Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Leon 1M AUQ Front Lambda  (Read 7055 times)
Sandstorm3k

« on: December 02, 2019, 05:25:41 AM »

Hello there!

I've got a question regarding the working of my first lamda sensor. The previous owner of the car replaced the front O2 sensor with a brand new one OEM one to no succes so i can be 100% certain this is not the issue here. Now i do know it has most likely something to do with the N249/N112 Mod, my car has these valves physically removed. (I bought the car like this). Now the 2 plugs which should be for these valves are wired up to some kind of resistors. I have tried 2 different types of resistors also to no succes.

The error code that comes up on my generic OBD scan tool is: P0130 which basically says there is an error in the first lambda's electronic circuit which i guess makes sense. If i use my MPPS cable it also shows another error code which is P1287 something to do with an electrical failure in the N249 valve, which i don't have. What could i try in order to get the first lambda to work again?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 07:54:43 AM »

Flash stock file
Clear dtcs
Start engine
Start vcds engine measurements 033
Wait until o2 regulation begins
If you see -25% and after that 0% and error code comes than it's basically rich afr poisoned o2
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 09:46:43 AM »

Flash stock file
Clear dtcs
Start engine
Start vcds engine measurements 033
Wait until o2 regulation begins
If you see -25% and after that 0% and error code comes than it's basically rich afr poisoned o2

Thanks for the tip, i considered flashing a stock file but to me it seems this would only make matters worse. This car has had a bunch of engine modifications and software mods alike. To name a few; it is running without a MAF, no N249/N112 system, 4bar FPR, and probably a bunch more. I am happy with the power it delivers but this is the one thing that i cannot get my head around. Im just figuring out what options i would have to resolve this..
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »

Probably bad emission delete or fueling
Anyway you can do same thing on your file but it's slightly harder to sort it out then
rogerius

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 11:36:45 AM »

Just try and enable back, one by one, the REAR O2 sensor deletes on your tuned file.
Thus you will be able to pick which of the REAR sensor deletes causes the P0130 for the front sensor (probably the ageing check, but try yourself).

-
oh, and searching for P0130 on nefmoto will bring up a lot of similar cases...
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 07:01:37 AM »

Just try and enable back, one by one, the REAR O2 sensor deletes on your tuned file.
Thus you will be able to pick which of the REAR sensor deletes causes the P0130 for the front sensor (probably the ageing check, but try yourself).

-
oh, and searching for P0130 on nefmoto will bring up a lot of similar cases...

Good tip, i will search the forums for a bit more!

I don't think it is caused by software though, since the rear O2 isn't deleted and still functions with a spacer in between. The voltages on the rear O2 are totally fine, its just that the front O2 doesn't do anything at all. I have a reason to believe this is caused by the missing N249 or N112 valve but i can't seem to understand why since they are wired up to resistances.

JustGav

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 01:35:32 PM »

Another leon guy...

Mafless?? how does it seem to run? most seem to suggest a bad idea, but then..... always interesting to see something different
adam-

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 02:07:36 PM »

To name a few; it is running without a MAF, no N249/N112 system, 4bar FPR, and probably a bunch more.
These are literally all of your issues.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 05:29:36 AM »

Another leon guy...

Mafless?? how does it seem to run? most seem to suggest a bad idea, but then..... always interesting to see something different

From what a mechanic told me its only really necessary on high HP builds so talking 400-500+. But if you want an actual blow off valve (which my car has) you also need to run the engine without the MAF. This because the OEM diverter valve will put some air back into the intake if im not mistaken. If you were to go for a full BOV the system would throw error codes because it would detect the diverter valve is not operating as it should.

The car runs amazing only thing that bothers me is the check engine light for the lambda not working. It suspect it might run a little better/cleaner with it working but i'd either like to fix the actual issue or just delete the code, since the car performs and runs well.

Sandstorm3k

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 05:37:25 AM »

These are literally all of your issues.

Perhaps they are, im just trying to figure out how to get the lambda to work correctly. Either through hardware modifications or a software fix.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2019, 06:11:03 AM »

A BOV on ANY car is retarded. Stock DV system works perfectly fine even past 600 HP.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
JustGav

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 06:58:11 AM »

Perhaps they are, im just trying to figure out how to get the lambda to work correctly. Either through hardware modifications or a software fix.

I'm still in the process getting to grips with the me 7.5 platform, but happy to share my notes with you if you wish.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 07:25:44 AM »

I'd be happy to learn anything i can. So please feel free  Grin

As for the BOV, for you it may seem retarded but i too prefer the louder blow-off sound. I wouldn't go as far as to handicap the car myself in order to run one but i simply bought it like this and it functions fine.
prj

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2019, 07:37:22 AM »

Everything "runs fine". No proper load acquisition, no closed loop control. "Fine".
Not a single log, "fine".

I love this thread.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »

Everything "runs fine". No proper load acquisition, no closed loop control. "Fine".
Not a single log, "fine".

I love this thread.

Instead of being sarcastic you could also share your knowledge, im here to learn and this doesn't help me one bit. To me as a noob it seems that the car runs as it should thats all i am saying.

Only thing i know for certain is that there is no lambda regulation and i would like to know how to fix it. Either software or hardwarewise. Now what information could a log contain to help me figure out the cause of the issue?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: