Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi TT MPH to KPHR  (Read 2508 times)
ianpgonzaga

« on: July 02, 2021, 04:28:58 PM »

Hi everyone i would like to see if there's any way to change this MPH cluster over to KMPH? I have already changed the coding in the cluster to be match the country (it was an import vehicle from UK to AUS) but that didn't fix the speedo behaviour. I have installed KM/HR foils but the needle still moves to MPH when checking it with GPS speedo.

I have the dumps from both of the clusters. I am thinking to

A) use the PIN's to try and do it the VCDS way or
B) manually change the important HEX data (VIN, SKC, IMMO) and then test
    - has anyone done this way before? I will upload what i suspect are these chunks that need importing into the KM HR speedo.

I am not finding much information for this procedure anywhere online. I would really appreciate any leads in the right direction.

Here is what I am thinking is the important data (the concept coming from 8L, B5 clusters where you can do HEX data swap easily)

I can't tell what the rest of the data is as it is laid out differently to the 8L data but see no obvious other patterns. If anyone else can help ID what the other sections mean that would be awesome!

TIA Smiley
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:30:51 PM by ianpgonzaga » Logged
ianpgonzaga

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 03:35:42 AM »

BuMp

Hoping someone has some info Smiley
Geomeo

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 12:57:27 PM »

How did you read the bin files on your cluster?  I'm doing something similar, but just looking for the four digit code.
zCruuz

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 01:35:53 PM »

How did you read the bin files on your cluster?  I'm doing something similar, but just looking for the four digit code.

U can use VAG Eeprom programmer or VAG Can Commander to readout the cluster dump via OBD with a cheap OBD cable
Geomeo

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »

I don’t have any of those programs, but I did thought I saw something before on the km/h mph part.  From this site https://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/topic/23756-converting-speedo-from-mph-to-kph/

I just tried it with vagcom.  A cheap version, but I do have the full version of vag.  Anyway I click on instruments and recode (soft coding). Change the middle digit to 3 it comes up with km/h.  (It was set to 2).  If this works for you might be worth knowing what changes in the bin file are made?  I would suspect there’s some scaling changes made in the file. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: