Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Custom stage 1+ having problems  (Read 16442 times)
robek85

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 11:50:43 PM »

Hello,

Back from family wacations...

Didn't have time to do new diagnostics. However i have searched many colapsing TIP online and looks like Im looking at wrong part of tip (dumbass). 

So I did put up some reinforcement (plastic straps) to my lower part of TIP (very very inaccessible) and boost loss got even worse. So infact it should be colapsing.

Will do my best to find an angle to make a video of it - but very tight spot.

@royce5950 thank you for input - had another look at guide and installed correct java version - have been using ecuXplot for couple of weeks now and it really is a great tool

now a question - has anyone successfully reinforced TIP to prevent it colapsing? - i cant even get my fingers near turbo intake. i had to install turbo with TIP already mounted cause of the lack of space.

robek85

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2020, 01:02:41 AM »

Hello,

some good news here. I made some really basic plastic reinforcement of my TIP (anyone selling TIP?) and my boost is back, second set of injectors is coming so finally moving somewhere Smiley

Car is still slower than it was before TIP colapsing began so have to change tune a bit and lower boost in upper rpm before i injectors arrive.

Log to compare attached.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2020, 09:51:05 AM »

Your boost request is really odd. Definitely avoid large dips, it really causes havoc in the PID.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
robek85

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2020, 11:19:11 PM »

i have also noticed this. so went to look at map again and realized i screwed up kfmiop and kfmirl (adjusted kfmiop to kfmirl). Looks better now. still have to lower load in upper region before bigger injectors arrive.

have been looking for new TIP - my K04 inlet size is 50mm so im not sure if all TIPs in the market can accomodate this.

car is still slow.

log attached

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2020, 11:48:13 PM »

Your req is still a mess. Your IRL is completely wrong pretty much everywhere.
Also how did you manage to not log actual boost
You're also way over injector limit, you're going to break something. You will want to hold off running this much boost, but it also means you're sort of wasting your time fixing IRL/IOP now, you're just going to have to redo it completely.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 11:52:29 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
robek85

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2020, 05:13:35 AM »

hello, yes i deleted some values and boost was on of them(accidentally), but still have vpssplg_w  to compare in there.

will do last two rows of kfmirl again and should be fine. injectors have arrived Cool finnaly

robek85

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2020, 10:47:48 PM »

hey,

injectors are installed, map tweaked, first test result is attached. still high idc on top + TIP colapsing again (at 6k rpm). ordering new TIP today.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2020, 11:44:22 PM »

That actually looks pretty damn good (except for the TIP collapsing part Smiley)

Looking forwards to what you end up with once you get the inlet issue solved.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2020, 11:46:14 PM »

However, people usually ride LDRXN not IRL at WOT. Up to you of course.

ECUx Plot

robek85

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2020, 02:51:38 AM »

@nyet

Thank you,

for all the comments and really advisable inputs. Makes you work even harder Wink.

Especially when comments come from a relly great person like yourself.

Also a great thanks to all who contributed to help me get over this inlet problem.

Will definitely report back with some more logs...

robek85

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:15 PM »

Hello again,

i couldnt wait till new TIP arrives, so went modifing the one that is colapsing - took me two long hours to strengthen it enough. Did it with two clamp and metal shim around colapsing part. It works like a charm.

Now to the next thing. Have started adding more boost and in the last run i have noticed slight oscilation of boost. I can see  from log P-part of pids is moving slightly? could it be it messing my boost?

car feels great to drive...

two logs to compare (second with oscilation)

thanks

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »

DO NOT RUN THIS FILE

Forget about the oscillations for the moment, you are totally out of fuel.

Fix that first, then we'll come back to the oscillations.

ECUx Plot

robek85

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2020, 11:14:34 PM »

Thanks for the warning.

Reduced the boost to keep IDC under 90%.

Oscilations are gone.

robek85

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2020, 10:27:40 PM »

Hello again.

Havent post for a while now, made some minor changes to the car. Added inline fuel pump but still running 3bar FPR. (Have 4bar FPR ready).

I did notice when temperature went lower i lost some low end spool - cant tell why. Couldn't find any leaks in system also.

I did get two codes when scanning with vag com - might be related to low end spool? Car starts and runs fine.

16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake)
             P0011 - 35-10 - Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced) - Intermittent

16727 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) 
             P0343 - 35-10 - Signal too High - Intermittent

Below is latest log - any comments? I know my IDC are quite high but havent had any problems with fueling that i can tell.

Thank you,

Robert

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2020, 10:38:30 PM »

that wnwise doesn't look good.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: