks

Read above.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 02:45:01 PM »

If I can maintain the boost at or over 22PSI through to around 5500rpm I'll be happy for now as this was the first aim.

What on earth makes you think that your turbo can do that, especially since you literally have a log of what happens at 95% wgdc?

Please, step away from the car and do some reading :/

ECUx Plot

BlackT

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 05:20:08 PM »

Is that F23 turbo?
IWay

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 01:49:37 AM »

Thanks for your inputs,

- I don’t think it's LDRXN - the EngineLoadCorrected\Requested is way above the EngineLoad
- I know it's not the KFLDHBN - set it to 3 just to make sure
- It is an F23 (That's what it said on the box and you can see that the turbine blades are not stock K04)
- I was suspecting that the Turbo might be running out of puff (I did note that the wastegate was maxing out at 95% earlier in the thread)

The above said;

- When would a F23 be expected to run out of puff?
- When the revs are doubled do you need double the air flow for the same amount of boost (logic says yes, but is it linear)?
                                   IE 10psi boost at 3000rpm = 50g\s would 10psi boost at 6000rpm = 100g\s?
- What tuning tricks are there to eke out the boost for a little further up the rev range, fuelling\timing?
- At a guess and from experience how much difference does a FMIC make, as the car just has the 2 stock IC's at the moment?
- At a guess and from experience how much difference does a big TIP make, as the car just has an ebay special at the moment?

Thanks

Also the car is going really good at the moment Smiley
BlackT

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 03:33:33 AM »

My K04 could produce more boost. I think that F23 schould be better
adam-

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 03:58:46 AM »

Requesting 0.95 lambda and trying to run 22psi on shite SMICs and not logging knock?  Man, you're brave.

Log knock, add way more fuel, log timing. 

You're at 95% DC.  You will not make any more boost with any map change.
IWay

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2019, 05:14:41 AM »

You know what they say,

"who dares normally ends up at the side of the road waiting for the AA"

Not brave just inexpericened.

I did have the fueling set to 0.90.. @4000 going to 0.78.. @6500 at WOT, but it appeared to keep the boost a little longer when I changed it back to stock, 1.... except WOT which is 0.9532, what fuelling would you sugguest as a starting point and then add more fuel or take fuel a way?

I did log the knock and it is knocking see screen shot.

How to stop\reduce the knocking?

- Fuel - I'll put some Shell V-Power 99 RON in it, plus the AFR changes
- Timing - What should I be logging and what should I be changing and by how much is a reasonable amount to start.
- Engine wise nothing really going to happen here as the only things that aren't new or haven't been rebuilt are the rods, pistons, crank & oil pump.
- FMIC & Big TIP, any idea of how much difference either of these could make and I'm I correct in thinking that you can go to big on the FMIC?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: