Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: ME7.1.1 Map and Fuel Sensor also N75  (Read 16458 times)
Geomeo

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2021, 07:44:43 PM »

Proprietary editor? For editing source code? What value would a proprietary editor have over any other editor used to edit source?

Do you mean compiler?
No I mean editor.  Like mplab  has for microchip microcontrollers.  Or Texas Instruments ccstudio for their chips.  I say editor, but they call them Interactive Development Environment.  Benefits one not having to pay a license for other software Parties would be one.  Not having to rely on out sourced software updates.  They build their own vag software so I can’t see why it would stop there.   It would just seem like there would be a coding environment that is more geared toward ecu programming.   When vw got in trouble with diesel emissions software bypass I only heard Bosch name being mentioned.  Maybe I’m wrong.  I don’t know. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »

Most IDEs are garbage, especially proprietary ones, since they do not play well with SCMs

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jochen_145

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2021, 08:55:46 AM »

Just out of interest does anyone know what software bosch uses to write the source code?

Bosch got there own "editor": ETAS Ascet

Ist quite simular the Mathlab simuling.
Screenshots take from Ascet show the block diagrams in Frunktionsrahmen.

1. capter of Frunktionsrahmen desibes functional blocks used in Ascet.
Geomeo

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2021, 09:57:05 AM »

Bosch got there own "editor": ETAS Ascet

Ist quite simular the Mathlab simuling.
Screenshots take from Ascet show the block diagrams in Frunktionsrahmen.

1. capter of Frunktionsrahmen desibes functional blocks used in Ascet.
Yep that looks like it would be it.  The company is owned by bosch since 1994.   I’m surprised there’s an English version. Thought it would be german only.  It’s in c lingo programming wise.  I was also reading about asam a21 files which might be part of this software.
jochen_145

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2021, 12:31:55 PM »

I was also reading about asam a21 files which might be part of this software.

Yes and no:

Damos is ETAS (Bosch) specific description , A2L is more general..

So, A2L are supported by most application tools, Damos mostly by INCA

But at the end, you can deside in witch way application- and messasurement-values are defined: A2L or Damos
Geomeo

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »

Most IDEs are garbage, especially proprietary ones, since they do not play well with SCMs
I have not come across issues with ides much.  But I have only ever written some small programs for work.  Which ides have you been using? 
valmes

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2024, 07:30:17 AM »

Sorry to chime in (I know this is an old thread), but using simple logic that Bentley GT/FS W12TT are basically two VR6 engines on a single crank ran by twin ME7.1.1 ECUs... might be worth looking in this direction.

The Motronic ME 7.1.1 engine management system for the W12 engine allows high engine performance with low fuel consumption by adapting to all operating conditions. At the heart of the Motronic ME 7.1.1 are two electronic engine control modules. This concept treats the two cylinder banks as two separate engines.

This is quote for Phaeton W12 (NA), but Bentley uses similar design just with all the things required for FI engine.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 07:32:11 AM by valmes » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: