Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone with aha 98 2.8l experience?  (Read 3034 times)
Richharr

« on: July 10, 2019, 08:39:31 AM »

I have been googling and searching but I feel like i’m chasing my tail. Every tuner says they don't do anything with this ecu . I cant find definition files either, am I wasting countless hours? I just want to delete the emissions stuff since the car no longer requires it in my state. And add launch control just because. Anyone successfully flash this ecu? If so pm me so I can pick your brain. I have a spare ecu to play around with and its confirmed good. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:53:38 AM »

There isn't much on it because you can't really get more power out of NA motors with ECU tuning alone.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Richharr

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 09:00:57 AM »

I’m not looking for map changes. I just want to get rid of the junk. It’s just my beater car, and a really good beater. I am on the lookout for a v8 a6 parts car so maybe I’ll just live with it till then. Hopefully someone here sees this in the meantime that can help. Thanks nyet
Blazius

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »

I’m not looking for map changes. I just want to get rid of the junk. It’s just my beater car, and a really good beater. I am on the lookout for a v8 a6 parts car so maybe I’ll just live with it till then. Hopefully someone here sees this in the meantime that can help. Thanks nyet

I have some experience now with na soft and converted fi, though 1.8 yes. There is one me 7.1 2.8 30v partial mappack around. What are you looking for , and you can forget about LC for now.
Richharr

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 10:28:20 AM »

The launch control would have been nice for giggles now and again, but at this point I want to get rid of the nonsense. I tend to leave the codes for a while and they camouflage the fact that something else could be going on. That stuff was so easy to code out on my other cars but they also have huge tuner support. This car will be a project in a year or so but I’d like to ditch all the non-essential stuff now and clean up the engine bay. I have a spare ecu if you think you might want to take a crack at it, worst case is its bricked and it was free anyway, best case, we can throw the info on here and help the community. I wouldnt want to go through the trouble of converting to me7.1 even though I do have one in my draw. Do you know who has it and are they on the forum?
Blazius

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »

The launch control would have been nice for giggles now and again, but at this point I want to get rid of the nonsense. I tend to leave the codes for a while and they camouflage the fact that something else could be going on. That stuff was so easy to code out on my other cars but they also have huge tuner support. This car will be a project in a year or so but I’d like to ditch all the non-essential stuff now and clean up the engine bay. I have a spare ecu if you think you might want to take a crack at it, worst case is its bricked and it was free anyway, best case, we can throw the info on here and help the community. I wouldnt want to go through the trouble of converting to me7.1 even though I do have one in my draw. Do you know who has it and are they on the forum?

Well, if its the early 2.8 then I cant help you sorry, i dont even know what kind of ECU's those run. Also the 2.8 is not a great platform to tune. A good challange would be to turbocharge it but why ? The internals arent as strong as the 2.7, the engine bay is very cramped, aswell as other things.

The mappack is on ecuconnections and you need a few posts to download it ,but I am sure there is one public one somewhere if you search enough, or maybe Marty or someone can post one here.
macxxx

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »

AHA I think is M3.8.2 or something like that - so any map packs from me7.1 will be useless...
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 05:13:40 PM »

AHA I think is M3.8.2 or something like that - so any map packs from me7.1 will be useless...
M5.92

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: