Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Custom stage 1+ having problems  (Read 16516 times)
robek85

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2020, 11:19:14 PM »

Hello, me again.

Have been really busy last few weeks, but still done some work on car. I installed new n75,  measured fuel pressure (38psi on idle, 60psi on full boost, 43psi-FPR in line disconnected), tried with MAF disconnected - same result. Tried different maps but problem persist.  Still getting cut.
Made a new map from scratch. Log attached - can anyone diagnose this?
Thank you
aef

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 05:00:08 AM »

show your fueling maps pls

reduce ldrxn to have a boost request from 1.4bar to 1bar for example.... its just a k04, dont punish him
robek85

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 10:50:11 AM »

Hello.

There isn't much to show from my fueling.

I don't have older logs compatible with ecuxplot, but the ones i do have show this turbo can flow and hold boost. it would flow even more with s3 injectors(ordered but ebay lost them!? ordering second batch!!)

few weeks ago car just started losing power at certain rpms...thats what my problem is - this is this bump your showing. happens in every gear between 4k and 5k rpm.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 04:10:59 PM »

the ones i do have show this turbo can flow and hold boost.

That isn't how you can tell of your turbos are in their efficiency (let alone safe operating) range.

Finally, post a current ME7Log.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
robek85

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 08:41:26 PM »

I do have to agree with you nyet.

Two latest logs attached.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 09:25:58 PM »

Thats not cut.

Thats a huge boost leak, intake collapse, or DV failure

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
robek85

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 11:35:43 PM »

Hello.

OK, i can install a small camera in engine bay to see if tip is collapsing. Will do another pressure test at 25 psi.

I see a pattern when comparing logs... attached pic. Looks like some kinda of a limit (cannot tell what is causing it).

Plus two new fresh logs from this morning.
aef

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2020, 11:44:12 PM »

You have a silicone intake hose? Stock air filter housing? Cold Air hose attached?

Please post a picture and try with reduced ldrxn. With less boost, less airmass, it may not be collapsing.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 11:47:51 PM »

WGDC and throttle plate angle would indicate otherwise. Boost is flat because WG is locked at 95% trying to do something, anything to get the boost up.

DV failure, intake collapse or boost leak.

Or possibly bad N75 or WG actuator but I can't see how that would cause boost to suddenly drop out.

Either that or somebody left a MBC plumbed into your WG line setup.

ECUx Plot

robek85

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 12:34:46 AM »

Hey aef.

Yes i only replaced TIP to silicon one to be able connect K04 , otherwise oem plumbing. I did remove n249, n112 years ago. Still left them electricaly connected. Custom downpipe, no cat, standard backbox.
Standard SMIC-> outside watersprayed.
I have mapped out rear O2 sensor and secondary air inj.

I have tried many maps, lowest one was with max 150 LRDNX still same problem but at some higher rpm. I managed to do a full pull with part throttle at only 10psi and have not encountered this problem.
Even if i accelerate  slowly up to 5k rpm and then go wide open still bogs in same way.

Nyet i do all the work on car - no MCB there for sure.  I did invest in new oem n75 last week - still the same. Tested WG with line attached no leaks there.  This problem only started few weeks ago with no hardware changes on car.

Yup ECU is doing its job but the overall output is not there!?

Will make a video of TIP first. Then i can swap DV with one from a friends car, and do another boost pressure test at higher boost.

Thank you for all your inputs, will report back with results.

aef

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 02:36:34 AM »

You can modify the underside or run without underside of the filter housing.

The vaccum on the intake side should be less and the silicone house shoult not collaps.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »

Add back in your N249 and replace the DV. It is likely triggering when it shouldn't. It could be your N249 deletion was done incorrectly.

There is literally no reason to delete the N249.

ECUx Plot

robek85

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2020, 11:54:10 PM »

Hello,

n249 was removed back in 2014 when i was cleaning oil vapor tubing. car drove normally from then on.

wasnt able to record a video but small camera mounted in engine bay didnt show any deformation from TIP. tommorow im leaving for a short wacation so had some other stuff to handle yesterday. when im back i should be able to mount gopro to be 100% sure.

i had another look at recent logs.

where does this boost request come from? why only on one graph?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2020, 02:49:45 AM »

where does this boost request come from? why only on one graph?

No idea, you didn't post the rest of the log that goes with it.

Doubtful it is even remotely related, don't chase ghosts.

If you can't find any wg problems (e.g. cracking when it shouldn't) or anything else you have a much more serious problem, like cracked exh mani or blown turbo.

ECUx Plot

royce5950

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2020, 06:47:52 AM »

I can help you sort out the java issues? what OS are you using? 8.1? 10? You gotta get ecuXplot working correctly man..

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: