Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Tuning my stage 1/2 file - Audi TT 225.  (Read 26022 times)
RBPE

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »

Fortunately its not. Mines a lot less agressive lower down but obviously requesting way too much at the top. It was a local driveway tuner / map though, hence why I'm trying to get fully to grips with it in order to improve it and learn on the way.

In all honesty mate, revert back to stock, build it up off that! If you're using other's tunes then you don't know if the Nef edu stuff is a help or a hindrance in tuning.

Will add info on why if you need it, different strategies etc if you need but I'd start with that, you can get base's fairly easily, you seem to know the basics tbh!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:32:32 PM by RBPE » Logged
Tobs123

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2020, 12:45:30 PM »

OK man might do that. makes sense. I'm slowly piecing it all together. Seem to be pretty much at limit of hardware atm. Wil take turbo off and inspect at some point. Probably needs uprated wastgate and fuel pump for starters. Also my FMIC pipes aren't great.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2020, 12:56:50 PM »

Agree 100% with always starting from stock. You never know what you are starting with. At minimum, you should know what each change made by somebody does. If you don't, DO NOT USE THAT FILE.

It really is that simple.

Account for every change. If you don't know what it does, revert it to stock.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tobs123

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2020, 02:18:02 PM »

One final good log in 3rd gear, (probably best yet) to check difference of mapping in larger injectors in (adjusting KRTE and TVUB), which I was planning to do anyways, as well map out 02 sensors (no EML now  Grin). Made some adjustments to LDRXN (basically tailing off lower at high rpm). Interestingly, due to larger injectors injection duty cycle now peaks at 70% rather than almost 100% as before. Hopefully will fit Uprated fuel pump this weekend and plot again as seems old oem fuel pump is still stuggling based on plateau after 5,7500 rpm.

Car feels great, its fast but obviously still not holding boost that well over 5K rpm (which isn't a massive issue considering how I drive but a niggle I will want to fix). May try to tighten actuator arm, one turn (if I can) or buy new oem one. Wastegate only managing 90% now in higher revs?? Also need to check for boost leaks as suggested already. Any further insights or observations on my attached log very interested in feedback.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2020, 02:38:23 PM »

This looks MUCH better.

I'd bring up LDRXN to match where your actual boost is or bring IMX down to get actual down closer to req.

You don't want a lot of deviation or eventually you may throw a code.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
aef

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2020, 11:57:33 PM »

haha, tune looks good

interesting how much difference a correct log will make here  Grin

add wnwi_w and tmot to your logger please

is this the same file like before because logfile is called newmap...
Tobs123

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2020, 02:19:05 AM »

This looks MUCH better.

I'd bring up LDRXN to match where your actual boost is or bring IMX down to get actual down closer to req.

You don't want a lot of deviation or eventually you may throw a code.

OK will do. Cheers.
Tobs123

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2020, 02:26:05 AM »

haha, tune looks good

interesting how much difference a correct log will make here  Grin

add wnwi_w and tmot to your logger please

is this the same file like before because logfile is called newmap...

This is the new log file after I made some changes to the map.I will add wnwi_w and tmot also next time.
Tobs123

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2020, 01:42:18 PM »

Hey quick question, been trying to get to the bottom of this for like 4 hours or more! I want to try and dial in my 550cc injectors right. Car runs well but understand needs to be calibrated.  I have 3 bar fuel pressure and intially set the KRTKE value as 0.61 and TVUB off the Bosch injector sheet but this seems inconsistent accross the net. I settled on 2.0, 1.3495, 1, 0.78, 0.62 (8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 volts) for TVUB but trying to understand whether correct looking at partial idle and idle adaptations.  Problem is my ECU map doesn't have rkat2_w and fra2_w so can't calculate LTFT's etc.

Currently I am roughly 1.5% AdaptationPartial (therefore KRKTE * 0.985?) and about -1.5% AdaptationIdle (TVUB * 1.some scalar?) . Does this mean I'm pretty close or is it meaningless without rkat2_w and fra2_w? Don't have full VCDS unfortunately. Thanks.

aef

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2020, 02:43:47 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6670.msg67239#msg67239
Tobs123

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2020, 03:13:06 AM »

OK thanks, so 10V=> 1.43 ; 12V=> 1.04 16v => probably slightly higher...so overall mine probably need raising a little. And this is 3 bar right? I think my 8v should be 2.7 also, not 2.0, but depends which datasheet you look at. Thanks
Tobs123

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2020, 02:37:55 PM »

Today I installed uprated 265/h fuel pump (horrible job  Cry, surprise I got it right  Grin), increased LDRXN about 8% and last two columns of KFMIRL, changed TUVB and KrKTE slightly so that AdaptationPartial ( fra_w) now averaging around 0.996 and AdaptationIdle ( rkat_w) bang on 0.

However, had a little fiddle with actuator the other day and shortened a tiny bit but now almost at 95% all the time?? Surely that's not good? Is it just not dipping lower to try and hit my target boost?

Only plus side car feels really fast now and getting probably over 24 psi now (must be right on rod bending limit methinks - no more power!)

Any advice on the wastegate, does it look ok or shall I try and adjust KFLDIMX?? Many Thanks

Maxohio

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2020, 04:06:58 PM »

I think you should lower the desired boost, if the wastegate is working properly, you're turbo is running at maximum now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:21:38 PM by Maxohio » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »

I don't know how many times I can say this.

Don't request boost near the goddamn sensor limit. It belies a severely dangerous lack of understanding of PIDs. There is a direct link between this and your maxed WG.

You are going to break something.

ECUx Plot

Tobs123

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2020, 01:06:43 PM »

OK moved boost down a bit, you're right I need a better understanding of PID (I'll try to find some discussions as tbh don't really understand it so not touched it). Looks like I have a lot of headroom to hopefully do something with timing advances and knock retardation as all my timing maps are identical to stock and don't have any knock. Starting to understand this better now...hopefully
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: