Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Load setting for Knock Correction?  (Read 4698 times)
bamofo

« on: July 18, 2019, 10:26:24 AM »

Looking for the table i should be referencing that has a minimum load threshold for when it will retard timing... If its possible just the table reference will do. ME7.1.1 or any and ill reference it back to 7.1.1...

Looking to trim out lite tip in knock when i come from high timing at cruise into lite AVCS with ramped down timing.

im either going to find how to disable below a load threshold... or im going to add more fuel on tipin and see whats up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
bamofo

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 10:38:39 AM »

Tested LKRAN and LKRN with no luck.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:47:35 PM by bamofo » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 10:19:30 PM »

Add fuel or pull timing. i'd avoid numbing KR unless you have a dyno, cans, and know how to use them.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:16:22 AM »

Add fuel or pull timing. i'd avoid numbing KR unless you have a dyno, cans, and know how to use them.

Suggestion on which tip-in map to start tooling with as they aren't super straight forward? Timing didn't seem to make a difference as it happens when im coming from 41 degrees or from 28 degrees.... it seems whenever i introduce AVCS it pings, or the computer thinks it is. the timing it pulls goes right away step on it or not. Pulls to redline WOT also do not pull timing...

Only happens when ive had low load and give it more then 15-20% throttle which starts to activate AVCS. and not the on/off AVCS of the B5... i would have just moved that out farther..

Since i do have access to both Det-cans and a Dyno, where is the numbing...

I looked at LKRAN and LKRN which were the load-signal thresholds... but the scaling for the axis im not sure if its uPM across the top... or load... my guess would be uPM... I bumped the raw values on that up from 40 to 70 for my test and 50 - 72 for the adaptive to see if it would stop recognizing or stop reporting back feedback but no dice...

I also dont have the scaling for the raw values... so just noodling around to see how the car reacts since its only pulling 1.5 when it does that... probably isn't even a problem... i was just looking for a way to remove that all together.

Thanks for the response so far. if you have any other info on the tip in tables or where i should look for the LKRAN and LKRN scaling i will figure out the rest and report back.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 01:37:46 PM »

LAMFA/LAMFAWKR is all you should need. If you can't solve the problem with those, and pulling timing, you have something else very wrong with your setup and/or terrible gas.

As a last resort you can try dropping the CR a bit with a thicker head gasket.

I HIGHLY discourage numbing KR, unless you know for a fact you have an unusually noisy valvetrain or something else that would skew knock sensor readings.

Also, by AVCR i assume you mean VVT?

AVCR is an unfortunate term because it usually means the APEXi EBC....

Anyway, if you don't have a wideband, now is the time to get one. Post up logs so we can see real AFR during spool, cam timing change, and peak torque.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

LAMFA/LAMFAWKR is all you should need. If you can't solve the problem with those, and pulling timing, you have something else very wrong with your setup and/or terrible gas.

As a last resort you can try dropping the CR a bit with a thicker head gasket.

I HIGHLY discourage numbing KR, unless you know for a fact you have an unusually noisy valvetrain or something else that would skew knock sensor readings.

Also, by AVCR i assume you mean VVT?

AVCR is an unfortunate term because it usually means the APEXi EBC....

Anyway, if you don't have a wideband, now is the time to get one. Post up logs so we can see real AFR during spool, cam timing change, and peak torque.

AVCR = No wasnt talking about that, correct term is AVCS. sorry stupid Subaru term. VVT yes.
Wideband = Yes have it its showing the same AFR that Bank 1/2 are showing me depending on which pipe i stick it in.

AFR Demand in LAMFA, it was my understand that was for OL-Drive... this is CL driving that im seeing the issue, is not OL-Drive.

There is no spool up this is a B6 S4 its just me trying to not run 50 degrees AVCS at cruise all the time for stupid emissions. So When i redid the VVT for a proper running motor 0 VVT and then roll into VVT depending on throttle demand it could be 40 degrees at WOT tapering away up top... But this condition only happens when VVT is just turning on... so it will be 0-15 degrees VVT and a single knock event each time. Its such low load at that point that im not really worried even if it does ping once in a while... AFR depending on how aggressive i pedal it is from 14.7 to 13.8... doesn't seem to matter.

So when i say i want to numb the Knock correction and adaption at super low load... i really mean i want to numb it :-) Thanks for the help so far. Ill keep poking through the logic for what im looking to do.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 08:44:58 PM »

If you changed VVT and it is causing knock you should be pulling timing, not numbing KR

Also sorry; i totally misread AVCR/AVCS Smiley

ECUx Plot

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 03:14:38 AM »

Raise KFKEF
bamofo

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 09:25:30 AM »

Raise KFKEF

edit #5...
Looks like there is one per cylinder. IS the axis Throttle / uPM ? Also is there a known scaling i can start with. Im using .75 from misfire load scaling and that seems to give me good values... Just looking for what the Axis confirmation
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:12:55 AM by bamofo » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 11:13:15 AM »

rl vs nmot
bamofo

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 11:48:43 AM »

rl vs nmot

Then what the heck are the values in the table... I thought they were load thresholds...

note: changing the values up makes it more sensitive..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:24:25 PM by bamofo » Logged
bamofo

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 11:52:00 AM »

If you changed VVT and it is causing knock you should be pulling timing, not numbing KR

Also sorry; i totally misread AVCR/AVCS Smiley

I took out 5 degrees timing in that area then 8 degrees in that area. Still shows up as knock when VVT turns on... im thinking any high ramp of VVT is going to show up as false knock on this 4.2..
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 12:33:08 PM »

Then ya, looks like you will have to numb kr Sad

ECUx Plot

bamofo

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »

Then ya, looks like you will have to numb kr Sad

Meh its only 1.5 degree. Ive reflashed a few times now and it seems to help a little.. but not worth messing with after all.

In the end i used LKRAN and LKRN in the correct RPM Ranges and the False knock went away. Confirmed that VVT is the issue by reflashing another S4. His has a badly engaging clutch and the VVT noise.. fun fun.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:11:33 AM by bamofo » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: