Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huge Noob with a weird question not even he understands...  (Read 1795 times)
marshym

« on: February 18, 2021, 01:11:59 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to understand the process of creating a .bin file out of the .key and .db PDX-F files

Is there any software that will allow me to create a .bin out of a .key and a .db, or is that a stupid question?

This is the pdx file output dialogue using a command prompt for “converter.exe” a file I found within the piwis to do this.

It outputs the *.db and *.key files which are used for flashing the ecus. But they’re not usable to me. The piwis is extracting them further. I need to figure out how to get them from the db/key files to a *.bin or *.hex file.
marshym

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »

https://ibb.co/wsSt36W

This is the console image, cant get it to show in main post. Sorry.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 02:45:44 PM »

why not use/copy paste and

Code:
paste actual text in a code block

instead of posting a picture.

or learn how to post a picture by clicking "additional options" and adding it as an attachment?

Finally, please change the topic to say what ECU/vehicle you are talking about. It clearly isn't ME7.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: