Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some noob questions  (Read 3160 times)
Norwegian1.8T

« on: June 08, 2021, 12:44:28 PM »

Hey everybody,
I'm quite new to this tuning thing but want to learn! Therefore i've read up on the S4Wiki(Great wiki btw) aswell as the FR. If there's anything i'm misunderstanding(There's probarbly alot) let me know  Grin
I'm tuning my car, an Golf MK4 with ME7.5 06A 906 032 HJ 0002. Its got a K04-064 with bigger injectors and a 3 inch MAF with the supporting mods.
I've made my first file using the basics i know, i took IRL, IOP and KFZWOP/2 from an BAM ECU with the stock 225hp. (I'm aiming for about 300-350hp).
I made sure the last row of IRL requested enough load so upped it to 240 aswell as rescaled the IOP axis. (Main fueling and MAF is sorted btw).

But my issue is that EngineLoadCorrected is riding ChargeLimitTurboProtection (Yes i upped KFLDHBN).
I also moved LDRXN up and out of the way to see if it would help, it didnt(duh..).
I've also got a strange dip in my Load, is this maybe Cam changeover?
Also i can see that my requested boost is way off at the start, this is probarbly because i havent tuned IMX yet?

Please dont hate too much, but let me know if ive done something stupid  Roll Eyes

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 06:29:19 PM »

that is a terrible choice of axis.

why not put PSI on the left, and load and WG on the right? One is pressure, the other two are %. Why would you put % and PSI on the same axis?

also, please don't just post graphs. Post the original logs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Norwegian1.8T

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 12:45:42 AM »

that is a terrible choice of axis.

why not put PSI on the left, and load and WG on the right? One is pressure, the other two are %. Why would you put % and PSI on the same axis?

also, please don't just post graphs. Post the original logs.

Noted, here's the log. I know AFR on the top end is way out, it's because i used the stock BTS  Tongue It's changed now

Blazius

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 05:33:06 AM »

The load dip  is only 3% because of the axis scale it looks big but it isnt, could be VVT indeed, have you checked where is the switchover if any? Impossible to know from a picture.

Also this thread is in the wrong section.
Norwegian1.8T

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 07:03:45 AM »

The load dip  is only 3% because of the axis scale it looks big but it isnt, could be VVT indeed, have you checked where is the switchover if any? Impossible to know from a picture.

Also this thread is in the wrong section.

Yeah when you say it it's not that big of a dip. On my ECU i dont have KFNW and KFNWWL. But i do have KFNWSE and KFNWWLE. But these does not have any changeover on them? I'll add the map table.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 10:36:19 AM »

Did you just completely ignore both of us?

1) post logs
2) this is the wrong section

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Norwegian1.8T

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 11:08:06 AM »

Did you just completely ignore both of us?

1) post logs
2) this is the wrong section
I did post the log, can I live the topic or do I have to delete it an repost it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: