Pages: [1]
Author Topic: P1335 Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded -> Big Turbo Mk1 TT  (Read 4783 times)
199X

Greetings,

I tuned this vehicle about 1.5 years ago, and it made good power (+- 450 bhp), and was daily driven since then.   The owner then brought it back for a head rebuild, valves, retainers, still stock cams though.  He also had a custom intake manifold made up in this time to fit an Audi A3 3.2 throttle body.  The specs are:

BAM Motor
ADR Big-Port Head
Custom Big-Port Manifold
Audi A3 3.2 Throttle Body
ID1050X Injectors at 4 bar Base Pressure
AEM Adjustable FPR
100 mm Intake with Integrated MAF housing
Custom Tubular Manifold with EWG
GT3076R turbo

The only differences from its previous working state are:

Head with valves/springs/retainers
Intake Manifold
100 mm MAF housing (scaled in)
A3 3.2 TB

I've scaled in 100 mm MAF housings on other BT builds with no such issues, as well as built heads and custom manifolds.  The only thing that stands out is that this is the first time I've used a larger TB.   From my reading, when using the MAF, there are no mandatory changes necessary for the larger TB.  It drives, starts and idles perfectly, but after a pull to 7000 rpm+ it will throw the above error code and put the car into limp mode.  Boost when this occurs is around 2300/2400 mbar.

KFMIRL/MIOP is the same as before, enough load requested and properly correlated etc.  I've tried maxing out KFMIZUOF/KFMIZUFIL, to no avail, presumably as that is for Torque Mon Level 1.  I've tried a number of other torque related edits, but it returns each time.

Has anyone had any similar experience with this fault code?  The only other codes are a Signal Too Low knock sensor error (iffy plug, being sorted out now).

The MAF is underscaled to keep ps_w in check under peak load.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:48:38 AM by 199X » Logged
199X

As per MasterJ

KFMIZUFIL -> FFs
KFMIZUOF -> 00s
KFMIZUNS -> FFs
KFMI_UM -> updated to reflect KFMIOP
KFMPNS_UM -> FFs
KFMDZOF_UM -> FFs
KFMPED_UM -> FFS

I will try all of these as a last resort, but I would much prefer to find the actual cause of this.
littco

As per MasterJ

I will try all of these as a last resort, but I would much prefer to find the actual cause of this.

Its been a while but pretty sure all of those maps need FF and specifically "KFMI_UM -> updated to reflect KFMIOP" needs doing.

Which software version are you running?
Blazius

I've had this issue with my custom setup. If you want to disable it you need to FF the maps above except the UM ones. Do not touch those. Atleast for my case.

This error is because your torque exceeds the maximum allowed value for a set position(KFMIZUFIL/Of). however this can only happen if you disabled level 1 intervention(like with cwmdapp) such as ignition and throttle cut or you got hella messed up tune, so you should take a look at that.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:51:35 AM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

More information for this phenomenon:

basically, the maximum permitted torque for intervention comes from KFMIZUOF and KFMIZUFIL. The sum of these 2 maps provides the maximum indicated torque allowed(miszul_w).
This is used to eliminate any issues , like the one you are facing sometimes when this value is compared to the internally calculated rough torque value.

This function can be disabled by writing 99.6% to all points in KFMIZUOF, changing UFIL and UNS too. If you put the same values in UNS and UFIL , you need to put -48 C in the following temp thresholds:TMNSMN , TANSMN.
This disables both charge and ignition based intervention. Now this can lead to safety fuel cut intervention via the monitoring in the case by some black magic , the internally rough calculated value exceeds 99.6% maximum torque.

If this doesnt fix it, you will have to change the actual torque monitoring function. The reason I said dont change these yet is because before these areas werent included in checksum range, so you would brick your ecu( in 2017 if I am reading right) I am not sure if this is still the case, maybe someone can correct me on that if not.

prj

The only reason you have any issue with this is because IRL/IOP are not set correctly.
I've never ever changed any of these maps and never ever got any torque monitoring codes...

Draw your own conclusions.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

The only reason you have any issue with this is because IRL/IOP are not set correctly.
I've never ever changed any of these maps and never ever got any torque monitoring codes...

Draw your own conclusions.

Same.

Torque intervention is covered quite extensively in the s4wiki page.

If you properly tune IOP/IRL you will never see level 1 interventions, which means you will never see level 2 interventions either.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: