Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Flash memory validation failed  (Read 7631 times)
BlackT

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »

OK thanks for the info. I have not seen this info. in any of the threads that I have read on Nef and that is a lot of threads.  Wink  Do you know what prevents the later ECUs from being read and how the mpps or Galletto cables are able to read them?

What is different about mpps vs. a K-line vs. Galletto cables other than some included software? I'd like to be able to get into boot mode and have the ability to salvage a bricked ECU which I understand Galletto can do but I can't find any Win 10 cable drivers as it looks like no one has bothered to create them.

Thanks for any help.
I don't think even galleto or mpps can read it via OBD, only boot mode.
Try this method  http://blog.obdexpress.co.uk/2018/09/13/how-to-install-fgtech-galleto-on-windows10/
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »

Thanks for the info. It's always fun working with Win 10...  Cry
bamofo

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 04:59:48 PM »

Looking at the top of that ECU on ebay... it looks like 7.1.1 which you cant reflash with nefmoto software. You will need galletto and the eeprom reader tool that does work on your ECU.

Boot mode may be needed to reflash both EEPROM and ROM.. But you should be able to grab the rom with Galleto in read mode. If you have trouble on formatting with the tools in dos just do --help. it gives great examples.
Blazius

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »

Mpps does bootmode R&W on st10
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 06:56:08 PM »

Looking at the top of that ECU on ebay... it looks like 7.1.1 which you cant reflash with nefmoto software. You will need galletto and the eeprom reader tool that does work on your ECU.

Nef can flash 7.1.1 just not ST10

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 11:33:33 AM »

Nef can flash 7.1.1 just not ST10

I've actually been working through this and it can flash it your correct but the current version doesn't close out the ECU right and doesn't update the EEPROM correctly (with Full Write Mode). I have to do a (Diff Write) to get it to work. Only way i can support writing to the ECU. But the Blue cables sometimes suck... so ive started using an openport 1.3U with great luck.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 11:35:10 AM »

I've actually been working through this and it can flash it your correct but the current version doesn't close out the ECU right and doesn't update the EEPROM correctly (with Full Write Mode). I have to do a (Diff Write) to get it to work. Only way i can support writing to the ECU. But the Blue cables sometimes suck... so ive started using an openport 1.3U with great luck.

Do you have enough knowledge to dig through the nef source code and help fix it?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: