Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Crossflash Question: Polo GTI 9n3 1.8T  (Read 9603 times)
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 06:14:57 AM »

No matter what edition it is
If the ecu code the same then software should be the same

Yours just giac patched
Probably for using with crypto chip soldered inside ecu
Noread mark it's just dumb winols copy protection lol

It's all about st1 this file. No need to giac software here
armaan

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 02:49:09 AM »

Thank you for your reply good sir. Lemme try and understand this You are saying the ecu was tuned with a GIAC file?
Does it come with performance increase or is it just a patch like you said? Why would they just patch it rather than do a performance file like a stage 1. Because the car did come with am uograded TIP & Forge DV.

Or do you reckon it was returned back to stock when it was in Japan?

It is indeed a difference of perception that brings about our and others reality.
DonkeyDub

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 11:29:49 PM »

Aye Armaan hope all is well,

You are saying the ecu was tuned with a GIAC file?
Does it come with performance increase   

Yes a Giac tuned file gives a performance increase.

Some tuners will install devices/software to prevent you from taking a copy of their file.

I Believe this is what Fukenbroken is referring to, flash or read a file that is protected by the tuner could retaliates with a brick.

Yours just giac patched
Probably for using with crypto chip soldered inside ecu     

It is a mistake to just copy and paste one files hex to another.

If this method was used or the copied file was unknown, I think this is what bricked your ecu but I am just another noobie.

Long Story Short: As long as both were 06A906032TL the 180HP file would have worked on mine directly.
In this case I bricked my ECU because I didnt realise that the cup edition I had taken the file from, was a GIAC file with a noread function on it.

\If one is going to copy data between files, atleast know what they stand for.

Knowledge is power!

Alot of 06A906032 are flash interchangeable but Hex wise the addresses between them vary.

Flashing an unknown file or doing unknown is an easy way to brick an ecu or cause mechanical damage.

Best off to start with your Original file, get definitions and build it from there.

How did you progress with this?

Cheers Armaan

armaan

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 01:23:29 PM »

Sorry I dont know how I missed this.

Thanks for your reply @DonkeyDub.

The progress update with this:
Managed to unbrick my ecu and flash it back to stock using Galletto + bootmode.

This file is indeed a GIAC file, and it wasnt 180HP, as I drove other cup editions and they were significantly slower than this one,
(now we will never find out, since then the new owner has reflashed to Stage 1).

In my (noob) analysis of that GIAC file,
It seemed that it had a NOREAD code in it *facepalm*, should have seen that argh.

The way they tuned this file was quite interesting, have not managed to see another style like it here on Nefmoto, though I know the legends know how to do it.

The file had -7.5 to -10 timing pull on WOT (VERY BAD), and I dont understand how an entire tuning company could make such a bad file.

The maps that were surprisingly similar between the GIAC file and stock:
LDRXN/_ZK
LAMFA

The maps that werent similar:
KFMIRL
KFMIOP axis
KFLDRXO
TLDOBAN
LDORXN
UADPLMX

KFMIOP load axis was increased but limited to 177.
KFMIRL was increased into the bare 200s in the higher range.
KFLDRXO was completely Zero'd.
TLDOBAN was completely Zero'd.
LDORXN was set to 127.5 in all except the first column.
UADPLMX was set to 4.98V (stock is 4.88V)

and while logging it pulled about -7.5 to -10 timing, but I chalked that up to that fact that the car was running more boost but stock LAMFA.
Something else I discovered while logging was that Desired Boost followed KFMIRL rather than LDRXN

Am I right to assume that under overboost, the ecu is more likely to follow KFMIRL values?
and am I right to assume that if we set the KFLDRXO, TLDOBAN, LDORXN and UADPLMX values as above, then we activate overboost mode indefinitely?

Anyway the above is just what I found, me as a noob. Thought I'd check in on this thread rather than leaving it dry.

Thanks everyone for your contributions, learned quite a lot. Smiley

It is indeed a difference of perception that brings about our and others reality.
DonkeyDub

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 11:00:10 PM »

Was Unbricking easy and straight forward using galletto and bootmode?

How would you see a no read before attempting to read or write?

The maps that were surprisingly similar between the GIAC file and stock:
LDRXN/_ZK
LAMFA

Stock LDXRN, now that is odd. What values?

Do you remember what AFR you'd get under WOT? What boost was it running?

The file had -7.5 to -10 timing pull on WOT (VERY BAD), and I dont understand how an entire tuning company could make such a bad file.

I'll link it tomorrow, I had a 1.8t AWP Unitronic stage 2 tune and with Unisettings pulled 4.5 Degrees timing across the board. It still
pulled around 10 Degreess through CF. And the AFR was junk.

Without Unisettings pulling timing, the engine would knock with this Unitronic stage 2 tune, bad enough to hear it from the Driver seat.
I also have no clue how a ''big'' tuning company could write up such crap.

Am I right to assume that under overboost, the ecu is more likely to follow KFMIRL values?
and am I right to assume that if we set the KFLDRXO, TLDOBAN, LDORXN and UADPLMX values as above, then we activate overboost mode indefinitely?

I am not sure and unfamiliar with these maps but it sounds more hack than a hatchet and I'm pretty green.

Glad to hear that you fixed the brick!

adam-

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 12:13:28 AM »

I've not looked at it but they sometimes shift maps around so as people can't see what they've changed.  Possibly done the same for LAMFA.  This is old tech so there's nothing to hide now (except custom code patches which are wizard shit).  But normal "stage 1", "stage 2" etc is all the same old maps, nothing special.

You'll likely see 10 degrees of knock and you ask "how can a company make such a bad tune" - remember, no-one else other than enthusiasts see those numbers.  Everyone else just feels more power and is happy.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 12:17:52 AM »

Exactly. Throw away that "special" tune. It's utterly worthless.

Start from stock, do it right. You're also not going to "learn" anything from a tune that's been deliberately obfuscated.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »

Start from stock, do it right. You're also not going to "learn" anything from a tune that's been deliberately obfuscated.

This.  You'll learn more and quicker by reading the stuff here than trying to work out why you think the numbers you're seeing make sense.  "Stock LAMFA, how does that work?" Away down a rabbit hole wasting time when you could just know from the start that it's wrong and likely hidden.

Save your breath, these old GIAC tunes are when they didn't know any better either.  Get stuck in, you can you do a stage 1 in a few hours if you read the threads. Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2020, 01:17:31 AM »

This.  You'll learn more and quicker by reading the stuff here than trying to work out why you think the numbers you're seeing make sense.  "Stock LAMFA, how does that work?" Away down a rabbit hole wasting time when you could just know from the start that it's wrong and likely hidden.

Save your breath, these old GIAC tunes are when they didn't know any better either.  Get stuck in, you can you do a stage 1 in a few hours if you read the threads. Smiley

I guarantee you GIAC didn't know LAMFA even existed then.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
armaan

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 03:00:11 AM »

Was Unbricking easy and straight forward using galletto and bootmode?

How would you see a no read before attempting to read or write?

Stock LDXRN, now that is odd. What values?

Do you remember what AFR you'd get under WOT? What boost was it running?

I'll link it tomorrow, I had a 1.8t AWP Unitronic stage 2 tune and with Unisettings pulled 4.5 Degrees timing across the board. It still
pulled around 10 Degreess through CF. And the AFR was junk.

Without Unisettings pulling timing, the engine would knock with this Unitronic stage 2 tune, bad enough to hear it from the Driver seat.
I also have no clue how a ''big'' tuning company could write up such crap.

I am not sure and unfamiliar with these maps but it sounds more hack than a hatchet and I'm pretty green.

Glad to hear that you fixed the brick!

After reading your experience with Unitronics, I gotta say damn these guys are careless.

It wasnt easy to unbrick, had to pull a fuse and then still failed, then last ditch effort was to use a Mk4GTI ecu with immo delete, started the car then drove all the way to a mech who had a battery charger, which then worked. Phew.
PSA: the AUM ecu worked but threw up a few errors and ABS and ESP lights were stuck ON, thankfully it was just a temporary measure.

Yeah youre right it seems like a very weird way of making a Stage 1 file. atleast if they had sorted out LAMFA Id say they onto something, but even KFZW/2, KFLDIMX, KFLDHBN were all stock.

armaan

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 03:02:46 AM »

I've not looked at it but they sometimes shift maps around so as people can't see what they've changed.  Possibly done the same for LAMFA.  This is old tech so there's nothing to hide now (except custom code patches which are wizard shit).  But normal "stage 1", "stage 2" etc is all the same old maps, nothing special.

You'll likely see 10 degrees of knock and you ask "how can a company make such a bad tune" - remember, no-one else other than enthusiasts see those numbers.  Everyone else just feels more power and is happy.

Oh I see, it seems like an evil business strategy, like the engine will probably break something in the future running that tune and then the unituners would say: "Well thats the downside of running more power, you see, but we can definitely rebuild your engine for $$$"

armaan

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 03:04:56 AM »

Exactly. Throw away that "special" tune. It's utterly worthless.

Thanks bro @nyet, since then I have seen the light. Thanks to your posts here on Nefmoto, I have made progress on my own Stage 1 file.

armaan

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 03:07:17 AM »

I guarantee you GIAC didn't know LAMFA even existed then.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Wow, then that makes me double mad knowing they made $$$ off such a shit tune.

4JMotorsportAustralia1234

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2024, 05:20:22 PM »

Hi, i am just wondering, do you thing the cup gti file will work.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: